Ultimate Test

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Ultimate Test
What if this life is really an ultimate test? A test to see if you are worthy of the title human. A human is an intelligent life form. Therefore it goes without saying that intelligence is required. What if there really is a god that exists but unlike what religions tell us, this one wants us to demonstrate intelligence. All the religions past and presently practiced are tricks. They're tricks to eliminate the ones who will go to whatever version of eternal torment for failing to exercise intelligence. This idea is inspired by the parable of the fig tree. A tree must bare fruit. If it doesn't it must be cut down and thrown into the fire for being useless. If a human being fails to demonstrate intelligence...see where I'm going with this?

I think this idea is as valid as any religion out there.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2013, 07:04 AM
RE: Ultimate Test
Doesn't matter. I'm fucked either way.

(sorry, that was the most intelligent reply that I could think of)

Sad

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-11-2013, 08:19 AM
(20-11-2013 07:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Doesn't matter. I'm fucked either way.

(sorry, that was the most intelligent reply that I could think of)

Sad

Well you've demonstrated intelligence by not being a theist I'd say.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
20-11-2013, 08:21 AM
I don't wanna play. Fuckin' Gods playing mind games. It's still cruel and unusual and they should still fuck off.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-11-2013, 09:14 PM
IF
[+] 3 users Like UndercoverAtheist's post
21-11-2013, 12:20 PM
(20-11-2013 06:59 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  What if this life is really an ultimate test? A test to see if you are worthy of the title human. A human is an intelligent life form. Therefore it goes without saying that intelligence is required. What if there really is a god that exists but unlike what religions tell us, this one wants us to demonstrate intelligence. All the religions past and presently practiced are tricks. They're tricks to eliminate the ones who will go to whatever version of eternal torment for failing to exercise intelligence. This idea is inspired by the parable of the fig tree. A tree must bare fruit. If it doesn't it must be cut down and thrown into the fire for being useless. If a human being fails to demonstrate intelligence...see where I'm going with this?

I think this idea is as valid as any religion out there.

Or maybe it is a male fig tree? Cutting it down may prevent other fig trees from bearing fruit.
21-11-2013, 04:28 PM
I would compare this "Ultimate test" to my own imagination. I can play with almost infinite variables however I would still be in control, no matter how much I try to distance myself from my creation.

So If I test my creation, I am testing myself.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
21-11-2013, 11:10 PM
These are the kind of 'what ifs' that is responsible for religion. Not worthy of my intelligence to give any brain power to. Not that I consider myself to be uniquely intelligent, or overly smart. Nor am I overly arrogant or humble, though I imagine many people would consider my statement to be the former.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post