US pharma firms in legal battle against their drugs being used in executions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2017, 12:43 PM
RE: US pharma firms in legal battle against their drugs being used in executions
(14-04-2017 12:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 12:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The most humane would be a hyperbaric chamber.

Simply put them in a sealed tank and suck the air out.

Totally painless.

Nah. Nitrogen gas. Couple breaths and you're out and the body don't even know what's going on. No unpleasant reactions. They say helium too because it's also inert but nitrogen makes more sense to me because we're so used to so much of it already.

More expensive.

But identical effect.

You lose consciousness, then die of asphyxiation.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-04-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: US pharma firms in legal battle against their drugs being used in executions
(14-04-2017 12:43 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 12:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nah. Nitrogen gas. Couple breaths and you're out and the body don't even know what's going on. No unpleasant reactions. They say helium too because it's also inert but nitrogen makes more sense to me because we're so used to so much of it already.

More expensive.

But identical effect.

You lose consciousness, then die of asphyxiation.

You don't experience the CO2 reflex with the chamber as the air is sucked out? ... Looks like you're right. And that would be the most cost effective humane means.

"breathing at a high altitude, where air pressure is low. One exhales CO2 freely but the body does not receive enough oxygen. Because CO2 can be exhaled, CO2 reflex is not triggered, there is no suffocation feeling; often, consciousness is lost without any advance warning. Pilots are likely to face this situation in case of aircraft depressurization. Lack of warning before unconsciousness is so dangerous that US Air Force trains crews to recognize signs of approaching hypoxia."

Yet another reason to invest in that sensory deprivation tank. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-04-2017, 01:19 PM
(14-04-2017 09:47 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 08:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A rope is cheaper, does the job just as well, and can be used over and over......

No, the rope cannot be used over and over. Pieces of flesh get imbeded in the rope when hanging someone. For hygene reason (you don't want it to smell) you have to replace the for every execution. Plus, leathal injection and hanging are a bit barbaric. Why don't you just use a guillotine. Its cheap and extraordinarly efficient and painless (the famous 6 second of life is actualy a myth due to post mortem spasm of the eye)?

A survey of guillotine victims showed that they all had no comment when asked about the pain.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 8 users Like morondog's post
14-04-2017, 02:14 PM
(14-04-2017 12:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 09:47 AM)epronovost Wrote:  No, the rope cannot be used over and over. Pieces of flesh get imbeded in the rope when hanging someone. For hygene reason (you don't want it to smell) you have to replace the for every execution. Plus, leathal injection and hanging are a bit barbaric. Why don't you just use a guillotine. Its cheap and extraordinarly efficient and painless (the famous 6 second of life is actualy a myth due to post mortem spasm of the eye)?

Hygene in hanging????

Pfffftt....

Who gives a shit if it smells???

I guarantee you that once the trap door drops, there won't be any more complaining....

ew, this rope is all smelly and scratchy...thud.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
14-04-2017, 06:57 PM
(14-04-2017 08:12 AM)abaris Wrote:  After European Pharma retreated from delivering drugs to the US that could be used in executions, it seems US pharma also wakes up to the fact that it's bad PR when their drugs are used to kills instead of heal people.

Quote:Fresenius Kabi USA and West-Ward Pharmaceuticals have called for a US judge to prevent Arkansas from using their drugs to execute seven inmates before the end of the month.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/14/pharmaceut...s-6574428/

Y'know, in this state we have legal doctor-assisted suicide, and I've not heard about anyone having trouble getting the drugs involved with that. Seems like a deal could be cut with whoever's making those.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
14-04-2017, 06:58 PM
(14-04-2017 08:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A rope is cheaper, does the job just as well, and can be used over and over......

We've got lots of guns and bullets . . .

--
Dr H

14-04-2017, 07:03 PM
(14-04-2017 12:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hygene in hanging????
Hey. they swab the injection site with alcohol before giving the lethal injection.

--
Dr H

14-04-2017, 07:21 PM
(14-04-2017 07:03 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 12:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hygene in hanging????
Hey. they swab the injection site with alcohol before giving the lethal injection.

What if they had to dig the person up for more tests, and found a rotten spot at the injection site before anywhere else? Inquiring minds want to know!
16-04-2017, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2017 08:27 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
Its funny that Big Pharma complained about its products being used to execute people but the power companies never bitched when the electric chair was in it's heyday or ammunition makers never complained about their products used in firing squads, etc.

Most likely state agencies will develop fake departments who purchase these drugs in secret, or for other stated reasons, then use them in executions.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
17-04-2017, 02:08 AM
(16-04-2017 08:24 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Its funny that Big Pharma complained about its products being used to execute people but the power companies never bitched when the electric chair was in it's heyday or ammunition makers never complained about their products used in firing squads, etc.

Most likely state agencies will develop fake departments who purchase these drugs in secret, or for other stated reasons, then use them in executions.

I think it's more problematic anyway. If you're gonna execute people, the least you can do is execute them humanely. Now they'll have to use maybe a less effective drug.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.