Um ... what do you think of this human right report, I wonder

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 07:44 AM
RE: Um ... what do you think of this human right report, I wonder
(03-03-2014 02:11 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 12:38 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Hmm. Let me summarize:

China: Here is a list of bad things the USA has done.
Chas: Some of those items are specious.
frankksj: So you're saying America hasn't done any bad things?

Making up shit as always. I have the luxury of not paraphrasing and post below Chas's actual, verbatim quote. Chas did NOT say 'here is a list of specious items'. Rather, Chas identified one specious item and used that as an excuse to dismiss the entire report. Chas did not acknowledge even ONE point from China's report as being valid, so your entire strawman is invalid.

I agree with Chas it's absurd that China characterizes a school shooting as a human rights violation. But, there ARE a lot of legitimate points in that report and the situation will never improve if the US cannot accept valid criticism.

(01-03-2014 08:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  The report lost all credibility right there. This is not an example of a country's 'human rights violation'.
One can only conclude that the authors do not understand the meaning of 'human rights violation'.

I did not dismiss the report, I merely said that given that the very first 'human rights violation' was nothing of the kind, the report lacks credibility.

I did not say that nothing in it was correct. So piss off.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-03-2014, 07:49 AM
(04-03-2014 07:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 02:11 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Making up shit as always. I have the luxury of not paraphrasing and post below Chas's actual, verbatim quote. Chas did NOT say 'here is a list of specious items'. Rather, Chas identified one specious item and used that as an excuse to dismiss the entire report. Chas did not acknowledge even ONE point from China's report as being valid, so your entire strawman is invalid.

I agree with Chas it's absurd that China characterizes a school shooting as a human rights violation. But, there ARE a lot of legitimate points in that report and the situation will never improve if the US cannot accept valid criticism.

I did not dismiss the report, I merely said that given that the very first 'human rights violation' was nothing of the kind, the report lacks credibility.

Boom.

That's right, I am bringing it back, baby! Big Grin

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
04-03-2014, 07:53 AM
(04-03-2014 07:49 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 07:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  I did not dismiss the report, I merely said that given that the very first 'human rights violation' was nothing of the kind, the report lacks credibility.

Boom.

That's right, I am bringing it back, baby! Big Grin

No! Bad! Go back and bury it in the woods where we left it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-03-2014, 07:50 PM
(04-03-2014 07:36 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Sorry HU, you didn't answer my question well. You appear to label open minded with left wing and closed minded with right wing which is a false association. There are plenty of leftwingers that refuse to acknowledge points made by the middle and right and vice versa. Rarely are you able to bucket anyone so completely and cleanly. For example I have a mixture of opinions that lean to the left and to the right.

Do you really mean right and left wing or do you mean a state of mind? I suggest you address the topic without labeling the person.

Look, you asked a question and I provided an answer. If you consider that there's something interesting in my answer yet not clear enough, simplify your question and ask it again straightly. If you don't think much of my answer, then I am afraid I am not able to answer your questions "well" enough (is there a standard answer or not ?).

In case I might answer your question not so well again, I must admit that I don't know exactly what you are interested to know and have to beg you to restate you question in simpler English, please.

Want something? Then do something.