Uber, cool?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2015, 01:13 AM
Question Uber, cool?
Im thinking of signing up as a driver for weekdays. Any advice or opinions? Ive never used it, will prob do a trial run and maybe start this spring. I want to work part time in another job and my day time job is too many hours with no flexible schedule to allow anything else (in a dead end career). Uber seems fun if it's at least safe. Safety and a decent (not really looking for excessive) amount of money. Im aware that I will not have benefits, will have overhead costs like fuel and have taxes to come off as Ill be contracted and not employed. Looking for outside the box information and opinions. Shy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: Uber, cool?
(30-12-2015 01:13 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Im thinking of signing up as a driver for weekdays. Any advice or opinions? Ive never used it, will prob do a trial run and maybe start this spring. I want to work part time in another job and my day time job is too many hours with no flexible schedule to allow anything else (in a dead end career). Uber seems fun if it's at least safe. Safety and a decent (not really looking for excessive) amount of money. Im aware that I will not have benefits, will have overhead costs like fuel and have taxes to come off as Ill be contracted and not employed. Looking for outside the box information and opinions. Shy

What sort of driver? Taxi, formula 1?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-12-2015, 01:28 AM
Uber is a service that matches drivers with paying passengers, and collects the money.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
30-12-2015, 01:34 AM
(30-12-2015 01:28 AM)skyking Wrote:  Uber is a service that matches drivers with paying passengers, and collects the money.

Oh I see. Go for it! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Depends on how many drivers verses users they have.

I did read somewhere in some areas they're are too many drivers for the demand.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-12-2015, 11:42 AM
(30-12-2015 01:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 01:13 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Im thinking of signing up as a driver for weekdays. Any advice or opinions? Ive never used it, will prob do a trial run and maybe start this spring. I want to work part time in another job and my day time job is too many hours with no flexible schedule to allow anything else (in a dead end career). Uber seems fun if it's at least safe. Safety and a decent (not really looking for excessive) amount of money. Im aware that I will not have benefits, will have overhead costs like fuel and have taxes to come off as Ill be contracted and not employed. Looking for outside the box information and opinions. Shy

What sort of driver? Taxi, formula 1?

I would love the invention of an app to make me a formula 1 driver and then also get paid. Ha ha! Laugh out load
30-12-2015, 11:43 AM
I think I would just be careful of the safety aspect. How do they screen passengers?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
30-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Boom! your car is a fomula 1 car, and there is a huge crew with barricades at your beck and call. "I think I'll go to the mall down 4th" WSSHT! traffic cleared and barricades in place. Screaming fans are extra.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
30-12-2015, 11:46 AM
(30-12-2015 02:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Depends on how many drivers verses users they have.

I did read somewhere in some areas they're are too many drivers for the demand.

Yeah. I am just learning the app and took a peak around. Some areas have so many in my city and some not at all, esp in the out lying towns (10 mins from the city).

I'm curious what passengers are like. I like that there is a rating system for both (the drivers and passengers can rate each other).

I love driving and conversing with randoms, but I don't know about the safety. It'd be fun to have regular customers, I heard that's a thing too. Unless they become creepy stalkers. Wouldn't want conversations to give too much personal info away, even if ppl seem friendly. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
30-12-2015, 11:50 AM
(30-12-2015 11:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think I would just be careful of the safety aspect. How do they screen passengers?

I think just the rating system, and the passenger has to submit their destination ahead of time. So if the car is going off the map route then red flags of some kind are raised. Im not sure exactly what happens though. I'd have to research that more.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post