Ubisoft locks Assassins Creed Unity graphics because XBO sucks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: Ubisoft locks Assassins Creed Unity graphics because XBO sucks.
(07-10-2014 11:17 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Assassins Creed has gotten pretty shit anyway. And Xbox is shit anyway. Seems like the perfect gaming couple.

I'll stick to my PS4 and games where the makers haven't decided to commit to releasing a clearly substandard product annually, and stretching what was a good story thinner and thinner to the point that it's retarded, just to boost profits.

I think you just described the entire gaming industry.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-10-2014, 12:07 PM
(07-10-2014 11:36 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 11:17 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Assassins Creed has gotten pretty shit anyway. And Xbox is shit anyway. Seems like the perfect gaming couple.

I'll stick to my PS4 and games where the makers haven't decided to commit to releasing a clearly substandard product annually, and stretching what was a good story thinner and thinner to the point that it's retarded, just to boost profits.

I think you just described the entire gaming industry.

The Last of Us was amazing... So there IS hope (though im skeptical of the Uncharted future)

I would agree that the largest producers are turning out absolute garbage most of the time. Some have good things going for them, like WB and the batman games, and the recent success with Shadow of Mordor. I doubt I'll ever buy anything from EA again...
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
07-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Can't wait to get a PS4, really hoping there will be a great KH3 of FFXV bundle. But I doubt it...since I've never seen anything like that release in America.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
07-10-2014, 02:24 PM
(07-10-2014 01:40 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Can't wait to get a PS4, really hoping there will be a great KH3 of FFXV bundle. But I doubt it...since I've never seen anything like that release in America.

FF 15 is probably the first FF game I'll get since 9. I actually liked the more realistic ff8 characters, and while 9 was great, I hated the cartoony look.
07-10-2014, 04:31 PM
(07-10-2014 11:36 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I think you just described the entire gaming industry.

Not to the extent that Ubisoft has fucked up Assassins Creed.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-10-2014, 05:22 PM
(07-10-2014 10:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:42 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  So Assassins Creed Unity has been locked to 900p 30fps on both consoles for parity because XBOne couldn't manage 30fps @ 1080p.

To "avoid all the debates and stuff." (Legitimate quote)

Facepalm

[Image: igDCENU.jpg]

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/10/06/a...and-stuff/

I wonder if they'll also lock the PC release to 900p because XBO fans need time for the anal tearing to heal.

To avoid debates, huh?

Did they ever get around to adding females to the game?

Of course they have, you just can't see them because they're all in the kitchens (and you can't enter buildings).

Quote:Not to the extent that Ubisoft has fucked up Assassins Creed.

It was fucked up to begin with.
The combat is horrid and consist of nothing but defend defend defend defend counterattack defend defend defend etc.. It's an assassination game without stealth... The story is god awful. There are pointless moments where you control the main character in todays time and you have a very long loading screen just to be put into the main character, control him to move over to the mind reading machine thingy just to get another long loading screen!! wtf! The open world gets tedious after awhile. It's repetitive as all hell. Go to point B, follow target in an awkward attempt at stealth, get into a sword fight with the entire cities guard and kill the main target in said sword fight.

The concept is ok but it's just executed so poorly and has since day 1.
It needs to be more like dishonored or splinter cell. It needs to be linear (but still have that open element), it needs to be focused primarily on stealth (being an "assassin" game afterall) and you shouldn't be able to just run around with your sword and counterstrike everything to death. OH and the story needs to be a lot better.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
10-10-2014, 12:54 PM
(07-10-2014 09:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's Assassin's Creed though... who cares, the game sucks.

yeah, I played the first one, got tired of it in a week and never played another one again.

Just like Call of Duty and Halo and God of war.

Gears of war I played for a half an hour, It was going to be the greatest game in history with its Chainsaw gun and I was so let down, I took it back for my money.

Games get harder to please me each year.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
10-10-2014, 03:15 PM
(10-10-2014 12:54 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's Assassin's Creed though... who cares, the game sucks.

yeah, I played the first one, got tired of it in a week and never played another one again.

Gears of war I played for a half an hour, It was going to be the greatest game in history with its Chainsaw gun and I was so let down, I took it back for my money.

Dude, the first one was a piece of shit. Like really. It was the success of Assassins Creed II that got the series anywhere, 'cause the second one is actually really good. It was from there less and less effort was put into making the games, and why I don't care about the new ones. I HIGHLY advice you to try both AC II and AC Brotherhood. Just don't play anything after that, and don't even bother to give a fuck about the Desmond storyline; it leads absolutely nowhere, take my word for it.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
10-10-2014, 03:53 PM
(10-10-2014 03:15 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 12:54 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  yeah, I played the first one, got tired of it in a week and never played another one again.

Dude, the first one was a piece of shit. Like really. It was the success of Assassins Creed II that got the series anywhere, 'cause the second one is actually really good. It was from there less and less effort was put into making the games, and why I don't care about the new ones. I HIGHLY advice you to try both AC II and AC Brotherhood. Just don't play anything after that, and don't even bother to give a fuck about the Desmond storyline; it leads absolutely nowhere, take my word for it.

AC2 showed the most potential for the series... They could have done great things after that set up. Instead, it turned into garbage because they were afraid to innovate and conclude.

I wasn't a fan of Gears either. And right now I'm going to contact Sony to get a refund for DriveClub. It looks great, plays great... But its so generic and lacks any incentive to play.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-10-2014, 01:17 AM
I won't buy an Ubisoft game if it's more than $5, as that's all their shit-optimized mess of a PC port is worth at most.

I don't buy EA or Activision games, with some exceptions (Bioware and Blizzard).

I would however take one for the team and give Todd Howard (Game Director and Executive Producer at Bethesda Game Studios) the blowjob of his life, if it guaranteed a stable and PC optimized release of FALLOUT 4 for next holiday season.

Just sayin'... Unsure

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]