Ugh... facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2011, 09:35 PM
RE: Ugh... facebook
So excited for Google+
I don't plan on ending my uses of Facebook but I'll certainly be using + as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2011, 09:43 PM
If she doesn't like what you're posting, then direct her to the little red X on the top right of her screen.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
29-06-2011, 10:45 PM

Well, in the words of Richard Dawkings "We Need to stop being so damn polite"

If people are offended, why care? But thats just me

I think a good suggestion would be to tell her that you have your own ideals, your own beliefs and that religion "opresses" a lot more than you are doing. You may trigger a religious argument, like I did with my Jahova's Witness Grandma Tongue.
Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2011, 11:33 PM
(29-06-2011 09:35 PM)Mindprowler Wrote:  So excited for Google+
I don't plan on ending my uses of Facebook but I'll certainly be using + as well.

I just got an invite for someone for Google+, it's just soooo much more streamlined than Facebook. I love the way they handled the photo albums. There's also a lot of control on exactly who you want to show certain posts, though I probably won't use it much as of right now, but it's there if I want it.

"Science is interesting, if you don't agree, you can fuck off."
Go to my youtube channel and subscribe please!
30-06-2011, 12:44 AM
(29-06-2011 10:45 PM)Arkamond Wrote:  Well, in the words of Richard Dawkings "We Need to stop being so damn polite"

Dr. Richard Dawkings is
brilliant biologist,
esteemed scientist,
icon and roll model for the pursuit of facts and knowledge.
and i would be very proud and honored to meet this man in person.

indeed, i have been following his career for over a decade now. a true visionary within his field. however,

he isn't an anthropologist,
he isn't an ethnographer,
he isn't a historian,
he isn't a physiologist,
he isn't a sociologist,
he isn't a political scientist,

and he isn't invited to my bbq because he would make my mum cry.

being one raised within a christian culture, how DARE i disrespect, much less attack, my beloved family and my dear and true friends!
what a wretched, and lonely, life i would lead if i dismissed the entirety of a person who desired and/or would benefit themselves from my leading a successful life JUST because of some differences in worldview. how narrow would my scope of the world be if i denied myself the stories of the triumphs and troubles of those older than myself? just thinking about how many individual days people 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, even 70 years older than myself, have seen and lived thru causes, within me, respect. why would i inflict the VAST pain of real/regular life upon myself when there ARE those that WANT to help?

i use the words of & within their worldview to help bridge communication barriers to enable them to impart the help they wish to bestow. how vain, self-centered, narcissistic, arrogant, bone-beaded, and just plain stupid would i be if i thought i were more than... (in the words of Tim Minchin in Storm)
"I am a tiny, insignificant, ignorant lump of carbon.
I have one life, and it is short
And unimportant…"

...and, as this has turned into somewhat of a 'confession', i'll go ahead and end with this:

"Fuck I love boobs though, I just really love them
Fuck I love boobs though, I just wanna rub them
They're just so jooby, they make me feel groovy
I would rather watch boobs than a movie
Be doop be doo. I just really like boobs."

be well.
30-06-2011, 06:01 AM

I was unfriended by my Grandmother for posting "Happy zombie chocolate Jesus day!" on Easter one time along with the accompanying message "I hope you're ready for some major heat!"

Never had any other issues.
30-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I never post anything that is blatant Atheism... I usually post uncomfortable bible versus that make people "think".....

"Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.”"

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles
30-06-2011, 10:48 AM
(29-06-2011 11:33 PM)Paleo Wrote:  I just got an invite for someone for Google+, it's just soooo much more streamlined than Facebook. I love the way they handled the photo albums. There's also a lot of control on exactly who you want to show certain posts, though I probably won't use it much as of right now, but it's there if I want it.
Lucky, I've been waiting for an invite for a couple of days now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
30-06-2011, 10:55 AM
(30-06-2011 12:44 AM)LarryT Wrote:  
(29-06-2011 10:45 PM)Arkamond Wrote:  Well, in the words of Richard Dawkings "We Need to stop being so damn polite"

Dr. Richard Dawkings is
brilliant biologist,
esteemed scientist,
icon and roll model for the pursuit of facts and knowledge.
and i would be very proud and honored to meet this man in person.

indeed, i have been following his career for over a decade now. a true visionary within his field. however,

he isn't an anthropologist,
he isn't an ethnographer,
he isn't a historian,
he isn't a physiologist,
he isn't a sociologist,
he isn't a political scientist,

and he isn't invited to my bbq because he would make my mum cry.

being one raised within a christian culture, how DARE i disrespect, much less attack, my beloved family and my dear and true friends!
what a wretched, and lonely, life i would lead if i dismissed the entirety of a person who desired and/or would benefit themselves from my leading a successful life JUST because of some differences in worldview. how narrow would my scope of the world be if i denied myself the stories of the triumphs and troubles of those older than myself? just thinking about how many individual days people 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, even 70 years older than myself, have seen and lived thru causes, within me, respect. why would i inflict the VAST pain of real/regular life upon myself when there ARE those that WANT to help?

i use the words of & within their worldview to help bridge communication barriers to enable them to impart the help they wish to bestow. how vain, self-centered, narcissistic, arrogant, bone-beaded, and just plain stupid would i be if i thought i were more than... (in the words of Tim Minchin in Storm)
"I am a tiny, insignificant, ignorant lump of carbon.
I have one life, and it is short
And unimportant…"

...and, as this has turned into somewhat of a 'confession', i'll go ahead and end with this:

"Fuck I love boobs though, I just really love them
Fuck I love boobs though, I just wanna rub them
They're just so jooby, they make me feel groovy
I would rather watch boobs than a movie
Be doop be doo. I just really like boobs."

be well.

I'm really not sure where you are going with this... we shouldn't state our opinions to our family members because they might "cry"?

I think people, all people, need to a thin line between honesty and ass hole-ness.

I think I will continue posting things that I believe will make people think. Out of politeness to my sensitive, ill, or elderly family members I will hide the more "thought provoking" and "Tell it like it is posts"... simply because I love them and I don't want to hurt their feelings.

Everyone else is directed to the defriend user link if they find my stuff offensive... this world is full of opinions, it's time they started getting used to them.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes monkeyshine89's post
30-06-2011, 03:26 PM

I have some religious friends in my facebook... the most fanatics muslims of course, but you know something??? at first i didn't want to post anything because i thought i was being irrespectful... But if you go to the walls of the religious people you can see lots of videos posted.. so why we can't post something we feel comfortable with???...To post something in your wall is not irrespectful because if someone doesn't like it... should respect your thoughts... I can find many posts in the wall of my religious friends as "message to an atheist", "10 questions that an atheist avoids to answer", But the worst part is when they want to convert you and post in your wall some religious stuff... It can be annoying, for sure, anyway i don't reply. Do they think that i can be upset for their post???... As long as you post in a respectful way nobody has to feel uncomfortable and you are not hurting feelings.. it's just what you think...and you shouldn't be silent...