Ugandan MPs drop demand for execution of homosexuals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2011, 06:53 PM

Exclamation Ugandan MPs drop demand for execution of homosexuals
[Image: 9.gif]The Independent (Africa)
By Simon Akam
Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Proponents of anti-gay legislation being introduced in Uganda look set to lose the battle to introduce the death sentence for what they describe as "aggravated homosexuality". (Full Article)

What do you think the odds are that somewhere in America there's a Fundy group that would read this and say, good idea! Rolleyes
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2011, 10:15 PM
RE: Ugandan MPs drop demand for execution of homosexuals
I'm glad it didn't get voted in. We don't need anymore bullshit discriminatory legislation anywhere in the world. And yes, I am surprised there wasn't anyone in the bible belt totally supporting this.

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2011, 12:09 PM
After I posted a link on my Facebook wall to a petition to the Uganda authorities, my dad commented on it in a very passive-aggressive manner, saying that now I "kind of get what it's like in the dozens of atheistic and Islamic countries where TRUE Christians are imprisoned for life or killed". Instead of falling into the passive-aggression trap and listing out all the countries (including the above Uganda with its over 80% Christian population) where gays are persecuted far worse and in much greater numbers, I agreed that it was a tragedy that anyone, including the Christians, would get killed or harmed or harassed for the beliefs or lack of beliefs or attraction or gender identity. I guess he didn't expect me to not fall for it because he hasn't replied. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
12-05-2011, 01:59 PM
(12-05-2011 12:09 PM)ebilekittae Wrote:  After I posted a link on my Facebook wall to a petition to the Uganda authorities, my dad commented on it in a very passive-aggressive manner, saying that now I "kind of get what it's like in the dozens of atheistic and Islamic countries where TRUE Christians are imprisoned for life or killed". Instead of falling into the passive-aggression trap and listing out all the countries (including the above Uganda with its over 80% Christian population) where gays are persecuted far worse and in much greater numbers, I agreed that it was a tragedy that anyone, including the Christians, would get killed or harmed or harassed for the beliefs or lack of beliefs or attraction or gender identity. I guess he didn't expect me to not fall for it because he hasn't replied. Tongue

It is a tragedy. You and your dad agree because you're both right. No one should ever be killed or harmed or harassed for any belief, held by them or by others. If I draw the prophet Mohammed peeing on the Quran, Muslims shouldn't get a bug up their ass and try to find and kill me. Beliefs just aren't that important. As for attraction, that's given. I like gay people for the same reason I like vegetarians. Less direct competition.

I am not comparing women to meat. Just professing a deep love of both.

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
12-05-2011, 02:21 PM
(12-05-2011 01:59 PM)Bezo Wrote:  I am not comparing women to meat. Just professing a deep love of both.

I suppose you really like steak&blowjob day then? Tongue

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
12-05-2011, 02:33 PM
(12-05-2011 02:21 PM)Thammuz Wrote:  
(12-05-2011 01:59 PM)Bezo Wrote:  I am not comparing women to meat. Just professing a deep love of both.

I suppose you really like steak&blowjob day then? Tongue

I had no idea that was even a thing! And I missed it! Oh well, I can have a steak anytime I want*.

As for the other thing, well, let's just say I'm married.

*Incidentally, I kinda want one now.