Uh... Hi!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2016, 01:52 PM
RE: Uh... Hi!
People used to make a post in intro, get attacked and never come back. We have much better retention since the intro thread is free of attacks.

This way newbies have a chance to actually see what's up at TTA and then decide to stay or leave.

If you walk into a room and say hi, and a guy comes up to you and slaps your face, do you come in or do you leave? I know I'd leave, I may be curious but I am not a masochist.

That's why the intro thread is this way, the new person can talk about themselves and let us get to know them before someone slaps them in the face. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2016, 01:53 PM
(05-01-2016 11:20 AM)Noric Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 11:14 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  When did the intro section become somewhere we can't discuss someone's beliefs? I would think that discussion about a specific persons specific beliefs belongs as much in that persons intro than anywhere.

I'm not pointing fingers, but this attitude that the intro section is somehow protected has evolved over the last year, and it just doesn't make sense to me. It's my opinion that this thread is the most logical place to find out about the OPs beliefs. It is, after all, supposed to be a thread ABOUT Noric.

SORRY! Damn, tried to read the rules and browse some threads beforehand, but what are you gonna do. I'd edit if it wouldn't throw the replies out of context. I'm already discussing things like this in the appropriate sections/threads.

No no. You misunderstand. I'm not giving you shit, I'm just suggesting to other members that this IS the appropriate place to ask details about you and your beliefs. Don't worry dude, you're doing fine! Thumbsup

The fact is, there are very few protected sections on this forum. Sure, it's good to keep things relatively on topic, and sure, it's good to avoid jumping on someone in their first thread. But suggestions and rules are different. Personally, I prefer we make neither if they are going to impede discussion.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
05-01-2016, 01:55 PM
(05-01-2016 01:53 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 11:20 AM)Noric Wrote:  SORRY! Damn, tried to read the rules and browse some threads beforehand, but what are you gonna do. I'd edit if it wouldn't throw the replies out of context. I'm already discussing things like this in the appropriate sections/threads.

No no. You misunderstand. I'm not giving you shit, I'm just suggesting to other members that this IS the appropriate place to ask details about you and your beliefs. Don't worry dude, you're doing fine! Thumbsup

The fact is, there are very few protected sections on this forum. Sure, it's good to keep things relatively on topic, and sure, it's good to avoid jumping on someone in their first thread. But suggestions and rules are different. Personally, I prefer we make neither if they are going to impede discussion.

Simultaneous posting - please see my post above.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-01-2016, 01:55 PM
The snipples welcome you.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
05-01-2016, 01:59 PM
(05-01-2016 01:53 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 11:20 AM)Noric Wrote:  SORRY! Damn, tried to read the rules and browse some threads beforehand, but what are you gonna do. I'd edit if it wouldn't throw the replies out of context. I'm already discussing things like this in the appropriate sections/threads.

Stark, you have no power over the Niceness. Stop trying. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-01-2016, 02:06 PM
(05-01-2016 01:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 01:53 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  No no. You misunderstand. I'm not giving you shit, I'm just suggesting to other members that this IS the appropriate place to ask details about you and your beliefs. Don't worry dude, you're doing fine! Thumbsup

Simultaneous posting - please see my post above.

I saw your post. I fear we have a misunderstanding about "how it is" in the intro section.

Your suggestions are good ones, and I support them wholeheartedly. I also suggest that people don't jump on new members and attack them in their intro. But that doesn't make it law. It's not the way it is, it's the way many people would like it to be. (and the community has supported this, and we've had a quiet intro section thanks to members, not rules)

To be 100% clear: There are no rules dictating conduct in the intro thread. As usual, although "freedom of speech" is not an absolute here, it is something TTA strives to put forward as a high priority. If you have delicate feels, we have the personal issues section, as well as a few others that have more restrictive rules. Otherwise, lets keep the rules to a minimum.

Thumbsup

05-01-2016, 02:08 PM
(05-01-2016 01:59 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 01:53 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  No no. You misunderstand. I'm not giving you shit, I'm just suggesting to other members that this IS the appropriate place to ask details about you and your beliefs. Don't worry dude, you're doing fine! Thumbsup

Stark, you have no power over the Niceness. Stop trying. Drinking Beverage

Fuckin Niceness. It's such a pebble in my shoe. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
05-01-2016, 02:10 PM
(05-01-2016 02:08 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 01:59 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Stark, you have no power over the Niceness. Stop trying. Drinking Beverage

Fuckin Niceness. It's such a pebble in my shoe. Dodgy

I know. It's been the bane of my existence for years. Censored

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
05-01-2016, 02:12 PM
(05-01-2016 02:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 01:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  Simultaneous posting - please see my post above.

I saw your post. I fear we have a misunderstanding about "how it is" in the intro section.

Your suggestions are good ones, and I support them wholeheartedly. I also suggest that people don't jump on new members and attack them in their intro. But that doesn't make it law. It's not the way it is, it's the way many people would like it to be. (and the community has supported this, and we've had a quiet intro section thanks to members, not rules)

To be 100% clear: There are no rules dictating conduct in the intro thread. As usual, although "freedom of speech" is not an absolute here, it is something TTA strives to put forward as a high priority. If you have delicate feels, we have the personal issues section, as well as a few others that have more restrictive rules. Otherwise, lets keep the rules to a minimum.

Thumbsup

Quote:Code of Conduct for the Introduction Section
This is a place for introductions and casual conversation. Trolling, flaming, insulting, condemning, proselytizing, trying to convert a person's beliefs (whether theist or atheist), or deliberately trying to start controversy in a person's introduction thread is prohibited. There are plenty of other places to do that on the forum. This is the warm and fuzzy part of the forum that is filled with rainbows and unicorns. We welcome people here. We don't try to run them off because you disagree and/or you're in a bad mood, slay your dragons elsewhere. So, smile and eat some cake! Welcome to TTA!

05-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Jesus. When did we add that nonsense??

I stand corrected.

Be nice everyone. I guess. Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post