Uh... Hi!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: Uh... Hi!
(05-01-2016 01:53 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(05-01-2016 11:20 AM)Noric Wrote:  SORRY! Damn, tried to read the rules and browse some threads beforehand, but what are you gonna do. I'd edit if it wouldn't throw the replies out of context. I'm already discussing things like this in the appropriate sections/threads.

No no. You misunderstand. I'm not giving you shit, I'm just suggesting to other members that this IS the appropriate place to ask details about you and your beliefs. Don't worry dude, you're doing fine! Thumbsup

The fact is, there are very few protected sections on this forum. Sure, it's good to keep things relatively on topic, and sure, it's good to avoid jumping on someone in their first thread. But suggestions and rules are different. Personally, I prefer we make neither if they are going to impede discussion.

Ah okay I understand now!

And thanks for the welcomes everyone Smile

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2016, 02:40 PM
You poor guy Noric! You're a good sport man, I like you already.

So it turns out it's MY mistake. The rules on the intro section are clear. I should have been better up to date on our rules. I tend to be anti-rule, which is why this place would fall apart without the amazing staff here to keep me in check. Wink

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
05-01-2016, 02:49 PM
(05-01-2016 02:40 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You poor guy Noric! You're a good sport man, I like you already.

So it turns out it's MY mistake. The rules on the intro section are clear. I should have been better up to date on our rules. I tend to be anti-rule, which is why this place would fall apart without the amazing staff here to keep me in check. Wink

This happened during your absence, and was implemented because most new members never made it past one post in intro due to ad hominems. We kind of wanted them to step in and partake in the rest of the forum before forming an opinion. It's worked well. There are more varied discussions in the forum now, more people make it out of the intro thread and stay.

Noric, sorry we had this discussion in your thread. As Stark said, you're a good sport. I hope to see you around the forum. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post