Ugly ducklings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 05:28 AM
Ugly ducklings
I guess this might be of interest to those here who have mentioned their struggles with self-esteem and body image.

Thought to be his earliest work (probably while he was still at school) and it definitely doesn't hold a candle (tallow or otherwise) to his later works, but you can definitely see a pattern starting to emerge...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2012, 01:58 PM
RE: Ugly ducklings
(13-12-2012 05:28 AM)Vera Wrote:  I guess this might be of interest to those here who have mentioned their struggles with self-esteem and body image.

Thought to be his earliest work (probably while he was still at school) and it definitely doesn't hold a candle (tallow or otherwise) to his later works, but you can definitely see a pattern starting to emerge...

Cute!

I thought this was going to be about the old Renault we used to call ugly duckling...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-12-2012, 02:04 PM
This inscription caught my eye:

Quote:A dedication thought to have been written on the copy later in blue ink reads:
"To P Plum from his friend Bunkeflod."
Apparently Andersen was a fan of the game Clue. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
13-12-2012, 02:05 PM
(13-12-2012 01:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 05:28 AM)Vera Wrote:  I guess this might be of interest to those here who have mentioned their struggles with self-esteem and body image.

Cute!

I thought this was going to be about the old Renault we used to call ugly duckling...
Hehe, I actually thought it might be a bit vague after I posted it, but figured anyone who might be interested, would realise it was about Andersen (didn't even know a car was called thusSmile)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."