US pharma firms in legal battle against their drugs being used in executions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2017, 03:10 AM
RE: US pharma firms in legal battle against their drugs being used in executions
(16-04-2017 08:24 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Its funny that Big Pharma complained about its products being used to execute people but the power companies never bitched when the electric chair was in it's heyday or ammunition makers never complained about their products used in firing squads, etc.

In that you would be wrong. When the chair first was introduced, Westinghouse fought against the use of his technology to kill people with similar arguments.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2017, 03:17 PM
RE: US pharma firms in legal battle against their drugs being used in executions
(17-04-2017 03:10 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 08:24 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Its funny that Big Pharma complained about its products being used to execute people but the power companies never bitched when the electric chair was in it's heyday or ammunition makers never complained about their products used in firing squads, etc.

In that you would be wrong. When the chair first was introduced, Westinghouse fought against the use of his technology to kill people with similar arguments.

In those days the electric chair was an experimental alternative to hanging, and not used by 26 states like it was in by the 1930s and 40s. Yes I am aware of the 'War of the Currents' back in the 1880s that sired the use of the chair in executing criminals.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
23-04-2017, 03:36 PM
(14-04-2017 07:03 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 12:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hygene in hanging????
Hey. they swab the injection site with alcohol before giving the lethal injection.

I've always found that amusing...

Hell, the guy can swab the needle in spit as far as that goes....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-04-2017, 10:54 PM
(17-04-2017 02:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Most likely state agencies will develop fake departments who purchase these drugs in secret, or for other stated reasons, then use them in executions.

I think it's more problematic anyway. If you're gonna execute people, the least you can do is execute them humanely. Now they'll have to use maybe a less effective drug.

I guess it depends on what you mean by 'humane'; that's always going to be a violent, brutal and uncomfortable process for everyone involved. Near as I know, there is no humane way to go about this.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
25-04-2017, 03:54 PM
(17-04-2017 03:10 AM)abaris Wrote:  In that you would be wrong. When the chair first was introduced, Westinghouse fought against the use of his technology to kill people with similar arguments.

Actually it was Tesla's and Stanley's technology; Westinghouse was just the bankroller.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
25-04-2017, 03:57 PM
(17-04-2017 02:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think it's more problematic anyway. If you're gonna execute people, the least you can do is execute them humanely. Now they'll have to use maybe a less effective drug.

People die of heroin ODs every day, and there rarely seems to be a shortage of that drug.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
25-04-2017, 04:04 PM
(14-04-2017 08:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A rope is cheaper, does the job just as well, and can be used over and over......

Actually, it can't be reused.
Once rope is stretched, it might not be able to retain it's original integrity and/or elasticity. Wouldn't want anyone touching the ground simply because the guy before him was a big fat-so. Shy

But I'm all for using rope. Rope is made of hemp.
It would be sweet irony to be forced by our own justice system to finally legalize it. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-04-2017, 01:55 PM
Good, we don't need the death penalty anyway. It costs tax payers far too much to prosecute anyway.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user