Poll: Do you find the current administration fair and satisfactory?
This poll is closed.
yes 96.30% 26 96.30%
no 3.70% 1 3.70%
Total 27 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ultimatum!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Ultimatum!
Quote: Don't you think it might be time for an admin shake up?

If an "admin shake up" hasn't happened now (and just to be clear, an "admin shake up" in your opinion is the admins doing what you want them too) it's not gonna happen just because you threaten to leave.

This forum has always had a principle of free speech (to an extent, but much more so than any other forum short 4chan). Even when Lucradis and Erxy were admins. The fact that you're so butthurt over it isn't reason for the admins to do anything about it as much as it is for me to ask the admins to ban HoC for saying bad things about nutella, the god of all sandwich spreads.

So...
[Image: fry_mooning_futurama.gif]

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2015, 05:50 PM
I have no problem with the staff here ... well, except for the fact that they ban those who deserve to be banned, too soon. (doesn't give me as much time to fuck with them before they're gone Laugh out load ) Seriously though, I think the staff here are doing a decent job, and I have no complaints.

I've been reading your other thread too, and just wanted to add one thing to what others are saying. In online discussion forums, we don't have the luxury of seeing facial expressions, body language or hearing vocal cues. We can't look into each others' eyes. We can only guess the tone of the remarks. As a result, miscommunication and misunderstandings happen with a hell of a lot more frequency than it does with face-to-face dialogue. One more thing - it's good to interpret online remarks as with the best of intentions. It will save you a lot of grief, (and help keep your blood pressure down).

Well, I hope things get better for you here. Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like TheBear's post
06-07-2015, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 06:56 PM by Clockwork.)
(06-07-2015 05:31 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Don't you think it might be time for an admin shake up?
Meaning what exactly? And be specific. Who should do what to whom?

edit: Never mind. I was originally viewing this on Tapatalk, which doesn't show polls. Ignore.
06-07-2015, 05:55 PM
(06-07-2015 04:28 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Yesterdays post attracted over 500 views and only 38 responses, most of which opposed the the essence of what I was on about. Of course many of you are visitors or relatively new members, who only know the full story second hand; as the lies sort of snow ball.

I joined this forum almost four years ago, my major interest being philosophy.
At that time as I recall the administrator, was Lucradis, who rarely appears these days.
Well known members then were Erxomai a former preacher, Ghost, Hoc. Girly Man, Lilith Pride a transexual, along with other interesting people. Debates were rigorous, heated, and even a bit nasty (especially with Hoc). The rep system was used sensibly and no one was permanently (over two years in my case}' bumped' to the top with a vicious message directed not only to me but to my family as well.

Well over two years ago a member, who admits to being a manipulator, has continually placed his message of hatred at the top of the member reputation board, which most of you, other than newcomers will be aware of. The issue; a piece written by me, some three years ago, questioning possible negative issues relating to gay marriage.
This person is very popular, something of a forum darling, and others began to express ill will towards me, simply to get on his band wagon. Now I am not claiming to be a saint, far from it, but I did try to resolve this issue, including an apology.

To answer Starkers question, I became the senile old twat, trouble maker, homophobe, stupid, unpleasant , serial whiner, while the person concerned became something of a cult hero. Sure ! I tried to ]address the issue as nauseum, when I could have just given up and left, but I persisted, perhaps stupidly given how thing have turned out. Not many would stay to see their name permanently at the top of one members personal hate list. Would you? The admin did nothing, (except temporarily ban and later restrict me) in keeping with their anything goes policy. At least Starkers did not encourage this unbalanced approach with 'high fives' for his faves and to further alienate me.

Ok that's the crux of the issue and why at least one valued member (Bemore) left.
Unless TTA sees fit to rule against the perpetual abuse of one member year ([u]year after [/u]which tends to encourage others to do likewise)'bumping up,' in support, along with the 'high fives' and other little slights I will be following Bemore's sound decision. enough Is enough, but enough is necessary.
What can happen to one, can happen to you member, including refusal of a user name change if you aren't pressing the right buttons.

Ultimatums are pretty meaningless unless you have power to back the words up, you know that right?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
06-07-2015, 05:58 PM
So dramatic!

[Image: large_fHho6JYYY0nRcETWSoeI19iZsNF.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
06-07-2015, 06:52 PM
RE the admin, lets just see how the votes are by 13/7/15 my fourth year here.
Thank you my dear Anjelle for pointing out my error.
I'm sure Seth would like to see his forum managed by well informed and balanced people.
06-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Even more drama.

Mr Woof. Let it go. Otherwise it's like watching Divine on stage.

[Image: divine.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-07-2015, 07:20 PM
(06-07-2015 06:52 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  RE the admin, lets just see how the votes are by 13/7/15 my fourth year here.
I'm sure Seth would like to see his forum managed by well informed and balanced people.

I Heart threats! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
06-07-2015, 07:27 PM
(06-07-2015 06:58 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Even more drama.

Mr Woof. Let it go. Otherwise it's like watching Divine on stage.

[Image: divine.jpg]

Divine was OK! can think of worseDrinking Beverage
06-07-2015, 07:29 PM
(06-07-2015 07:20 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 06:52 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  RE the admin, lets just see how the votes are by 13/7/15 my fourth year here.

I Heart threats! Big Grin

At least I don't send dumb abusive pms to folks......................Drinking Beverage