Poll: Do you find the current administration fair and satisfactory?
This poll is closed.
yes 96.30% 26 96.30%
no 3.70% 1 3.70%
Total 27 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ultimatum!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: Ultimatum!
(06-07-2015 05:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  Good grief Woof, Muffs is a rebellious child. He also is a dog with a bone in a most annoying way when he wants to be. He posts crap about people he has never seen before - like a newbie will introduce himself and Muffs says "I don't like you" for no reason.

The only reason this hasn't long died is because you keep drawing attention to it with posts. Muffs is a boy and you are senior. You should have built up the resilience by now to just ignore him.

I agree, Muffs is being a real asshole about this. I have told him so in the past. If I were running the show I would have likely suspended his repping privileges. But I am not running the show, and it's up to you to deal with it all.

And yes, by now hardly anyone knows what is going on anymore and people just draw their opinion from others.

You did say some pretty stupid and offensive things back then, but you have also thought things over and made changes to your stance. I understand the frustration that this is not being acknowledged.

Just lay this to rest and take the high road. The low road isn't going to take you anyplace good.
He isn't a child.
If the rep bumps remains, I'm gone
.Yeah I'm a senior!
Alzheimers perhaps!
Maybe Vosur was rightBlink
They've got till 13/1/15
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2015, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't worry about it lol. I don't think I've ever been a member of a forum that generally liked me.

Some people think of discussion boards as a community; If you are an unwanted outlier, you shouldn't. Post what you want, but don't worry about what others think of it - or rather - think about you, because of it. More importantly, nobody owes your opinions respect.

As for abuse, I think it'd warrant intervention if it took the form of forum postings. But the statements left with rep ratings on your page don't much effect the forum.
[+] 2 users Like Gilgamesh's post
06-07-2015, 05:28 PM
(06-07-2015 05:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  He isn't a child.
If the rep bumps remains, I'm gone
.Yeah I'm a senior!
Alzheimers perhaps!
Maybe Vosur was rightBlink
They've got till 13/1/15

That pretty much assures the rep will stay. But you knew that.

And when the hell is 13/1/15?

If it's the 13th of January, that ship has sailed.

If it's the 13th month of the year...guess it will never arrive.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-07-2015, 05:29 PM
(06-07-2015 05:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Co-posting - euphemism for saying the same shit under a different name.

Thanks for the input sweetie, but it isnt.......Smile
06-07-2015, 05:31 PM
(06-07-2015 05:25 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I wouldn't worry about it lol. I don't think I've ever been a member of a forum that generally liked me.

Some people think of discussion boards as a community; If you are an unwanted outlier, you shouldn't. Post what you want, but don't worry about what others think of it - or rather - think about you, because of it. More importantly, nobody owes your opinions respect.

As for abuse, I think it'd warrant intervention if it took the form of forum postings. But the statements left with rep ratings on your page don't much effect the forum.

They did effect my wife and family when, as non members, they liked to have a quick look! Don't you think it might be time for an admin shake up?
06-07-2015, 05:36 PM
I really have no idea what is going on.

This is just a message board. Not the UN.

Is it about reputation points? If so, who cares? I like Woof, I also like Muffs. At the end of the day people are people. All a bit different each in their own way.

My advice is this: if the site is getting to you, take a step back for a few days and chill. Then come back. Loads of posts will have gone by and this will be history.

At the moment I am bothered by a troll. I have issued loads of warnings. Perhaps too many. But the members don't care and make him look a fool anyway. So I am not going to let it get to me. Life is too short mate.

No harm no foul.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-07-2015, 05:38 PM
(06-07-2015 05:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I really have no idea what is going on.

This is just a message board. Not the UN.

Is it about reputation points? If so, who cares? I like Woof, I also like Muffs. At the end of the day people are people. All a bit different each in their own way.

My advice is this: if the site is getting to you, take a step back for a few days and chill. Then come back. Loads of posts will have gone by and this will be history.

At the moment I am bothered by a troll. I have issued loads of warnings. Perhaps too many. But the members don't care and make him look a fool anyway. So I am not going to let it get to me. Life is too short mate.

No harm no foul.

It continues to fade into history...then Woof revives it, continually.

Banjo, he just can't let it go.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
06-07-2015, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 05:43 PM by Gilgamesh.)
(06-07-2015 05:31 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 05:25 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I wouldn't worry about it lol. I don't think I've ever been a member of a forum that generally liked me.

They did effect my wife and family when, as non members, they liked to have a quick look! Don't you think it might be time for an admin shake up?

No, I don't. Your family is too sensitive. I mean I if a stranger ran up to you and your family every time you left the house and espoused the same sentiments as earmuffs has for you, in an aggressive manner, then sure get the authorities involved. But uh, that text on your page ain't gonna' hurt anyone, man.

Edit: Rather than a strict 'no' I'd rather say 'not necessarily.' It's not like it would be a great hindrance on free speech to not be able to suggest lobotomies to people you don't like.
06-07-2015, 05:42 PM
(06-07-2015 04:28 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Not many would stay to see their name permanently at the top of one members personal hate list. Would you?

Unless TTA sees fit to rule against the perpetual abuse of one member year (year after which tends to encourage others to do likewise)'bumping up,' in support, along with the 'high fives' and other little slights...
Where is this hate list? I've never seen it.

OK, I've just gone and looked at your personal Reputation Report.
It's pretty ugly.

earmuffs at the top with a neg for the issue you talked about.

But lets look at the others

WhiskeyDebates giving a neg for continued complaining
Hafnof with a link to a controversial gay thread you started a month ago
LostLegend with a neg rep apparently as a response to something you have written that would be offensive to gays.
Pablo currently with a neg, seems he toggles from +ve to -ve to neutral so it seems he is trying to give you some feedback, possibly trying to encourage some behaviours of yours and discourage other behaviours of yours. Seems to me his feedback might give you an indication on where the problem is. He is clearly not hating on you.
EvolutionKill with neg for continuing to perpetuate the issue
Anjele has suggested that she tried to give you benefit of the doubt
GoFish gave negative for self pity posts.
Regular_Joe for "I think you're a little overboard with your hatred of gays."

Overall you have a positive reputation of 38 which means most people like you and your contributions.
I would suggest to you, if the neg reps worries you, to perhaps focus on the eight people above. Don't try to takle earmuffs just yet. You get these eight on your side then perhaps you can attempt that Mt Everest last of all.

GoFish and WhiskeyDebates seems to be easy wins, all you need to do is to stop publically posting these self pity threads, (like this thread for example), instead of crying in a public arena why not make use of PMs to these eight people? Perhaps if you promise to GoFish to stop shouting out that you are persecuted and over time if you live up to this promise then perhaps GoFish may change the rep points for you.
Pablo seems to be a swinging vote. Perhaps ask him what posts upset him, and perhaps ask him which posts he likes. He might become a great allie helping you to avoid the posts that are getting people worked up.

Regular_Joe might be a great entry to learn how to moderate your "gay" topics somewhat. If you can talk to him, find out what lines you've been crossing, and perhaps try not to cross those lines or find a less abrasive way of addressing the "gay" topic then you might be off to a great start to start winning over Anjele, LostLegend and Hafnof.

Deal with these people privately, don't make public threads about this.
The reputation page is a mechanism for people to provide feedback to you. Use it in a positive way, learn to avoid the behaviours that are annoying some people so much.

I don't think anyone here other than you and earmuffs cares about what went on 3 years ago. It seems to me that most people are more interested in what the future holds.
If your future posts provide more controversial gay threads by you or more persecution threads by you then you will continue to get negative reps.
If you don't continue with the above then most of your negative reps will fade away, possibly even turn green.
If you get a green page then perhaps try to address earmuffs then if you feel the need.

Just break it down to bite sized chunks, realise that people don't hate you as a person, they are reacting to some of your threads, in particular the continued whining about persecution and the contraversial gay threads.
[+] 6 users Like Stevil's post
06-07-2015, 05:42 PM
(06-07-2015 05:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It continues to fade into history...then Woof revives it, continually.

Banjo, he just can't let it go.

[Image: frozem.jpg]

My niece would be proud. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post