Uh... Hi!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2016, 06:06 AM
RE: Uh... Hi!
Howdy!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2016, 07:15 AM
(05-01-2016 06:03 AM)Noric Wrote:  After that, I think a lot more was left up to us than we think. I align with some Christian moral codes, the basic overarching ones... I.e. Don't be an idiot, lead a responsible life, be kind to others, etc.

What you're describing here is Secular Humanism, in a nutshell.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
05-01-2016, 07:23 AM
(05-01-2016 12:36 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello! Big Grin

We don't bite....

... Well.. maybe a nibble...

Blush

Lies Lies Lies! Nobody bites better!
05-01-2016, 07:53 AM
(05-01-2016 07:15 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  What you're describing here is Secular Humanism, in a nutshell.

Yeah that's why I said those rules don't necessarily have to come from anywhere, my theism stops at the beginning, as it were. Everything else is just too complicated.

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.
[+] 1 user Likes Noric's post
05-01-2016, 08:06 AM
Feel free to start a thread on it. Here you just get a lot of welcomes, it's the intro thread. Maybe the "ask an atheist" section would be good.

And - welcome. Looking forward to hearing more. Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-01-2016, 10:33 AM
Uh... Sup? Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-01-2016, 11:14 AM
When did the intro section become somewhere we can't discuss someone's beliefs? I would think that discussion about a specific persons specific beliefs belongs as much in that persons intro than anywhere.

I'm not pointing fingers, but this attitude that the intro section is somehow protected has evolved over the last year, and it just doesn't make sense to me. It's my opinion that this thread is the most logical place to find out about the OPs beliefs. It is, after all, supposed to be a thread ABOUT Noric.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
05-01-2016, 11:20 AM
(05-01-2016 11:14 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  When did the intro section become somewhere we can't discuss someone's beliefs? I would think that discussion about a specific persons specific beliefs belongs as much in that persons intro than anywhere.

I'm not pointing fingers, but this attitude that the intro section is somehow protected has evolved over the last year, and it just doesn't make sense to me. It's my opinion that this thread is the most logical place to find out about the OPs beliefs. It is, after all, supposed to be a thread ABOUT Noric.

SORRY! Damn, tried to read the rules and browse some threads beforehand, but what are you gonna do. I'd edit if it wouldn't throw the replies out of context. I'm already discussing things like this in the appropriate sections/threads.

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.
05-01-2016, 01:22 PM
(05-01-2016 11:14 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  When did the intro section become somewhere we can't discuss someone's beliefs? I would think that discussion about a specific persons specific beliefs belongs as much in that persons intro than anywhere.

Because the Nice Faction decided it's not very nice to jump on people the second they say hello. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-01-2016, 01:42 PM
I think that no attacks are a nice thing for an introduction...but I don't see questions as attacks.

A long string of welcome, hi, etc. is kind of boring.

But we peons were recently told that only welcome is allowed in the intro section...and for some reason, we obeyed for a change. Wink

Anywho....welcome again new guy! Glad you are here and would like to get to know you better. You have done absolutely nothing wrong. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF