Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2015, 07:49 AM
Um No

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2015, 07:56 AM
RE: Um No
The full music video doesn't make it any better. I caught wind of this a few months ago on YouTube (Philip DeFranco I think). It reminds me of how damaging our societal messaging is.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
12-05-2015, 08:34 AM
I liked it, my wife didn't really appreciate it though.
[+] 2 users Like Tomasia's post
12-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Huh. Well ain't that something. You've given me something to chew on as I sit in the trail parking lot. Gonna go run and think about this.

What I find disturbing is that I probably wouldn't have thought much of this song hearing it on the radio. This is my region's version of feminism. Unsure

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
12-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Um No
Good to see them chicks got a purpose in life.

In other news, WTF?!
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
12-05-2015, 08:50 AM
(12-05-2015 08:41 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Good to see them chicks got a purpose in life.

In other news, WTF?!

Seriously, I'm so glad Raelynn touched on all of the important aspects of being a woman: like singing in the front seat of a guy's car, wearing a pretty skirt (for him), and lighting up in the dark for him. *eye roll*
12-05-2015, 08:51 AM
(12-05-2015 08:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I liked it, my wife didn't really appreciate it though.

Why am I not surprised lol Big Grin
12-05-2015, 08:55 AM
Thoughts I Had While I Listened to This:

- Ugh. It's got a country sound to it. Already want to puke.
- Just when I thought I couldn't get anymore nauseous, that first verse already makes me want to punch a baby.
- "I'm about to rock your world?" Glad to know my primary purpose here is for man's pleasure.
- I hate how catchy this song is. Dodgy

Fuck. It's shit like this that set the feminist movement back by 50 years. I feel compelled to read the comments on this video but I'm afraid of what might rage inside of me. Consider

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
[+] 2 users Like kristenkjordan's post
12-05-2015, 08:57 AM
(12-05-2015 07:56 AM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  The full music video doesn't make it any better. I caught wind of this a few months ago on YouTube (Philip DeFranco I think). It reminds me of how damaging our societal messaging is.

Yeah, it is damaging. This is the kind of thing that the church I used to belong to would have loved though.

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
12-05-2015, 09:04 AM
(12-05-2015 08:41 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Huh. Well ain't that something. You've given me something to chew on as I sit in the trail parking lot. Gonna go run and think about this.

What I find disturbing is that I probably wouldn't have thought much of this song hearing it on the radio. This is my region's version of feminism. Unsure

One of my christian friends sent me this song because it was playing in a Curves she goes to. I guess the owner intermingles christian songs into the song mix while you are working out.