Poll: Do you find the current administration fair and satisfactory?
This poll is closed.
yes 96.30% 26 96.30%
no 3.70% 1 3.70%
Total 27 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ultimatum!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2015, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 04:43 PM by Mr Woof.)
Ultimatum!
Yesterdays post attracted over 500 views and only 38 responses, most of which opposed the the essence of what I was on about. Of course many of you are visitors or relatively new members, who only know the full story second hand; as the lies sort of snow ball.

I joined this forum almost four years ago, my major interest being philosophy.
At that time as I recall the administrator, was Lucradis, who rarely appears these days.
Well known members then were Erxomai a former preacher, Ghost, Hoc. Girly Man, Lilith Pride a transexual, along with other interesting people. Debates were rigorous, heated, and even a bit nasty (especially with Hoc). The rep system was used sensibly and no one was permanently (over two years in my case}' bumped' to the top with a vicious message directed not only to me but to my family as well.

Well over two years ago a member, who admits to being a manipulator, has continually placed his message of hatred at the top of the member reputation board, which most of you, other than newcomers will be aware of. The issue; a piece written by me, some three years ago, questioning possible negative issues relating to gay marriage.
This person is very popular, something of a forum darling, and others began to express ill will towards me, simply to get on his band wagon. Now I am not claiming to be a saint, far from it, but I did try to resolve this issue, including an apology.

To answer Starkers question, I became the senile old twat, trouble maker, homophobe, stupid, unpleasant , serial whiner, while the person concerned became something of a cult hero. Sure ! I tried to ]address the issue as nauseum, when I could have just given up and left, but I persisted, perhaps stupidly given how thing have turned out. Not many would stay to see their name permanently at the top of one members personal hate list. Would you? The admin did nothing, (except temporarily ban and later restrict me) in keeping with their anything goes policy. At least Starkers did not encourage this unbalanced approach with 'high fives' for his faves and to further alienate me.

Ok that's the crux of the issue and why at least one valued member (Bemore) left.
Unless TTA sees fit to rule against the perpetual abuse of one member year ([u]year after [/u]which tends to encourage others to do likewise)'bumping up,' in support, along with the 'high fives' and other little slights I will be following Bemore's sound decision. enough Is enough, but enough is necessary.
What can happen to one, can happen to you member, including refusal of a user name change if you aren't pressing the right buttons.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Ultimatum!
Stark has always been the best admin on this forum. Moms runs things much like he does. The biggest difference between the two is that moms is more active as far as posting, but rest assured Stark is reading and watching. It's a good balance.

You have been given more chances by the admin then anyone else would have. And you spit in their faces.

You have been allowed to break rules and still stay around.

Ultimatum my ass...it's another tantrum.

Make up your mind old man, stay and be a part of the group, stay and be a pain in the ass, or go...just make up your mind and shut the fuck up about it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-07-2015, 04:56 PM
(06-07-2015 04:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Stark has always been the best admin on this forum. Moms runs things much like he does. The biggest difference between the two is that moms is more active as far as posting, but rest assured Stark is reading and watching. It's a good balance.

You have been given more chances by the admin then anyone else would have. And you spit in their faces.

You have been allowed to break rules and still stay around.

Ultimatum my ass...it's another tantrum.

Make up your mind old man, stay and be a part of the group, stay and be a pain in the ass, or go...just make up your mind and shut the fuck up about it.
Wink...?
06-07-2015, 05:01 PM
(06-07-2015 04:28 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Yesterdays post attracted over 500 views and only 38 responses, most of which opposed the the essence of what I was on about. Of course many of you are visitors or relatively new members, who only know the full story second hand; as the lies sort of snow ball.

At that time as I recall the administrator, was Lucradis, who rarely appears these days.
Well known members then were Erxomai a former preacher, Ghost, Hoc. Girly Man, Lilith Pride a transexual, along with other interesting people. Debates were rigorous, heated, and even a bit nasty (especially with Hoc). The rep system was used sensibly and no one was permanently (over two years in my case}' bumped' to the top with a vicious message directed not only to me but to my family as well.

Well over two years ago a member, who admits to being a manipulator, has continually placed his message of hatred at the top of the member reputation board, which most of you, other than newcomers will be aware of. The issue; a piece written by me, some three years ago, questioning possible negative issues relating to gay marriage.
This person is very popular, something of a forum darling, and others began to express ill will towards me, simply to get on his band wagon. Now I am not claiming to be a saint, far from it, but I did try to resolve this issue, including an apology.

To answer Starkers question, I became the senile old twat, trouble maker, homophobe, stupid, unpleasant , serial whiner, while the person concerned became something of a cult hero. Sure ! I tried to ]address the issue as nauseum, when I could have just given up and left, but I persisted, perhaps stupidly given how thing have turned out. Not many would stay to see their name permanently at the top of one members personal hate list. Would you? The admin did nothing, (except temporarily ban and later restrict me) in keeping with their anything goes policy. At least Starkers did not encourage this unbalanced approach with 'high fives' for his faves and to further alienate me.

Ok that's the crux of the issue and why at least one valued member (Bemore) left.
Unless TTA sees fit to rule against the perpetual abuse of one member year ([u]year after [/u]which tends to encourage others to do likewise)'bumping up,' in support, along with the 'high fives' and other little slights I will be following Bemore's sound decision. enough Is enough, but enough is necessary.
What can happen to one, can happen to you member, including refusal of a user name change if you aren't pressing the right buttons.

In all that, you failed to mention the part where you made a sock account during your temp ban and were still allowed to come back.
That goes way beyond fair. You should be grateful.
06-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Good grief Woof, Muffs is a rebellious child. He also is a dog with a bone in a most annoying way when he wants to be. He posts crap about people he has never seen before - like a newbie will introduce himself and Muffs says "I don't like you" for no reason.

The only reason this hasn't long died is because you keep drawing attention to it with posts. Muffs is a boy and you are senior. You should have built up the resilience by now to just ignore him.

I agree, Muffs is being a real asshole about this. I have told him so in the past. If I were running the show I would have likely suspended his repping privileges. But I am not running the show, and it's up to you to deal with it all.

And yes, by now hardly anyone knows what is going on anymore and people just draw their opinion from others.

You did say some pretty stupid and offensive things back then, but you have also thought things over and made changes to your stance. I understand the frustration that this is not being acknowledged.

Just lay this to rest and take the high road. The low road isn't going to take you anyplace good.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
06-07-2015, 05:08 PM
(06-07-2015 05:01 PM)pablo Wrote:  In all that, you failed to mention the part where you made a sock account during your temp ban and were still allowed to come back.

Oh is that what happened? Woof made a sock puppet account and got caught?

Mr Woof, are you popsthebuilder???

ip addresses are easy to trace. Someone in Cameroon has been trying to log into an old account at a jazz website I used to visit many years ago. I have been receiving emails alerting me so checked them using Google.

If you make a sock puppet from your own pc, the admin's will know.

I think the admin's here usually quite patient and nice.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
06-07-2015, 05:15 PM
Sock puppet?
I was co posting with my wife.
Hardly a sock, just because we shared the same computer.
06-07-2015, 05:17 PM
(06-07-2015 05:01 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 04:28 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Yesterdays post attracted over 500 views and only 38 responses, most of which opposed the the essence of what I was on about. Of course many of you are visitors or relatively new members, who only know the full story second hand; as the lies sort of snow ball.

In all that, you failed to mention the part where you made a sock account during your temp ban and were still allowed to come back.

See response to Banjo and get your shit together!
06-07-2015, 05:18 PM
Co-posting - euphemism for saying the same shit under a different name.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-07-2015, 05:23 PM
(06-07-2015 05:15 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Sock puppet?
I was co posting with my wife.
Hardly a sock, just because we shared the same computer.

At least you finally admit it.