Uh... Hi!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2016, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2016 10:12 PM by Noric.)
Uh... Hi!
Im not sure why, but I'm a bit apprehensive typing this out... Eh, irrelevant... This forum is very well put together and I really like the community building things put in there early for new members, I like seeing that in forums (speaking as an admin of another site myself)... Also irrelevant... Anyways.

Um, I'm not sure how to start, I'll post more details about myself as need be, possibly in other predefined threads, but I'm fairly anxious and excited to see what it's like here! I guess a big thing to point out is that I loosely identify as a theist, aligning with some values from it, but there are just some things I don't like talking to other theists about, which is why I'm here. I might not be that active (or I might, who knows), and I swear I'm not here just to drop controversy nuggets, but I have curiosities and questions that I feel like I can ask here and get some engaging conversation. I browsed a few threads before making my account, and you guys seems cool! So hiya!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Noric's post
04-01-2016, 09:31 PM
RE: Uh... Hi!
Hi, welcome. Smile
04-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Welcome!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Welcome!
04-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Welcome, vague, yet intrepid internet traveler Smile

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
04-01-2016, 11:07 PM
Welcome. Perhaps you could tell us more about your beliefs? I'm curious about what brand of theology you loosely follow, and why you believe only partially in that doctrine.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
05-01-2016, 12:36 AM
Hello! Big Grin

We don't bite....

... Well.. maybe a nibble...

Blush
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
05-01-2016, 01:29 AM
You should be right at home. Lots of loose people here. Confused

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-01-2016, 02:42 AM
Please post something about gawd.

I need the exercise.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2016, 06:03 AM
(04-01-2016 11:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Welcome. Perhaps you could tell us more about your beliefs? I'm curious about what brand of theology you loosely follow, and why you believe only partially in that doctrine.

I'd like to believe there's an architect to the first bit of the universe up until life successfully kickstarted. After that, I think a lot more was left up to us than we think. I align with some Christian moral codes, the basic overarching ones... I.e. Don't be an idiot, lead a responsible life, be kind to others, etc. I simplify it a lot, and that may lend itself to "picking and choosing" what I want to believe about it, and those same codes don't have to come from Christianity or any religion for that matter, but I've been in less than desirable situations with moral absolutists using religion as a crutch and wall against reason. "I'm doing this to you because GAWD told me to" and such...

So I can't jive with that other shit.

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.
[+] 1 user Likes Noric's post