Um, where is....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: Um, where is....
(27-12-2014 11:37 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Sure, go for it. Read some of my posts, and see if you can boil my main points down in to the kind of concise summary you seem to be seeking.

This exercise will help you understand how interested you actually are in this investigation, and it might help me understand how well I'm expressing myself.

If you wind up putting some real work in to this, who knows, I might do so too. Anything could happen! :-)

Right...

So... can I ask for a summation of your main points in regards to a working, legible explanation of your premise please?

Much cheers to all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2014, 11:45 AM
So do you understand now why I decided to not put much work in to responding to your request?
27-12-2014, 12:18 PM
(27-12-2014 11:45 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  So do you understand now why I decided to not put much work in to responding to your request?

No?

Is my request... bad? To hard?

I am failing to understand you.

Much cheers to all.
27-12-2014, 12:37 PM
(25-12-2014 01:04 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 12:46 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Check out this guy. Same stance, roughly the tactics. Same ennui ensued.

Could you please summarize this guys main thesis in a few sentences? This will help me understand if you know what my thesis is. Thanks.

If it turns out his thesis is the same as mine, that's fine no problem, could you please summarize your arguments against his thesis?

Could you show how those arguments have been responded to and debunked with careful reason, and not just the flood of emotion driven nothing that is clogging my threads?

What I'm seeing from here is that some of you wish to assert my points are boring and obviously wrong etc, but you don't seem to be able to do anything other than assert that.

Prove me wrong please, thanks!

(27-12-2014 11:37 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 11:27 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Can I ask for a working, legible explanation of your premise please?

Sure, go for it. Read some of my posts, and see if you can boil my main points down in to the kind of concise summary you seem to be seeking.

This exercise will help you understand how interested you actually are in this investigation, and it might help me understand how well I'm expressing myself.

If you wind up putting some real work in to this, who knows, I might do so too. Anything could happen! :-)

(27-12-2014 11:45 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  So do you understand now why I decided to not put much work in to responding to your request?

So... meme time? O.K. cool Big Grin
[Image: 1334693231024_7054174.png]

[+] 10 users Like TheGulegon's post
27-12-2014, 01:03 PM

[Image: Condescending.jpg]

[Image: Cactus-of-all-pricks.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
27-12-2014, 01:24 PM
[Image: Throwing-poo.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
27-12-2014, 04:18 PM
(27-12-2014 10:47 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 10:40 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So your premise is: You can't use reason because that would cause infinite regress.

Apologies, no, that has nothing to do with my premise.

So you haven't responded to Hafnof's excellent post and just read the first sentence?

But then again, I am not sure how anybody could refute what he has said. Maybe you didn't understand it?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
27-12-2014, 06:00 PM
(27-12-2014 12:18 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  No?

Is my request... bad? To hard?

I am failing to understand you.

I'm putting as much work in to my reply as you are putting in to your question.

You want to know about my positions. Ok, thanks for your interest. I've already typed about 6 billion words all over the forum, so perhaps do a bit of research, conduct your investigation, and see what you can learn from the data that is already readily available.

If you should choose to do this, and you try to summarize my position in your own words, this will demonstrate you actually are interested.

If you choose not to, that's ok, no problem. That will demonstrate your interest is limited, and so my replies will be limited to.

This is my last post on this matter. You do the homework or you don't. Either way is ok with me.
27-12-2014, 06:04 PM
(27-12-2014 04:18 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So you haven't responded to Hafnof's excellent post and just read the first sentence?

Apologies, but I'm doing a lot of reading and typing in multiple threads. When I saw Hafnof had no idea what my ideas are, and was responding to something I've not said, I did triage and moved along to more promising territory. Nothing personal, just time management.

If anyone wishes to run Hafnof's ideas up the flag pole again, maybe we'll have better luck the next time?
27-12-2014, 06:44 PM
(27-12-2014 06:04 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 04:18 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So you haven't responded to Hafnof's excellent post and just read the first sentence?

Apologies, but I'm doing a lot of reading and typing in multiple threads. When I saw Hafnof had no idea what my ideas are, and was responding to something I've not said, I did triage and moved along to more promising territory. Nothing personal, just time management.

If anyone wishes to run Hafnof's ideas up the flag pole again, maybe we'll have better luck the next time?

Translation: I don't have a response that is anything near coherent, so I'm going to act like I'm too busy and dodge your request.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post