US peace council's findings on Syria.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2016, 05:50 PM
US peace council's findings on Syria.
Whilst the war in Syria is a complicated issue, I decided to post it here as it relates to US foreign policy.

As I try to be neutral when viewing the bigger picture of world events, to begin I would like to point out that the US peace council is the American arm of the World Peace Council and it's history begins and stems from the USSR, which I feel is important to state when questioning the validity of a source. I have only spent twenty minutes reading up on the World Peace Council and in time I look forward to hearing anybodies views or information on them to further expanding my own research and reading about this NGO.

So to summarise... The group spent nearly a week in Syria, mostly in goverment controlled areas and were apparently allowed access to whatever they wanted. They also had a two hour meeting with Assad in that time. Again, being neutral I imagine that they could of potentially only been shown a side that was beneficial to the Syrian government.

It is their view that the war is nothing but an attempt at regime change from the US, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Israel. That there are no 'rebels' who are fighting to overthrow Assad for the good of Syria,there are only terrorist mercenary groups being used as a proxy army by the US and it's allies.

They also state that the things we see on western media does not show an accurate picture of what is happening over there and that reports of issues are just a narrative to favour support. That the war on ISIS is only being fought half heartedly and that the real acts of terrorism come from the various rebel groups.

That there are no 'moderate' rebels and that support for Assad and its government is high and that the last elections were actively monitored.

On a side note. I found it interesting back then to how ISIS and these 'rebel' groups funded and armed themselves. Sure I can appreciate the capture of military equipment and resources, but longterm I doubt that would be enough to sustain a 5+ year battle.

I also found it interesting how tacticly it would be important to stop the funds of ISIS as one way of crushing them. Yet it took Russia entering the scene to start an immediate operation to airstrike the huge lines of convoys of oil tankers leaving Syria and going, mostly unchecked (allegedly) through the border and into Turkey. Who was buying this stolen oil? Why was it not took out by the western coallition before and why was it not investigated?

Cheers.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
28-09-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: US peace council's findings on Syria.
Quote:Who was buying this stolen oil? Why was it not took out by the western coallition before and why was it not investigated?

You want to bomb Turkey?

I think you should go back to the first phrase of your opening sentence and study it real hard.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
28-09-2016, 09:42 PM
If the US and its allies wanted regime chage in Syria then Assad would have had the misfortune™ to have stepped on an ISIS (honestly) IDE (made in Taiwan) or had some similar mishap that would spread him across more geography than is healthy. All that regime change requires is a decent sniper with a clear line of site. The challenge is ensuring that the next bastard isn't an even more genocidal lunatic.

And of course there's the pesky problem of ISIS filling the power vaccuum that you'd create by ventilating Assad's skull. ISIS is one of the very few reasons that he still disgraces the planet.

Or are we supposed to believe in some massive government conspiracy, a proposition which would require that all of the involved governments had suddenly contracted a shocking case of competence, a finding clearly at odds with the contenders in the 2016 US elections.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
28-09-2016, 10:58 PM
How much access do you really have with such oversight?

I mean, how easy would it be to just cordon off sections they don't want people to see by saying they don't have "control" of it, making that area effectively immune to oversight?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-09-2016, 12:16 AM
Most NGO like the Red Cross, Amnesty International and Doctor Without Border have reported that the regime of Assad has been responsible for numerus war crimes, most of them involvong the bombing of hospitals in "liberated zones". Support of Assad is pretty low, so is the support to any combattant in the region. Most civilian are interested in one thing right now, not getting killed, not getting bombed, not getting enslaved, robbed or raped. The rest is pretty accessory. People will support those who can provide them with a certain sense of security and fairness and so far in Syria that's pretty much no one.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/new...tional-aid

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
29-09-2016, 12:42 AM
(29-09-2016 12:16 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Most NGO like the Red Cross, Amnesty International and Doctor Without Border have reported that the regime of Assad has been responsible for numerus war crimes, most of them involvong the bombing of hospitals in "liberated zones". Support of Assad is pretty low, so is the support to any combattant in the region. Most civilian are interested in one thing right now, not getting killed, not getting bombed, not getting enslaved, robbed or raped. The rest is pretty accessory. People will support those who can provide them with a certain sense of security and fairness and so far in Syria that's pretty much no one.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/new...tional-aid

Doctors without borders are an awesome organisation. I'll take their word over any piffling peace council any day.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-09-2016, 02:13 AM
Fucking peacenik liberals, all of them.

We're being asked to believe:

- that Wahabiists want to undermine secularism
- that Murikan Exceptionalism is a thing
- that the US has no problem violating international law
- that the US proletariat are fed misinformation via a corporatised media who are failing in their responsibility to challenge official positions

Dodgy

No shit.

Rolleyes

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
29-09-2016, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2016 06:59 AM by tomilay.)
(29-09-2016 02:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Fucking peacenik liberals, all of them.

We're being asked to believe:

- that Wahabiists want to undermine secularism
- that Murikan Exceptionalism is a thing
- that the US has no problem violating international law
- that the US proletariat are fed misinformation via a corporatised media who are failing in their responsibility to challenge official positions

Dodgy

No shit.

Rolleyes

In Syria, there are no good guys. Not Assad, not Al Nusra who lop off human heads as a hobby and snack on human hearts. Not the US or Russia(both of which have turned this into a bloodier conflict than it otherwise might have been). Or whatever other armed outfit bar possibly the Kurds.

That said, Assad is not popular to most of the population which is Sunni. He is a Shia. If he is removed, there is a better chance of relative peace.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
29-09-2016, 07:06 PM
(29-09-2016 06:54 AM)tomilay Wrote:  ...

That said, Assad is not popular to most of the population which is Sunni. He is a Shia. If he is removed, there is a better chance of relative peace.

I think that that was the reasoning that got Lincoln shot.

Undecided