Ukraine protests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 08:38 AM
Ukraine protests
What is your opinion on the protests in the Ukraine?

I am all up in joy about it. It gives Puting the kick in the balls that this sissy has deserved for a long time.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2014, 08:43 AM
RE: Ukraine protests
(24-02-2014 08:38 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  What is your opinion on the protests in the Ukraine?

I am all up in joy about it. It gives Puting the kick in the balls that this sissy has deserved for a long time.

It seems to be winding down now. The President has fled the country and the legislature has enacted a lot of new legislation including naming a temporary new head of state. The interior minister has issued an arrest warrant for the fleeing and now deposed president and several other members of his government for illegally attacking civilians. On the whole it was a rather effective and relatively bloodless regime change, he went against the will of the people and the people stood up to him.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-02-2014, 08:58 AM
I don't really think there is much to say, to be honest. Consider

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
24-02-2014, 08:59 AM
(24-02-2014 08:58 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I don't really think there is much to say, to be honest. Consider

Russia Doubts New Ukrainian Government's Legitimacy
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said he had grave doubts about the legitimacy of neighboring Ukraine's new leaders on Monday.

"If we consider government the people who were moving around Kiev wearing black masks and holding Kalashnikov machine guns, then it is going to be very difficult for us to work with such government," he said, according to Russian news agency Lenta.ru.

Some news agencies quoting Medvedev as saying that Ukraine's government had come to power as a result of “armed mutiny.”

His comments came just hours after Ukraine's interim leader Oleksander Turchinov announced that a new presidential election campaign would start this week following the ouster of President Viktor Yanukovych, a key Russian ally.

"We do not understand what is going on there," Medvedev told local news agencies. "There is a real threat to our interests and to the lives of our citizens. There are big doubts about the legitimacy of a whole series of organs of power that are now functioning there."

Medvedev said that any extension of a key gas agreement between the two nations would have to be negotiated between Ukrainian companies and the government.

"Those agreements which are legally binding must be fulfilled," he said, according to Interfax.

A warrant for Yanukovych's arrest along with several other officials was for the "mass killing of civilians," Interior Minister Arsen Avakhov said on his official Facebook page.

Reuters and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

First published February 24th 2014, 9:34 am

What a shock Facepalm

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-02-2014, 09:23 AM
So far, I have not been surprised by anything going on with the Ukrainians or the Russians. Perhaps it is the European mentality that is getting to me? Eh.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
24-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Thumbs Down RE: Ukraine protests
-government favours better deal from Russia than EU
-opposition groups rally at government centres
-US politicians travel and give their support
-opposition starts trying to light police on fire, and shoot at them
-after awhile, police eventually decide for a day or two they'll shoot back
-EU, Russia, government, and opposition leaders come to a deal for elections and law reform
-opposition groups decide to storm government centres anyway
-government flees
-members of government all over are kicked out, and new people are undemocratically put into power
-US and EU promise money and support
-certain opposition groups promoting banning certain political parties, and people from elections, and preventing certain media stations from broadcasting
-certain parts of the country don't recognize coups as a legitimate process for government
-future democracy looks... bleak.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
24-02-2014, 03:43 PM

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
25-02-2014, 10:10 AM
(24-02-2014 03:43 PM)bemore Wrote:  

The Ukrainian President fled, so it seems that the Russian general's prediction of a land strike and development of a western project in the video is wrong. When a professional in that industry gets wrong, I don't know whether it is good news or bad news.

Want something? Then do something.