Um No

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 12:38 PM
Um No
I open doors for women, elderly, and for those who need it (hands full, wheelchair-bound, etc). I don't do it because women can't open doors, not just because I was raised that way, but because I can and will. Yes, I've gotten yelled at it for it but won't stop doing it.

Same reason I was told when I started dating I had better walk my happy ass to her door and never honk the horn. I have been told by female friends to just honk when I arrive. Can't do it, no matter how hard I try.

I was mostly raised by a self-professed bitch. The reason I do those things is because I want a man to do that for my sisters and nieces. When my younger niece got her first little boyfriend, I clicked into uncle mode:

Does he open your doors?
Does he treat you right?
Does he treat you just as well when his friends are around?
Does he listen?

And so on. She giggled but knew I was serious. I told her, if he acts like a jackass when others are around, you dump him.

Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Clockwork's post
14-05-2015, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 03:43 PM by Nurse.)
RE: Um No
(14-05-2015 12:38 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I open doors for women, elderly, and for those who need it (hands full, wheelchair-bound, etc). I don't do it because women can't open doors, not just because I was raised that way, but because I can and will. Yes, I've gotten yelled at it for it but won't stop doing it.

Same reason I was told when I started dating I had better walk my happy ass to her door and never honk the horn. I have been told by female friends to just honk when I arrive. Can't do it, no matter how hard I try.

I was mostly raised by a self-professed bitch. The reason I do those things is because I want a man to do that for my sisters and nieces. When my younger niece got her first little boyfriend, I clicked into uncle mode:

Does he open your doors?
Does he treat you right?
Does he treat you just as well when his friends are around?
Does he listen?

And so on. She giggled but knew I was serious. I told her, if he acts like a jackass when others are around, you dump him.

Smile

I only dated one guy that did those things consistently. I was such a fool to end things with him - his is the only heart I ever broke, and I had no idea of the depth of his feelings until the moment I broke it. "The one that got away" for sure.

Now that I'm older and wiser, I know what I'm looking for, and I'm not settling.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply