Ummmm what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2016, 09:55 PM
RE: Ummmm what?
(24-02-2016 09:52 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 09:33 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Landover was taken down by angry xians. They basically flooded the site until it crashed. A very bad day.

I've been meaning to join that site.
I still haven't finished reading the wall of text on their terms and conditions page, though. lol
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/faq.php?f...aq#faq_tos

Jesus, insta words. Do they not preach formatting in church?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2016, 09:59 PM
(24-02-2016 09:52 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 09:33 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Landover was taken down by angry xians. They basically flooded the site until it crashed. A very bad day.

I've been meaning to join that site.
I still haven't finished reading the wall of text on their terms and conditions page, though. lol

You aren't supposed to read the TAC dude. Just take it on faith.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
24-02-2016, 10:02 PM
(24-02-2016 09:55 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 09:52 PM)cactus Wrote:  I've been meaning to join that site.

Jesus, insta words. Do they not preach formatting in church?

Loved this bit...
Quote:You, however, agree to speak in God's language, American English.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-02-2016, 10:05 PM
(24-02-2016 09:59 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 09:52 PM)cactus Wrote:  I've been meaning to join that site.

You aren't supposed to read the TAC dude. Just take it on faith.

Quote: We invite you to join us with a sense of fellowship that you are among brothers and sisters who wish nothing more than to share the good news that Jesus Christ is going to send every single person on Earth who doesn't believe in Him, straight to Hell. If you are saved, please feel free to interact with us. If you are unsaved, please leave now. Sometimes the Devil and his minions creep into our message boards to try to slander us and mock us.

Quote: If Jesus tells us that it is offensive, we will use His holy power to remove it.

Quote:We ask you to register for your protection.

Quote:We operate in conjunction with the Department of Faith. You consent and specifically permit us or our agents the right to turn on your computer, microphone, video camera or any other device remotely and without your knowledge. You grant us permission to read your messages, email and do forensic analysis on your computer and physically search your dwelling, property, place of abode, vehicles(s) or other mode of transportation and those of your friends, relatives acquaintances (and neighbors within a reasonable distance) without further legal requirement.

This is just from like the first paragraph. I would not accept this at all lol

Edit: Also that last one is pretty much you giving them permission to spy on you.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
24-02-2016, 10:12 PM
(24-02-2016 10:05 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Edit: Also that last one is pretty much you giving them permission to spy on you.

and my neighbors Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
24-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Quote:Your fate rests solely with God, not us! Any and all complaints or disagreements must be resolved through the power of prayer and no other solution shall be used by you. YOU WAIVE ALL RIGHTS, BE THEY STATUTORY OR PURSUANT TO YOUR STATE OR FEDERAL CONSTITUTION, TO A TRIAL BY JURY. YOU WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO PARTICIPATE IN OR REPRESENT A CLASS ACTION.

Pretty much if your computer gets fucked by using their website, they are not responsible and the only action you can legally take is prayer.

Edit: Also if you do sue, they get to choose what you wear to court.

Quote:You further agree that we may select, in our sole discretion, the outfits you shall wear to court including, without limitation, clown makeup and bondage paraphernalia.

24-02-2016, 10:18 PM
That's a satire site, right?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
24-02-2016, 10:21 PM
(24-02-2016 10:18 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  That's a satire site, right?

No, it's real. Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
24-02-2016, 10:21 PM

Blame Banjo.

He's one of the authors.

True story.

Yes

24-02-2016, 10:23 PM

You would think so

Quote:If you disagree with anything we say you are wrong and you hereby admit you are at fault.

Quote:If you are not a Baptist fundamentalist who believes the True Christians of Landover Baptist are the sole representatives of God's authority on earth and in the known and unknown universe, your soul is forfeit and you will be dismissed, damned, denounced, deported, defamed, harassed, harried, ridiculed, and otherwise rebuked to Hell as God commands us to do through his holy scripture! You have no rights whatsoever; we owe you no respect or equal time for your satanic beliefs and complaints to anyone except the supreme authority, God, are illegal, immoral, sinful and heretical! We do not hate anyone or preach hatred! We love and believe God's literal word as it is written verbatim in the KJV1611 (authorized) Bible.

Quote:By reading this, you hereby agree to grant Landover an unrestricted and permanent ownership and right to any material on any computer you own or operate, and any computers connected to any networks you may have access to, legally or illegally.

Woops, looks like I am in deep trouble

Quote:By simply having read at least ONE WORD of these terms of service you have already agreed to all them whether or not you register. You agree and undertake never to reveal a word of this secret TOS under penalty of immediate damnation. If damnation is not part of your belief system, you agree to convert to a belief system involving damnation. You agree that you do not access this site on behalf of a government agency, nor pursuant to any criminal conspiracy.