Ummm... Hi guys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Ummm... Hi guys
I found this site through mention of it on the Thinking Atheist Podcast, which I've become a fan of quite recently but have taken a great interest in. I'm actually not an atheist ( lol, don't throw anything at me. I'm not a religious nut either!) I've basically come to the conclusion that there is some sort of "god" for lack of a better word out there somewhere, but heck if I or anyone else really understands what it is or how it works. At this point after thinking things over well in life little would surprise and in all honesty if someone did convince me there was no god at all, I hardly think it would be a great shock. In any case I LOVE points of view and other ways of thinking. And in my short time as a non-religious spiritual person pulled somehow toward the outer fringes of atheist interests, I've realized that I absolutely love the scientific way of viewing things. I've never seen either how so many Animals could live eat and poop for forty days on Noah's arc, how come the lions din;t eat the elk, or for that matter why a loving god would choose to drawn innocent children in a flood in the first place. Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: Ummm... Hi guys
Welcome aboard.

However I need to tell you a secret. Something they left out of the bible.
Noah kidnapped hundreds of innocent children just before the flood. It didn't take him long, I mean the guy got all of those animals in such a short period of time, little wimpy kids are easy targets.
He did this for the meat. He fed the children to his family and to the animals. Which makes me wonder why christians care so much about the atheist diet of baby?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
18-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Welcome Smile

There's plenty of 'food-for-thought' around here. You may enjoy enlightenment (as I most certainly have) and even have some fun whilst doing so Tongue
NB: If you have young infant/s be very careful around GirlyMan as he has a voracious appetite! Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
18-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Lucradis, after I stopping laughing about that post of yours, it occurred to me to wonder if maybe those small children might have been better put to use in repopulating the Earth, after they'd grown up. Afterall, empty planet no human life anywhere and only eight people to fill it up again, right. A few kidnapped children could grow to adulthood and help the cause a bit. Big Grin

Thanks for the lovely welcomes guys. This seems like a friendly forum.
19-01-2012, 12:05 AM
(18-01-2012 09:25 PM)AstralMystic Wrote:  Thanks for the lovely welcomes guys. This seems like a friendly forum.

Haha

Nah it's full of vulgar fascist = jock types who never change their disgusting immoral eurocentric = trash garbage western views.

Just read this 1000000000 page document by wonderful amazing doctor sir Mohammed Iqbal. He was the best of all doctors, challenging western thought practises and fucking the queen of England herself while laughing "Ha ha ha ha ha".

Sorry, I've been missing another forum ex-member. Well not missing... just... he really did have a unique style Tongue As long as you have trash garbage views you should fit right in Smile Even some people without trash garbage views seem to manage.

Welcome Smile
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
19-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Welcome aboard.

Don't forget that there were giants and dragons back then too. We can't prove it and all.. but it happened. Totally.

Every time someone mentions giants and the bible I often am reminded of the movie Krull... and think of the giant cyclops guy... "Rel"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PnFQIUfles
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
19-01-2012, 02:06 AM
(18-01-2012 08:51 PM)AstralMystic Wrote:  I found this site through mention of it on the Thinking Atheist Podcast, which I've become a fan of quite recently but have taken a great interest in. I'm actually not an atheist ( lol, don't throw anything at me. I'm not a religious nut either!) I've basically come to the conclusion that there is some sort of "god" for lack of a better word out there somewhere, but heck if I or anyone else really understands what it is or how it works. At this point after thinking things over well in life little would surprise and in all honesty if someone did convince me there was no god at all, I hardly think it would be a great shock. In any case I LOVE points of view and other ways of thinking. And in my short time as a non-religious spiritual person pulled somehow toward the outer fringes of atheist interests, I've realized that I absolutely love the scientific way of viewing things. I've never seen either how so many Animals could live eat and poop for forty days on Noah's arc, how come the lions din;t eat the elk, or for that matter why a loving god would choose to drawn innocent children in a flood in the first place. Huh

We're going to be asking you why you think there's some sort of god. If you love the scientific way of doing things, then you'll find you need to provide evidence. At least, some of us will.Cool

Just sayin'.

Oh, and welcome, too.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
19-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Welcome! I think you'll like it here.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-01-2012, 08:23 AM
(19-01-2012 02:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  We're going to be asking you why you think there's some sort of god. If you love the scientific way of doing things, then you'll find you need to provide evidence. At least, some of us will.Cool

Just sayin'.

Oh, and welcome, too.

Are you asking me then? lol, Okay, I don't have to go to work for awhile yet. I've got time to try to do this one. A god, (and by god, I mean some sort of force in the universe that created us and keeps everything in order, not the god of the bible. I'd be the first to side with atheists one that matter and state and I can't make heads or tails of that one,) certainly cannot be proven completely in any form. That's what makes the question of evidence so difficult. This site is going to force me to think, which is great.

In any case, it seems based on ideas like the law of attraction, that the mind does have a certain degree of power to shape the world around it. I believe I've seen this first hand. Perhaps the 'god' people speak of is really only a higher aspect of the creative force within all people. Still though if that is true, it's still something above and beyond ourselves that we cannot understand or explain. I'll admit that maybe that's not god at all. It might only show that we are more powerful than we were ever formally told.

I see I've basically proven YOUR point. Honestly and strange as it sounds, I'm okay with that. To be completely honest, and I've realized that over the last few days, I've been questioning so much more these days. Question the idea that perhaps it is all really just our own mind after all that allows such "devine events" as so many report. I came to understand years ago that mainstream religion is basically just a form of control over the people through fear. I've thought that various times in my life that I've felt the presence of god but that's unprovable and I'll be the first to admit that. Again, I'd be willing to say it could well be the power of a human mind, mine or that of someone else instead.
19-01-2012, 10:03 AM
(19-01-2012 08:23 AM)AstralMystic Wrote:  
(19-01-2012 02:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  We're going to be asking you why you think there's some sort of god. If you love the scientific way of doing things, then you'll find you need to provide evidence. At least, some of us will.Cool

Just sayin'.

Oh, and welcome, too.

Are you asking me then? lol, Okay, I don't have to go to work for awhile yet. I've got time to try to do this one. A god, (and by god, I mean some sort of force in the universe that created us and keeps everything in order, not the god of the bible. I'd be the first to side with atheists one that matter and state and I can't make heads or tails of that one,) certainly cannot be proven completely in any form. That's what makes the question of evidence so difficult. This site is going to force me to think, which is great.

Good start.

Quote:In any case, it seems based on ideas like the law of attraction,

There is no evidence for a Law of Attraction.

Quote:that the mind does have a certain degree of power to shape the world around it.

Again, no evidence.

Quote: I believe I've seen this first hand. Perhaps the 'god' people speak of is really only a higher aspect of the creative force within all people. Still though if that is true, it's still something above and beyond ourselves that we cannot understand or explain. I'll admit that maybe that's not god at all. It might only show that we are more powerful than we were ever formally told.

I see I've basically proven YOUR point. Honestly and strange as it sounds, I'm okay with that. To be completely honest, and I've realized that over the last few days, I've been questioning so much more these days. Question the idea that perhaps it is all really just our own mind after all that allows such "devine events" as so many report. I came to understand years ago that mainstream religion is basically just a form of control over the people through fear. I've thought that various times in my life that I've felt the presence of god but that's unprovable and I'll be the first to admit that. Again, I'd be willing to say it could well be the power of a human mind, mine or that of someone else instead.

OK, only two strikes - you're still at bat.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post