Um the fuck is this.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 06:20 AM
RE: Um the fuck is this.
Therefore, God.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
12-05-2014, 06:28 PM
(11-05-2014 07:37 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...ome-fusion

From souce: If the purported fusion site sequence actually represents a DNA binding site motif and is key to the function and expression of the DDXL11L2 gene, what types of transcripts are produced and how would a second promoter site in the first intron of the gene be important in the process? The UCSC Genome Browser shows two consensus transcripts, for the DDXL11L2 gene, both of which contain three exons, but only one contains the first exon directly 5' to (in front of) the intron containing the putative fusion sequence. In the the NCBI nucleotide database, these DDX11L2 gene sequences correspond to accessions NR_024005.2 and NR_024004.1), with RNA transcript lengths of 1,668 and 2,158 nucleotides, respectively. The longest transcript of 2,158 bases maps to the entire length of the DDXL11L2 gene (fig. 2A, 2B).
[Image: gene-expression-listing.gif]

I wonder, can I e-mail this to geneticist and put it trough peer review?Consider
Ah, from AiG...
Print it on some soft paper. It looks like a good toilet paper pattern. Angel

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
12-05-2014, 06:30 PM
(12-05-2014 06:28 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 07:37 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...ome-fusion

From souce: If the purported fusion site sequence actually represents a DNA binding site motif and is key to the function and expression of the DDXL11L2 gene, what types of transcripts are produced and how would a second promoter site in the first intron of the gene be important in the process? The UCSC Genome Browser shows two consensus transcripts, for the DDXL11L2 gene, both of which contain three exons, but only one contains the first exon directly 5' to (in front of) the intron containing the putative fusion sequence. In the the NCBI nucleotide database, these DDX11L2 gene sequences correspond to accessions NR_024005.2 and NR_024004.1), with RNA transcript lengths of 1,668 and 2,158 nucleotides, respectively. The longest transcript of 2,158 bases maps to the entire length of the DDXL11L2 gene (fig. 2A, 2B).
[Image: gene-expression-listing.gif]

I wonder, can I e-mail this to geneticist and put it trough peer review?Consider
Ah, from AiG...
Print it on some soft paper. It looks like a good toilet paper pattern. Angel

Its not worthy of even my shit

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
12-05-2014, 07:32 PM
[Image: 35cerns.png]

hehe I just made this in paint, ahhh technology wins!

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
15-05-2014, 02:02 PM
I'm just going to quote myself.

(30-01-2013 05:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, posting anything from AiG is like posting from a children's coloring book.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
15-05-2014, 03:48 PM
(15-05-2014 02:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm just going to quote myself.

(30-01-2013 05:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, posting anything from AiG is like posting from a children's coloring book.

I dunno, atleast the AiG is moderately entertaining. Can't say the same about these:

[Image: teapartycoloringbook.jpg]

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
15-05-2014, 04:01 PM
(15-05-2014 02:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm just going to quote myself.

Yabut, children's colouring books have some educational content.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
16-05-2014, 05:20 AM
Answers Research Journal is a "journal" sponsored by AiG so that they can claim their papers are "peer-reviewed" (well, they are...it's just a question of what a "peer" is).

Here's a bit from Nature...

Published online 23 January 2008 | Nature 451, 382-383 (2008) | doi:10.1038/451382b

News
Creationists launch 'science' journal

Research within a biblical framework to be peer reviewed.

Geoff Brumfiel

The organization that last year opened a US$27-million creation museum in Kentucky has started its own 'peer-reviewed' scientific research journal.

On 9 January, Answers in Genesis, a Christian ministry run by evangelical Ken Ham, launched Answers Research Journal (ARJ), a free, online publication devoted to research on “recent Creation and the global Flood within a biblical framework”. Papers will be peer reviewed by those who “support the positions taken by the journal”, according to editor-in-chief Andrew Snelling, a geologist based in Brisbane, Australia.

“There have been these kinds of publications in the past,” says Keith Miller, a geologist at Kansas State University in Manhattan, who follows creationism. For the most part, he says, the work is ignored by the scientific community. But those without a science background, including some policy-makers, may not be able to judge the difference in value of a paper in ARJ and a genuine science journal.

Recent court rulings make it all but impossible for intelligent design, a belief that a higher being shaped evolution, to be taught in US public schools. Nevertheless, creationists still try to discourage the teaching of evolution and other scientific theories at the local level, according to Eugenie Scott, executive director of the National Center for Science Education, an education watchdog in Oakland, California. Publications such as ARJ are part of the continued battle to excise science from local curricula, she says. “Creation science is alive and well and appealing to a substantial minority of the American public.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's a link to the full article

http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080123/f...1382b.html

The guy who "wrote" this article is a geologist BTW. I doubt he has the expertise to write it. I can't say because I don't have the expertise to review it. But I suspect it's chemical word salad.
13-06-2014, 05:54 AM
I find it amusing how on one hand... they credit their great designer for building the "system" to function all on it's own... and at the same time, they promote the idea that the great designer also flips these little switches every where making the changes intentionally...

oh right... god can do anything Facepalm