Um No

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2015, 12:06 PM
RE: Um No

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
12-05-2015, 12:30 PM
(12-05-2015 12:06 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

I think that clip is one of my new favorite things Big Grin

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
12-05-2015, 05:23 PM
(12-05-2015 09:45 AM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 08:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, it is damaging. This is the kind of thing that the church I used to belong to would have loved though.

For me, hearing her speak is more disturbing than the young ladies song. I try to adjust for time spent on earth and life experiences, though neither case is a promising one

I agree. I know several christian women who try and emulate Candace in their daily lives.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
12-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Any woman happy singing that crap is no woman for me. I not only want, but need a partnership of equals in order to feel the fullness of love. I don't want a woman who will submit to me -- I want a woman who will smile when I'm right, and correct me when I'm wrong. I've had docile and deferential women as lovers and I don't trust that at all.

I am lucky, and very happy, that I have a confident woman who is every bit my equal.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-05-2015, 07:16 AM
(12-05-2015 07:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I want a woman who will smile when I'm right, and correct me when I'm wrong.

I like this. My boyfriend only likes to focus on when I point out he's wrong. Nevermind all the "smiles" that I've given him that he fails to notice. Rolleyes

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
[+] 1 user Likes kristenkjordan's post
14-05-2015, 08:04 AM
(12-05-2015 12:06 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Laugh out load Ahahahaha... Too much.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-05-2015, 11:02 AM
I been thinking about this for a little bit recently, and I think women are just confusing creatures. My wife hates the very idea of gender roles. When I troll her with passages about the role of women from Paul, I risk sleeping on the coach. She despises the idea of being putting in a box, about having some predefined gender roles, protesting the traditional roles and values associated with woman.

But in practice this all just smoke and mirrors. She doesn't like the idea of being put in a box, but she very much enjoys being in that box. She's protest being put in a box, while willfully putting herself in it, and enjoy herself the most while in that box. If there's a particular dynamic in our relationship in which she finds herself taking on traditional male roles, it's usually with a good serving of resentment.

I remember watching the movie The Loneliest Planet, and there's scene when someone sticks a gun up at the couple, and the man immediately hides behind his wife, before putting her behind him. Needless to say, his wife ended up not talking to him for awhile, and nearly slept with another man in the aftermath.

In my view there is something primordial about traditional male female dynamics, at least in some regards, where hardly anyone would be particularly content to see it erased, or reversed in the dynamics of their own relationships.

Though I'm not sure how that works in regards to non-hetrosexual relationship, if those dynamics still exist in some way even between these sorts of couples or not. But I guess that's a different question all together.
14-05-2015, 11:25 AM
(14-05-2015 11:02 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I been thinking about this for a little bit recently, and I think women are just confusing creatures. My wife hates the very idea of gender roles. When I troll her with passages about the role of women from Paul, I risk sleeping on the coach. She despises the idea of being putting in a box, about having some predefined gender roles, protesting the traditional roles and values associated with woman.

But in practice this all just smoke and mirrors. She doesn't like the idea of being put in a box, but she very much enjoys being in that box. She's protest being put in a box, while willfully putting herself in it, and enjoy herself the most while in that box. If there's a particular dynamic in our relationship in which she finds herself taking on traditional male roles, it's usually with a good serving of resentment.

I remember watching the movie The Loneliest Planet, and there's scene when someone sticks a gun up at the couple, and the man immediately hides behind his wife, before putting her behind him. Needless to say, his wife ended up not talking to him for awhile, and nearly slept with another man in the aftermath.

In my view there is something primordial about traditional male female dynamics, at least in some regards, where hardly anyone would be particularly content to see it erased, or reversed in the dynamics of their own relationships.

Though I'm not sure how that works in regards to non-hetrosexual relationship, if those dynamics still exist in some way even between these sorts of couples or not. But I guess that's a different question all together.

There is a difference between dictating to a woman how she should live her life and being chivalrous. To me, chivalry is not a man saying I don't think you can open this big 'ole door by yourself. To me, it's just saying, I'm doing something nice for you. I open doors for guys too--so it's a two way street. And if your bringing in fictional movies in terms of dealing with muggers--I'll raise you one Gina Carano.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-05-2015, 12:25 PM
(14-05-2015 11:25 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 11:02 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I been thinking about this for a little bit recently, and I think women are just confusing creatures. My wife hates the very idea of gender roles. When I troll her with passages about the role of women from Paul, I risk sleeping on the coach. She despises the idea of being putting in a box, about having some predefined gender roles, protesting the traditional roles and values associated with woman.

There is a difference between dictating to a woman how she should live her life and being chivalrous. To me, chivalry is not a man saying I don't think you can open this big 'ole door by yourself. To me, it's just saying, I'm doing something nice for you. I open doors for guys too--so it's a two way street. And if your bringing in fictional movies in terms of dealing with muggers--I'll raise you one Gina Carano.

Two way street would be respect or helping someone in need I think. Chivalry I would say is about how man acts towards woman, not other way around.

And what chivalry really is? Holding the door, pulling out chairs, hand-kiss? Or rather genuine respect? I think I would go with respect, though apart from hand-kiss - well, not entirelly - I do these.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-05-2015, 12:25 PM
(14-05-2015 07:16 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 07:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I want a woman who will smile when I'm right, and correct me when I'm wrong.

I like this. My boyfriend only likes to focus on when I point out he's wrong. Nevermind all the "smiles" that I've given him that he fails to notice. Rolleyes

It's hard sometimes, in the heat of an argument, to remember the times when you weren't criticized. That's a flaw I'm still working on myself: expressing my appreciation to the folks in my life who give me happiness. Part of that is noticing and being grateful for the little things.

A work in progress...
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post