Um.... Hi there

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Exclamation Um.... Hi there
Let`s just get this out of the way all together. I`m not an Atheist, but I`m pretty close. Eerily close. I am what`s called a teapot agnostic, which for those who have never heard the term before means I believe in the possibility of A God, but I find it very unlikely, however I will not put forth my final judgement until all the facts are in. It`s not being wishy washy, it`s being a scientist!!!! (That`s right a scientist, because sesame street told me that everyone can be a scientist) However I do live my life day to day as if God or Odin, don`t exist. I find it very likely that when we die, we revert back into separate molecules and continue on in existence by feeding other things, not by going up to heaven for eternal servitude...
I also believe that if there is a God, I really don`t want much to do with it anyhow, seems a bit jerky to me.
And finally I am extremely anti-religion, as I believe it does more harm to the world than any other one thing, more than politics even!!! (WOW), and it always will, it can do no better than it has done.
I believe more stuff, but this is only an introduction, not my life`s story. I`ll search the forum for that thread later.
Oh and I am 27 (So old already) I have a common law spouce and a beautiful daughter named Harley-Quinn (I know I`m a dork) who I will raise to believe whatever she likes, to hell with everyone else!Big Grin

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 02:43 PM
RE: Um.... Hi there
There's no need to go apologetic about your atheism

You are clearly agnostic and leave the door open for a deity. Since you don't worship that deity, you are as atheist as the rest of us.

The problem with the term atheist is that it describes a negative. No-god. Not only am I an atheist I am also an a-stampcollect-ist and a a-soccerplayer-ist. The negative in the word is what confuses many people.

Welcome!

Piece of grilled baby?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
26-05-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:That`s right a scientist, because sesame street told me that everyone can be a scientist
Don't believe everything Beaker tells ya. Tongue Now Animal on the other hairy paw...

Quote:a beautiful daughter named Harley-Quinn (I know I`m a dork)
But do you ride? (A Harley)

Welcome to TTA. Smile And if you think 27 is old, you really are insulting the rest of us who are 135! Wink
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the forum.
As long as you reject a theistic interpretation of a divinity and refuse to associate with rituals in said theism , you are , an atheist. Whether a deist or agnostic , or strong atheist or weak atheist doesn't matter. You're one of us.
Hey , the particles in our body were drifting the cosmos for billions of years , I think that's justified.

(26-05-2011 02:43 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Piece of grilled baby?
Your daughter will be a horror writer , yes ? You'll show her the Saw movies when she's 2 ? Tongue

(26-05-2011 02:44 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
Gassy , no disrespect , but do you see the disgusting mental image you have give me ... Sad

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
27-05-2011, 07:52 PM
(26-05-2011 02:44 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
Quote:That`s right a scientist, because sesame street told me that everyone can be a scientist
Don't believe everything Beaker tells ya. Tongue Now Animal on the other hairy paw...

Welcome to TTA. Smile And if you think 27 is old, you really are insulting the rest of us who are 135! Wink

Beaker is from the Muppets, another Jim Henson venture.
Unfortunately I don't ride a bike yet, but I will own my own someday, hopefully in he near future.
27 is old. Sorry.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2011, 04:12 AM
Hey Lucradis,

Welcome to the forum. As far as I'm concerned, you're an atheist. I think most of us aren't 100% sure God doesn't exist. Even Richard Dawkins said he was a 6 out of 7 on the atheist scale in 'the god delusion'.

If God would chose to appear to this world and show us his magic actually works, we'd all stop being atheists... or contact a psychiatrist to cure those hallucinations Tongue. Until that very moment, we're going to act as if he doesn't. And if I look at all the evidence against him, I'm 99.99% sure he won't make a surprise appearance, though.

If we'd be 100% sure, we'd be just as fanatical as some theists. We can't be 100% sure that the sky wizard that does't adhere to the laws of science doesn't exist. Same goes for Russel's teapot or fairies; we can't disprove it, but most of us think it's highly unlikely.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)