Ukraine Crisis-What you're not being told.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2014, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2014 11:47 AM by bemore.)
Ukraine Crisis-What you're not being told.
I am putting this thread here in this section as the video I am going to post is from a group called "Storm Clouds Gathering". Whilst they appear to do a lot of research into what they discuss, I no longer do any research in "conspiracy related matters" of my own so I cannot back up, nor give any contextual information related to this subject.

So if anybody watches the vid let me know what you think.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2014, 11:35 AM
RE: Ukraine Crisis-What your not being told.
*you're

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-03-2014, 11:49 AM
RE: Ukraine Crisis-What you're not being told.
(14-03-2014 11:35 AM)Vosur Wrote:  *you're

[Image: 0t82Piy.png]

Getting grammar bashed by Vosur when English is not his first language Blush

(Fixt)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
14-03-2014, 12:27 PM
tl;dr.

What's the line they're spouting? Is it Putin apologia? 'Cause I ain't got time for Putin apologia.

I mean, they don't know what I have been told.

... this is my signature!
14-03-2014, 12:41 PM
(14-03-2014 12:27 PM)cjlr Wrote:  tl;dr.

What's the line they're spouting? Is it Putin apologia? 'Cause I ain't got time for Putin apologia.

I mean, they don't know what I have been told.

It uses recently leaked phone conversation audio of the foreign minister of estonia and a woman from the US, who's position I cannot remember without watching the vid again, discuss potential evidence that certain people behind the intial protests in Kiev were the ones who used snipers to shoot protesters and police.

The rest is a liberal dash of rhetoric and conjecture that the US is behind the whole thing.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
14-03-2014, 12:57 PM
(14-03-2014 12:41 PM)bemore Wrote:  It uses recently leaked phone conversation audio of the foreign minister of estonia and a woman from the US, who's position I cannot remember without watching the vid again, discuss potential evidence that certain people behind the intial protests in Kiev were the ones who used snipers to shoot protesters and police.

Ah... As I recall that conversation is both very hard to place in time and context, and contains no actual evidence whatsoever.

Basically the one woman said "I think maybe there were possibly snipers involved, but can't say exactly where or when or who hired them".

In a situation where "hired sniper" and "crazy man with access to firearms" are very hard categories to distinguish.

From there, is it just JAQing off and rampant ungrounded speculation?

(14-03-2014 12:41 PM)bemore Wrote:  The rest is a liberal dash of rhetoric and conjecture that the US is behind the whole thing.

So, the usual predictable evidence-free freewheeling conspiratorial rhetoric?

I mean, certain American and European interests were absolutely opposed to Yanukovich or other Russian-leaning politics in Ukraine, but that's trivial and inevitable. Different geopolitical actors have different interests and act in accord with those interests.

The situation - and particularly the clusterfuck Russian response - have all the hallmarks of being under no one's control. What was basically an armed mob (up to and including actual neo-Nazis) toppled the old government in Kyiv; a very large component of the protestors were not specifically anti-Yanukovich but anti-establishment, politics in Ukraine being a daisy chain of kleptocratic oligarchs no matter which compass point they're leaning towards (plenty of the same people didn't care for Timoshenko and have no faith at all in Yatsenyuk).

And one of the first things the rump/mob parliament did was repeal the minority language rights laws, but the interim president was smart enough to veto that. But one of the other things they did was make noise about "renegotiating" the Russian lease on Sevastopol (originally to run out in 2017, extended to 2042).

And I can easily believe Putin, in classic "strong man surrounded by yes men" fashion, has lost touch with reality as others perceive it. But losing Sevastopol was obviously unacceptable, so the high command let loose the troops like it was 1956 all over again.

Well, but that's just my opinion.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
14-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Why would America, Europe and NATO want to start a war with Russia? Where is the motive?

Assuming war did break out between NATO and Russia... It could very easily escalate into a huge war, potentially on a scale comparable to the two World Wars. There's also the potential for nuclear exchange, which would make it the single biggest man made disaster in history.

There would be nothing to gain from such a conflict, and literally everything to lose.

Conspiracy theorists should really consider potential motives before coming out with this stuff... People either act with intent, or out of impulse. A conspiracy requires planning and care, which rules out impulse. So what's the final goal, and do the potential gains outweigh the risks/sacrifices?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user