Uber, Lyft scrap mandatory arbitration for sexual assault claims

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2018, 04:37 PM
Uber, Lyft scrap mandatory arbitration for sexual assault claims
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-uber-...SKCN1IG1I2

Quote:Ride-hailing companies Uber Technologies Inc [UBER.UL] and Lyft Inc scrapped mandatory arbitration to settle sexual harassment or assault claims, giving victims several options to pursue their claims including public lawsuits.

Quote:They can now settle claims through mediation, where they can choose confidentiality; in arbitration, where they can choose to maintain their privacy while pursuing their case; or in court, Uber said in a blog post. We commit to publishing a safety transparency report that will include data on sexual assaults and other incidents that occur on the Uber platform," Uber's chief legal officer, Tony West, wrote in the blog here

It is quite amazing to me that in the current political climate the me-too movement continues to succeed in alerting the public about sexual misconduct.

These things have been going on for centuries and abusers have never been outed. Repeat offenders have been getting away with it because of the stigma attached to a raped woman, and the legal nightmare that unfolds when the woman tries to stand up for herself.

My hat off to today's young women. It takes guts to speak out about this.

[Image: hats_off.png]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post