Ultimate control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2015, 06:16 AM
RE: Ultimate control
(25-03-2015 04:06 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'd wait til all of you finish butchering your military budget, then take you over and plunder your resources.

Right, because having a military budget larger than the next 25 countries combined has been the only thing holding back foreign invasion of the United States, especially considering that 24 of those 25 are either our nominal allies or neutral.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2015, 07:47 AM
(25-03-2015 06:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 04:06 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'd wait til all of you finish butchering your military budget, then take you over and plunder your resources.

Right, because having a military budget larger than the next 25 countries combined has been the only thing holding back foreign invasion of the United States, especially considering that 24 of those 25 are either our nominal allies or neutral.

If we could move more towards a defense model that relies on small scale tactical deployments of light infantry and ground based Intel, rather than the obsolete model of an established front line supported by overwhelming firepower, or the safer but more costly strategy of lobbing million dollar smart weapons in an effort to avoid direct confrontation, then yes it would be very possible to significantly cut the budget. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-03-2015, 08:09 AM
(25-03-2015 07:47 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 06:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Right, because having a military budget larger than the next 25 countries combined has been the only thing holding back foreign invasion of the United States, especially considering that 24 of those 25 are either our nominal allies or neutral.

If we could move more towards a defense model that relies on small scale tactical deployments of light infantry and ground based Intel, rather than the obsolete model of an established front line supported by overwhelming firepower, or the safer but more costly strategy of lobbing million dollar smart weapons in an effort to avoid direct confrontation, then yes it would be very possible to significantly cut the budget. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

And yet Russia, China, the UK, France, Germany, and the rest of NATO all manage it...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-03-2015, 08:14 AM
(25-03-2015 08:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 07:47 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If we could move more towards a defense model that relies on small scale tactical deployments of light infantry and ground based Intel, rather than the obsolete model of an established front line supported by overwhelming firepower, or the safer but more costly strategy of lobbing million dollar smart weapons in an effort to avoid direct confrontation, then yes it would be very possible to significantly cut the budget. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

And yet Russia, China, the UK, France, Germany, and the rest of NATO all manage it...

They don't have U.S. politicians. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-03-2015, 01:42 PM
(25-03-2015 03:58 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  You really enjoy genocide, don't you?

I say, if you consider the death of everyone in a problematic country a solution, why not nuke the fuck out of your sorry American ass too?

Nope, I'm not sorry for this.

Genocide? No, a problem that cant be fixed should just be thrown out. So, those prisoners would very much be well educated and well informed that they can either be in jail for life, or get out for free with no questions asked, but with a death sentence attached to it.

Suire, some of the bad eggs will have to be cracked and some of them wont want to get out knowing this, because they know they will just fuck up again because they "want" to keep murdering and raping and doing drugs. Those ones and the ones stupid enough to think they can get out and be all gangstah bad ass and do whatever they want are the ones that will die. Many others will simply just reinsert into society and behave. There is a plethora of people who just made a terrible decision and are reformed but will never get to rejoin society. Plus, we can always create programs to insert them back in by using them as the labor needed for where the construction money is going. So basically, get outta jail with a high chance of a job too!

Whats more fair than that? It is a contractual agreement between the two of you! Live life in prison or get out and live free but don't fuck up or you die!?

I seem to think that is fair!

@free thought.

Nice list! Thumbsup

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
25-03-2015, 02:30 PM
(25-03-2015 01:42 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Genocide? No, a problem that cant be fixed should just be thrown out. So, those prisoners would very much be well educated and well informed that they can either be in jail for life, or get out for free with no questions asked, but with a death sentence attached to it.

Suire, some of the bad eggs will have to be cracked and some of them wont want to get out knowing this, because they know they will just fuck up again because they "want" to keep murdering and raping and doing drugs. Those ones and the ones stupid enough to think they can get out and be all gangstah bad ass and do whatever they want are the ones that will die. Many others will simply just reinsert into society and behave. There is a plethora of people who just made a terrible decision and are reformed but will never get to rejoin society. Plus, we can always create programs to insert them back in by using them as the labor needed for where the construction money is going. So basically, get outta jail with a high chance of a job too!

Whats more fair than that? It is a contractual agreement between the two of you! Live life in prison or get out and live free but don't fuck up or you die!?

I was actually talking about nuking a whole country because a bunch of people who happened to be born there decided to become terrorists. No remorse there at all? Like, seriously?

And anyway, all that aside, you seem to be forgetting that:

-You assume that most people are responsible, intelligent beings who will understand what they're being asked and will not act stupid. You also assume that it's apparently ok to execute said stupid people.

-Not all crimes are equal. You can't possibly release a serial killer and a drug user on the same terms.

-If the death penalty deterred criminals, there would be no criminals. In most cases, the perpetrator is either agitated, ignorant, or they simply don't care.

-Releasing hundreds or maybe even thousands of psychopaths is never a good idea.

-Making people fear for their lives for petty crimes is generally not a good ingredient for a healthy society.

There's probably 68284951 more reasons why this wouldn't work but, yeah.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
25-03-2015, 02:47 PM
1. Any employee that receives their pay from tax payer money can not form a Union. They serve at the pleasure of the public.
2. Politicians can not make more than the median income of the Nation or 10% more than bottom 50% of the country. Which ever is lower.
3. Politicians can not vote themselves raises, or accept money from corporations, unions, or foreign entities.
4. The military budget is reduced by 30%. All programs that have not proven effective within 2 years of their inception are to be cut. Military bases around the world would be closed or cut by 50%.
5. Education will include math, science, language, and civics. All other programs must be privately funded. All public funds for education go directly to the student and the parents may pick and choose their school (the Netherlands model).
6. Constitutional carry for everyone over the age of 18 and not a felon. Felons may have their rights reinstituted upon review and if their crime was not violent.
7. No victim no crime. All drugs are legal and the taxes from their sale will pay for education and rehab facilities.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
25-03-2015, 02:59 PM
(25-03-2015 02:30 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 01:42 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Genocide? No, a problem that cant be fixed should just be thrown out. So, those prisoners would very much be well educated and well informed that they can either be in jail for life, or get out for free with no questions asked, but with a death sentence attached to it.

Sure, some of the bad eggs will have to be cracked and some of them wont want to get out knowing this, because they know they will just fuck up again because they "want" to keep murdering and raping and doing drugs. Those ones and the ones stupid enough to think they can get out and be all gangstah bad ass and do whatever they want are the ones that will die. Many others will simply just reinsert into society and behave. There is a plethora of people who just made a terrible decision and are reformed but will never get to rejoin society. Plus, we can always create programs to insert them back in by using them as the labor needed for where the construction money is going. So basically, get outta jail with a high chance of a job too!

I was actually talking about nuking a whole country because a bunch of people who happened to be born there decided to become terrorists. No remorse there at all? Like, seriously?

[/quote]

Oh that! Same thing that can be said for what we did to japan. Only need to do it once to not just prove the point " if it is ever needed to be done" but to stop the threat! Sure its heartless and cruel. But humanity wouldn't be where it is today if we lost our morals every once in a while in the persuit of something better. Modern day biology and psychology are built off experiments that would turn almost anyone's stomach really. Best thing of all, once it happens once and its over, it never needs to happen ever again.

Ideological differences I guess. I would rather take the quick moral-less high road than wait another 1000 years for things to work out. But that is just me! Its not like I will ever gain ultimate control over any countries so it doesn't matter what I think anyway. No

Quote:-You assume that most people are responsible, intelligent beings who will understand what they're being asked and will not act stupid. You also assume that it's apparently ok to execute said stupid people.

-Releasing hundreds or maybe even thousands of psychopaths is never a good idea.

-If the death penalty deterred criminals, there would be no criminals. In most cases, the perpetrator is either agitated, ignorant, or they simply don't care.

That is precisely why its best to simply cut them away permanently from life and society. The ones who can change will, those who won't parish. Unless you wanna come up with some sorta drug or brain procedure that can force people to be complacent and behave. We are wasting money on reforming what cannot be fixed. It doesn't matter if they do not fear death. Do terrorists and Isis fear death? Why should we bother fighting them if killing them won't matter?

If we cut out every single one of them, by the tens of millions and mass genocide every single last KKK, MS13, Crips, Bloods, Mafia, and what have you member, than they cannot spread their ideologies, cannot recruit and get more members. When being affiliated with "physical" "violent gangs" is an death sentence without wasting money on trials. The trick is to not pussy out and be too soft. Then provide millions into educating youth and improving the poor qualities of life many people live in that drive them to gangs in the first place and the problem cannot exist.

In order to instill stability and peace, force must be applied to that which won't change, than you prevent any possibility of it happening ever again by improving the quality of life to those who are in danger of turning to such things. After a couple of generations of racism being a death sentence and mass education on teaching love, peace, community, equality and tolerance to school children as part of their education like science and math are. Then you would see these problems vanish right quick in all the time it takes for children to have grand children.

Remember something, Gangs in the way they are now and today, this over incarceration of our citizens. EVERYTHING that is wrong with our country started in about the 1920's when the prohibition came about. Our country was absolutely nothing like it is today. We didn't throw everyone in jail for really stupid reasons. People were not as stupid back than, We fought for more moral reasons and when someone stood up against the government for an injustice, it was for the "right" reasons like equality, not being burnt by some hot coffee served to them at a fund raiser being ran by a office or whatever.

Quote:-Not all crimes are equal. You can't possibly release a serial killer and a drug user on the same terms.

don't worry, I will give the druggies the ability to go to a detox clinic funded by public and private funds. They would would stay there until they are clean unless they become too much of a problem. Everyone gets 15 tries to clean up, if you can't make it in 15 tries than your out.

[quote]
-Making people fear for their lives for petty crimes is generally not a good ingredient for a healthy society.[quote]

Petty crimes get you a fine, not send you to jail. Only crimes big enough to get ya sent to prison for at least a couple of years would count. I am talking about bad crimes here. Not traffic tickets that cannot be paid off cuz yo too poor or something.

I do see yo point, on a lot of these, I really do! I just have more radical and....harsh ideas of how things could be fixed quickly without the need of waiting for the technology when we can just digitally alter a persons memories, personality and behavior to correct them.

Until than, that which will never change and refuses to change should simple be cast aside as it is a waste of time and money and space for those who can change or simple wish to serve out their time in relative peace.

25-03-2015, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 03:06 PM by Shadow Fox.)
(25-03-2015 02:59 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 02:30 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Sure, some of the bad eggs will have to be cracked and some of them wont want to get out knowing this, because they know they will just fuck up again because they "want" to keep murdering and raping and doing drugs. Those ones and the ones stupid enough to think they can get out and be all gangstah bad ass and do whatever they want are the ones that will die. Many others will simply just reinsert into society and behave. There is a plethora of people who just made a terrible decision and are reformed but will never get to rejoin society. Plus, we can always create programs to insert them back in by using them as the labor needed for where the construction money is going. So basically, get outta jail with a high chance of a job too!

Oh that! Same thing that can be said for what we did to japan. Only need to do it once to not just prove the point " if it is ever needed to be done" but to stop the threat! Sure its heartless and cruel. But humanity wouldn't be where it is today if we lost our morals every once in a while in the persuit of something better. Modern day biology and psychology are built off experiments that would turn almost anyone's stomach really. Best thing of all, once it happens once and its over, it never needs to happen ever again.

Ideological differences I guess. I would rather take the quick moral-less high road than wait another 1000 years for things to work out. But that is just me! Its not like I will ever gain ultimate control over any countries so it doesn't matter what I think anyway. No

Quote:-You assume that most people are responsible, intelligent beings who will understand what they're being asked and will not act stupid. You also assume that it's apparently ok to execute said stupid people.

That is precisely why its best to simply cut them away permanently from life and society. The ones who can change will, those who won't parish. Unless you wanna come up with some sorta drug or brain procedure that can force people to be complacent and behave. We are wasting money on reforming what cannot be fixed. It doesn't matter if they do not fear death. Do terrorists and Isis fear death? Why should we bother fighting them if killing them won't matter?

If we cut out every single one of them, by the tens of millions and mass genocide every single last KKK, MS13, Crips, Bloods, Mafia, and what have you member, than they cannot spread their ideologies, cannot recruit and get more members. When being affiliated with "physical" "violent gangs" is an death sentence without wasting money on trials. The trick is to not pussy out and be too soft. Then provide millions into educating youth and improving the poor qualities of life many people live in that drive them to gangs in the first place and the problem cannot exist.

In order to instill stability and peace, force must be applied to that which won't change, than you prevent any possibility of it happening ever again by improving the quality of life to those who are in danger of turning to such things. After a couple of generations of racism being a death sentence and mass education on teaching love, peace, community, equality and tolerance to school children as part of their education like science and math are. Then you would see these problems vanish right quick in all the time it takes for children to have grand children.

Remember something, Gangs in the way they are now and today, this over incarceration of our citizens. EVERYTHING that is wrong with our country started in about the 1920's when the prohibition came about. Our country was absolutely nothing like it is today. We didn't throw everyone in jail for really stupid reasons. People were not as stupid back than, We fought for more moral reasons and when someone stood up against the government for an injustice, it was for the "right" reasons like equality, not being burnt by some hot coffee served to them at a fund raiser being ran by a office or whatever.

Quote:-Not all crimes are equal. You can't possibly release a serial killer and a drug user on the same terms.

don't worry, I will give the druggies the ability to go to a detox clinic funded by public and private funds. They would would stay there until they are clean unless they become too much of a problem. Everyone gets 15 tries to clean up, if you can't make it in 15 tries than your out.

Quote:-Making people fear for their lives for petty crimes is generally not a good ingredient for a healthy society.

Petty crimes get you a fine, not send you to jail. Only crimes big enough to get ya sent to prison for at least a couple of years would count. I am talking about bad crimes here. Not traffic tickets that cannot be paid off cuz yo too poor or something.

I do see yo point, on a lot of these, I really do! I just have more radical and....harsh ideas of how things could be fixed quickly without the need of waiting for the technology when we can just digitally alter a persons memories, personality and behavior to correct them.

Until than, that which will never change and refuses to change should simple be cast aside as it is a waste of time and money and space for those who can change or simple wish to serve out their time in relative peace.

25-03-2015, 03:25 PM
(25-03-2015 08:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 07:47 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If we could move more towards a defense model that relies on small scale tactical deployments of light infantry and ground based Intel, rather than the obsolete model of an established front line supported by overwhelming firepower, or the safer but more costly strategy of lobbing million dollar smart weapons in an effort to avoid direct confrontation, then yes it would be very possible to significantly cut the budget. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I don't know that I'd trust Russia or China to really reveal their actual spending on their military. But our country buys from private entities so we get raped with pricing. And budget members probably receive kickbacks for certain programs whether they are successful or not. Europe doesn't need to spend as much on defense because we already have bases there. Our expense has reduced their costs.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.