Ubisoft locks Assassins Creed Unity graphics because XBO sucks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Ubisoft locks Assassins Creed Unity graphics because XBO sucks.
So Assassins Creed Unity has been locked to 900p 30fps on both consoles for parity because XBOne couldn't manage 30fps @ 1080p.

To "avoid all the debates and stuff." (Legitimate quote)

Facepalm

[Image: igDCENU.jpg]

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/10/06/a...and-stuff/

I wonder if they'll also lock the PC release to 900p because XBO fans need time for the anal tearing to heal.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
07-10-2014, 09:49 AM
RE: Ubisoft locks Assassins Creed Unity graphics because XBO sucks.
(07-10-2014 09:42 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  So Assassins Creed Unity has been locked to 900p 30fps on both consoles for parity because XBOne couldn't manage 30fps @ 1080p.

Facepalm

I wonder if they'll also lock the PC release to 900p because XBO fans need time for the anal tearing to heal.

Sorry, microtransactions, not buying it anyway 'cause to that.

But it's always sad to see that Microsoft spent way too much money on useless shit to shove into their turkey console, and because of that can't really do anything with it.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
07-10-2014, 09:51 AM
It's Assassin's Creed though... who cares, the game sucks.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-10-2014, 09:51 AM
(07-10-2014 09:49 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:42 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  So Assassins Creed Unity has been locked to 900p 30fps on both consoles for parity because XBOne couldn't manage 30fps @ 1080p.

Facepalm

Sorry, microtransactions, not buying it anyway 'cause to that.

But it's always sad to see that Microsoft spent way too much money on useless shit to shove into their turkey console, and because of that can't really do anything with it.

I wasn't buying it anyway, but this kinda shit is fucked up.
07-10-2014, 09:57 AM
(07-10-2014 09:51 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:49 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Sorry, microtransactions, not buying it anyway 'cause to that.

I wasn't buying it anyway, but this kinda shit is fucked up.

Yeah. "To avoid debates". Jeeze Ubisoft, this is just gonna cause the worst of the Sony fanboys to think that you took bribes from Microsoft.

And the second reason for me not buying it is the same as Muffs; AC3 wasn't what it could be, and what came after was even less so. So I said goodbye to the series in 2012.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
07-10-2014, 10:02 AM
This would be much worse if it were a good game though... That's why they can't be allowed to do this. Next thing you know, GTA6 or something will be gimped to keep parity.
07-10-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm pretty sure its because MS has advert rights this time around. So if they advertise XBO and Unity, it would look bad having the ps4 version as obviously superior.
07-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Because they were already caught with Watchdogs, they probably won't lock the PC graphics as they did in that game... but it is resolvable but just altering some locked coding even if they do the same thing.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-10-2014, 10:11 AM

Facepalm

To avoid debates, huh?

Did they ever get around to adding females to the game?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Assassins Creed has gotten pretty shit anyway. And Xbox is shit anyway. Seems like the perfect gaming couple.

I'll stick to my PS4 and games where the makers haven't decided to commit to releasing a clearly substandard product annually, and stretching what was a good story thinner and thinner to the point that it's retarded, just to boost profits.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.