Uber is Evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Uber is Evil
Here are a few reasons I'll probably never use Uber:

1) Their executives basically threaten to blackmail bloggers who say bad things about them.

2) "They don't give a damn about the informational or physical well being of their users."

3) They charge extra for assault free rides.

Hooray for the free market... Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2014, 06:39 PM
RE: Uber is Evil
wtf is Uber?

[Image: oscar.png]
19-11-2014, 06:42 PM
(19-11-2014 05:13 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Here are a few reasons I'll probably never use Uber:

1) Their executives basically threaten to blackmail bloggers who say bad things about them.

2) "They don't give a damn about the informational or physical well being of their users."

3) They charge extra for assault free rides.

Hooray for the free market... Dodgy

See, your problem is that you don't pop it you drop it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
19-11-2014, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2014 08:26 PM by Can_of_Beans.)
(19-11-2014 06:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  wtf is Uber?

It's a taxi alternative.

Normal people with cars sign up to be drivers (aka "fancy gypsy cabs run by unlicensed drivers"). Users install the Uber app on their phone and request pickups. It's cheap and easy!

But...if you're a woman and your driver kidnaps you for a couple hours and takes you to a dark, empty parking lot the most you'll get from corporate is an apology for the driver taking an "inefficient route."

The background checks have also been a little shoddy so there's a chance you could get assaulted by a convicted felon who slipped through the cracks.

I'm sure all that changed earlier this year when they added an extra "safe rides fee." Although that kind of seems like an admission that the rides weren't really safe before. Facepalm

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson