USA and Russia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2016, 09:10 PM
RE: USA and Russia
(29-12-2016 08:53 PM)BnW Wrote:  Going to be interesting to see how this plays out

That's pretty much my view on every story that pops up.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2016, 09:13 PM
USA and Russia
What I find interesting is the last part of this text. Basically it says, the US has spies, computer "implants" and such in Russia, but is butthurt about getting spied on and hacked. Hypocrisy!

[Image: 5b7f2c855c2dae58be46d9bb175a30d8.png]

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/29/us/...oogle.com/
29-12-2016, 09:18 PM
(29-12-2016 09:13 PM)KUSA Wrote:  What I find interesting is the last part of this text. Basically it says, the US has spies, computer "implants" and such in Russia, but is butthurt about getting spied on and hacked. Hypocrisy!

[Image: 5b7f2c855c2dae58be46d9bb175a30d8.png]

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/29/us/...oogle.com/

Espionage of various types is one of those things that everyone does but pretends like it's a surprise when someone else gets caught. Nothing new here. China wrote the book on it thousands of years ago and nothing has changed.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
29-12-2016, 09:23 PM
(29-12-2016 06:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  Trump says we need to move on and he'll get briefed on the situation sometime next week.

Of course, the dumb fuck may need Tovarish Vladimir to help him in 2020!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
29-12-2016, 09:38 PM
(29-12-2016 04:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think Obama must have very specific data, down to exact individuals, because that's pretty much what he sanctioned, the punishment of certain individuals and companies, not all of Russia.

Well IF that's the case then it's the end of Wikileaks, because they will have lost all credibility of Assange and Murray (Murray said he met in person with the DNC leaker who personally turned the emails over to him for Wikileaks). On the other hand, the US Government has a long patriotic history of interfering with world affairs and lying about anything intelligence related (eg Iraq has WMDs) so I tend to believe these are the actions of an incompetent and insane head-of-State that is driving a wrecking-ball through his country right before handing over to the next administration.

Assange has staked his reputation and the reputation of Wikileaks on the fact that the DNC emails and the Clinton-server emails were not handed to them on behalf of the Russian government or any other State party.

@KUSA - the real hypocrisy is that the USA has interfered with countless sovereign governments, often directly overthrowing them, or in the case of Syria providing material support to the terrorists that are at civil war trying to overthrow governments, and yet they complain when someone does the same thing to them but on a far smaller scale! That's hypocrisy through and through.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Aractus's post
29-12-2016, 09:46 PM
(29-12-2016 09:38 PM)Aractus Wrote:  Assange has staked his reputation and the reputation of Wikileaks on the fact that the DNC emails and the Clinton-server emails were not handed to them on behalf of the Russian government or any other State party.

He may not know where it came from. Assange strikes me as a lucky amateaur. I have no idea what part of this story is true, but one thing that is easy for me to believe is that Assange can be played for a sucker by Putin and his intelligence services.

Btw, at least John McCain and Lindsey Graham have now issued statement favoring this. If Trump tries to just reverse this, he's going to have issues within his own party. It's probably not a good way to start off a new administration.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
29-12-2016, 10:05 PM
(29-12-2016 09:10 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 08:53 PM)BnW Wrote:  Going to be interesting to see how this plays out

That's pretty much my view on every story that pops up.

Yep.

I have no idea what to expect. I can't tell if Trump is really clever or just making shit up as he goes. It really feels like he's making shit up as he goes and things like taking the call from the President of Taiwan were done because he had no idea what the implications were, but who knows.

I'm inclined to think that Trump has no real plan here and is going to get us into a lot of trouble, but maybe there is an actual plan and agenda and they are just waiting to share it with everyone. I doubt it, but let's see.

29-12-2016, 10:10 PM
(29-12-2016 09:46 PM)BnW Wrote:  He may not know where it came from.

Well then he's lying, and so is Murray since Murray said he personally met the DNC leaker and was handed the leaked DNC emails.

Quote:Assange strikes me as a lucky amateaur.

I'd hardly call him that.

Quote:Btw, at least John McCain and Lindsey Graham have now issued statement favoring this. If Trump tries to just reverse this, he's going to have issues within his own party. It's probably not a good way to start off a new administration.

The way I see it is this. The US government is playing a high-stakes political game here...

They're basically waiting to see if the Russians will blink.

My Blog
29-12-2016, 10:19 PM
I saw the Craig Murray story. I also saw that Assange pretty much distanced himself from his statements. And, Assange may not be lying. He may think he does know who is source is. And, he may be wrong. I suppose he could be lying too, I have no idea. But, I think it's far more likely he's being played for a fool.

As for "waiting to see if the Russians will blink", I have no idea what that means. I figure the Russians will respond in kind and issue their own counter sanctions, kick out some of our people, etc. I have no idea what the end game is here, I really don't. I guess we all find out together.

29-12-2016, 10:26 PM
They (the CIA) don't know shit. They're watching the Russians with their spies to see what happens when they make these allegations. If they have solid evidence they would prove it.

Assange met with Murray just one month ago in the Embassy - how is that "distancing himself"? He didn't rule out the Russians as a source until close to the US election, sure, and he's never said they were "leaks not hacks". That isn't distancing himself from Murray, that's just giving less information than Murray.

My Blog