USA and Russia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2016, 10:04 AM
RE: USA and Russia
(31-12-2016 09:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(31-12-2016 08:44 AM)yakherder Wrote:  We've got plenty of resources allocated to cyber warfare, hacking included. Our main disadvantage is our own laws which, contrary to popular belief, we generally try to follow. China and Russia don't have those self imposed restraints.
Which laws are you referring to?

Most fall under outdated laws within 18 USC 1030. Beyond that, we have the cyber equivalent of rules of engagement, while countries like China simply assume that we are always at war and only the nature of it changes.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2016, 10:41 AM
(31-12-2016 10:04 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(31-12-2016 09:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Which laws are you referring to?

Most fall under outdated laws within 18 USC 1030. Beyond that, we have the cyber equivalent of rules of engagement, while countries like China simply assume that we are always at war and only the nature of it changes.

The Chinese have been waiting for us with a shitload of IPV6 vulnerability exploitations for the last 15 years since the US mandated it for government computers and networks. Silly Chinese, thinking we take our own edicts seriously and shit.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
31-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Today's editorial in the Washington post:

Quote:Why is Mr. Trump so dismissive of Russia’s dangerous behavior? Some say it is his lack of experience in foreign policy, or an oft-stated admiration for strongmen, or naivete about Russian intentions. But darker suspicions persist. Mr. Trump has steadfastly refused to be transparent about his multibillion-dollar business empire. Are there loans or deals with Russian businesses or the state that were concealed during the campaign? Are there hidden communications with Mr. Putin or his representatives? We would be thrilled to see all the doubts dispelled, but Mr. Trump’s odd behavior in the face of a clear threat from Russia, matched by Mr. Putin’s evident enthusiasm for the president-elect, cannot be easily explained.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...ca8831dddc

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-12-2016, 07:13 PM
(29-12-2016 08:53 PM)BnW Wrote:  I don't know. I'm trying to figure this whole thing out. It may be just politicking but I'm not so sure. From what I've read, the Republicans leadership in the House and Senate were told this was coming and they were ok with it. In fact, at least Paul Ryan has already issued a statement saying he is on board. I've not seen anything from McConnell but I've not had time to look. From what I can tell, only Trump is saying "nothing to see here".

Like it or not, I think he's going to have a very tough time just overturning this if his own party is not on board with it.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out

Paul Ryan's agreement is possibly just meaningless appeasement to the lame duck. When Trump takes office and wants to remove the sanctions, all Ryan has to do is say that he's on board with it.

We know that the politicians flip-flop all over the place, because we can't do anything about that - especially in these inconsequential situations.

Our system is fucked-up - we need a new, more efficient, system.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
31-12-2016, 08:40 PM
(31-12-2016 05:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  
Quote:Why is Mr. Trump so dismissive of Russia’s dangerous behavior? Some say it is his lack of experience in foreign policy, or an oft-stated admiration for strongmen, or naivete about Russian intentions. But darker suspicions persist. Mr. Trump has steadfastly refused to be transparent about his multibillion-dollar business empire. Are there loans or deals with Russian businesses or the state that were concealed during the campaign? Are there hidden communications with Mr. Putin or his representatives? We would be thrilled to see all the doubts dispelled, but Mr. Trump’s odd behavior in the face of a clear threat from Russia, matched by Mr. Putin’s evident enthusiasm for the president-elect, cannot be easily explained.
It is not all that complicated. Hillary, upon her ascension to the State Department tried to humor the Russians with some dopey 'reset button' diplomacy promise, but she didn't have anything for Russia. Furthermore, it seems that the Obama Administration was taking advantage of the conservatives' distrust of the Russian government, that the editorial is alluding to, and double-crossed on a promise to Putin; in the hopes that conservatives would see Putin as the bad guy and Obama is the good guy. What that promise was, we may not know. What we do know is that there was a hot mic during a meeting between Obama and Putin, and Obama said to Putin, that he would be able to fulfill the promise upon winning the 2012 election.

Russia does not want a World War. Russia would like to be a strong economy like the USA, but it is difficult, because the USA is much further along in its evolution of building commerce and it exercise of corruption. Developing countries cannot replicate our governing system, because it is inefficient, corrupt, and our economy draws all of their more intelligent people - nobody returns to their sorry countries, because they are dismal places.

The solution is that we need a 'scientific' social charter system that will properly organize governments for developing countries. President Obama was awarded a Nobel Peace prize, because he was a black man elected to the Presidency of the infamously racist and corrupt government; and so, the thought was that, maybe, it is not corrupt, and the magic black man should be able to explain how it works for the benefit of the impoverished countries. Think about how extravagant our presidential campaigns are - other countries cannot do anything like it, because they do not have the savvy politicians, much less, the economy, media, event halls, staffing, and citizenry that ewes and awes for the corrupt politicians.

Anyway, President Obama is corrupt and Putin recognized it; and he knows Trump and Rex Tillerson to be honest in their business dealings in Russia. And so, Putin would rather deal with honest people who made their money in private business, rather than Democrats who make their money as corrupt government pigs at the trough.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
31-12-2016, 08:46 PM
I'm impressed that when Drumpf talks you can't see Putin's lips move.

[Image: tumblr_ofbr0xnCL71uyav8ao1_1280.jpg]

These two have a great act going.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
01-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Trump said Saturday that he knows things that we don't know about hacking. He says someone else might have done it. He says we have to tune into the show Tuesday or Wednesday to find out more.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/31/politics/t...index.html

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-01-2017, 07:15 PM
(30-12-2016 08:15 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 07:41 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Since I would not trust Putin if he said 2+2=4 I am wondering just what his tactic is.

Could be playing the innocent, or have something nasty cooking in the oven.

This is just another act in the horror opera of intrigue that is politics and diplomacy. I am also sure that the US and Europe have fingers in as many Russian pies as they can get awsy with. It was a case of the elections bring a good time to act all affronted.

Putin's "success" in getting a "deal" in Syria might be seen by many as good work, gaining him Brownie points. He has to get Iran to take their fingers out of that pie though, send the Hezbollah back home. Also find a consensus yo deal with Daesh.

If the US-Iran dialogue survives Trump (and a lot of his rich buddies will want it to, big market potential) there is going to be some interesting moves - balls in the air being juggled by all!

He needs Trump to lift the trade sanctions. He's going to play the innocent sweet guy.

I do still think that there is a lot more to Trump and Putin than meets the eye. A lot more.

The way Trump kisses Putin ass at every opportunity tells me there's something up - either Putin is blackmailing him or there there a big financial benefit for Trump.

It will get interesting when Putin gets aggressive with the Ukraine after Trump is President.
01-01-2017, 09:02 PM
(01-01-2017 05:24 PM)Dom Wrote:  Trump said Saturday that he knows things that we don't know about hacking. He says someone else might have done it.

He may be right. The Feds have not provided the public any real evidence at all, so there is no way to know what is true here. And, the CIA has a long history of making shit up and selling it to the American public and its leadership.

Who knows, at this point. But, it's certainly an auspicious start to a new administration.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
01-01-2017, 09:28 PM
(29-12-2016 10:26 PM)Aractus Wrote:  They (the CIA) don't know shit.

Please cite the source of this information.

Thanks.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.