Ukraine is one of the poorest countries in the world
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co...per_capita
Why? how do you think?
we stupid and uneducated?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2017, 04:52 AM
RE: Ukraine is one of the poorest countries in the world
(17-07-2017 03:40 AM)Interaktive Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co...per_capita
Why? how do you think?

You're just unlucky being too close to Russia.
17-07-2017, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2017 05:28 AM by Szuchow.)
Ukraine is hardly one of poorest countries in the world - International Monetary Fund rates it as 113/186 and World Bank give it place 107/175. One can't say that Ukraine is rich but saying that it is among poorest does not sit well with facts I would say.

As for why I imagine it being complex mix of socio-economic factors which can not be accurately described in simple post. Though one can suspect that history has something to do with it.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
17-07-2017, 05:20 AM
Poor countries are usually that way 'cos someone fucked them over. Although you guys are far from the poorest.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-07-2017, 05:40 AM
(17-07-2017 04:52 AM)Gaest Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 03:40 AM)Interaktive Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co...per_capita
Why? how do you think?

You're just unlucky being too close to Russia.

Yet, Finland seems to be doing OK.

Drinking Beverage

17-07-2017, 05:48 AM
(17-07-2017 05:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 04:52 AM)Gaest Wrote:  You're just unlucky being too close to Russia.

Yet, Finland seems to be doing OK.

Drinking Beverage

Not only thinking in geographical terms here Drinking Beverage
17-07-2017, 07:03 AM
What number is Ukraine on that list? I've worn myself out scanning it up and down.
17-07-2017, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2017 07:26 AM by Free Thought.)
(17-07-2017 07:03 AM)ImFred Wrote:  What number is Ukraine on that list? I've worn myself out scanning it up and down.

If you aren't on a mobile device, run a ctrl-F search in the future. Since we are both here though, the ranks you are looking for are:

The International Monetary Fund puts Ukraine as #113, World Bank has #107, CIA places it #121.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-07-2017, 07:16 AM
(17-07-2017 07:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 07:03 AM)ImFred Wrote:  What number is Ukraine on that list? I've worn myself out scanning it up and down.

If you aren't on a mobile device, run a ctrl-F search in the future. Since we are both here though, the ranks you are looking for are:

The International Monetary Fund puts Ukraine as #113, World Bank has #103, CIA places it #121.

Isn't it #107 for World Bank?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-07-2017, 07:18 AM
Ok 2 things:

1: The thread title looks like this on my browser -

[Image: FScPiWF.png]

Laugh out load

2: A friend of the family is from the Ukraine, having moved over to the UK for a better life. She tells me that Ukraine is pretty poor, although not as bad as some places. She mentioned how she went back recently to take her family out to McDonalds, and they all thought she was a millionaire or something. She also sends money over, which is used to bribe education officials as her brother is pretty pants at stuff, yet needs qualifications to get a decent job, and almost every official in the country is on the take apparently.

Glad I live where I do!

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post