Unanswered questions by Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: Unanswered questions by Creationists
Ok quantum mechanist, tell me then what was before the two molecules that rubbed together creating intense heat enough to start the big bang? How did the two molecules get there?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 01:17 AM by Sceptical Prophet.)
(26-02-2013 12:24 AM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  So what youguys are sayin is that individualy youguys are actually goin out there everyday to preach your "facts" to murderers... Im not talking about actual scientists that u read about or see on tv.., im talking about you individually... what do YOU do to try to change a murderous minds everyday?
I find it funny that you talk as if you personally go and meet up with murderers and try to change their minds.

I pay taxes, I contribute to charity, I spread knowledge and combat ignorance - both scientific and religious - and those that I do bring into the world of intellectualism benefit by supporting things, like I do, that actually have a contribution to society, such as medical research, lobbying for funding in real education, science, etc.

Oh and in terms of "actual scientists that you read about or see on T.V." my parents are both the senior-most physicists in my country so there's that too.

You want a perfect example of how useless religious people are to society? There's a group of theists that stand outside the train station for the entire day reading bible verses. The activity is an ongoing demonstration against abortion. For the last year that I've seen this going on, I haven't seen a single passer-by pay them any attention. They waste days achieving nothing (and we don't even get to the debate about whether abortion is bad). You know what? If you actually want to help, why don't you go work and donate that money to children who are ALREADY alive and suffering, rather than preaching to your own kind about abortion and providing zero benefit to society. In fact, these people don't have jobs considering the time they spend there and churches are tax exempt so if anything, they're costing money that could be spent helping others. Talk about a useless drain on society.

Oh and, if all humans are born into sin, aren't you the evil one for insisting that the foetus be born?

Science, logic and how they destroy religious arguments @ http://scepticalprophet.wordpress.com/

To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.
- Isaac Asimov.
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
28-02-2013, 01:27 AM
(28-02-2013 12:56 AM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  Ok quantum mechanist, tell me then what was before the two molecules that rubbed together creating intense heat enough to start the big bang? How did the two molecules get there?

Easy.

From a parallel universe that operates in a different (faster or slower) time dimension.

When the 'now' of the other universe and the 'now' of our universe coincided, the molecules crossed over.

Any one of Force or Mass or Acceleration is all that is needed to kick off the F=MA equation. That moment was the start of time in our universe and due to momentum, mass increases (as does acceleration) as matter gathers mass through the Higgs field.

As the volume of the universe increases (at an accelerating rate) the mass per volume will decrease until the ripples (peaks and troughs being matter and anti-matter) of the universe will subside like the settling of the surface of a lake and we will return to the steady state of nothingness (potential matter, energy, forces etc.). Meanwhile, some of our matter has crossed over to disturb the surface of another lake starting that universe going.

We cannot see the matter in that new universe because it's time-rate is slower or faster than ours. We can only measure its existence as Dark Matter.

I thought that was obvious.

28-02-2013, 02:02 AM
Ok so now you peak of these two other universes... how did they start?
28-02-2013, 02:06 AM
And please i already know about how your big bang theory works so please just give me an answer without trying to credify yourself by writing unnecessary long quotes from the internet... so how did these universes start that coincided?
28-02-2013, 02:22 AM
(28-02-2013 02:06 AM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  And please i already know about how your big bang theory works so please just give me an answer without trying to credify yourself by writing unnecessary long quotes from the internet... so how did these universes start that coincided?

If you had watched the video an made and made an actual attempt to understand, instead of clinging on to you ignorance (because your God lives in your ignorance), you would already have your answer.

That short enough for you? Or are three sentences too much of a strain for your brain?

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
28-02-2013, 02:39 AM
You know that, at this point, you're just being trolled, right? Some of PJ's questions are just too blatantly insipid to be anything but provocative trolling.

However, to his credit, his last question is a good one. I think it was an accident, but it was good anyway. So I'll answer it.

Where did the parallel universes in different times come from (if they exist; it's only one hypothesis)? I don't know. If they don't exist, then where did this universe come from? I don't know. What was here first? I don't know. What caused the big bang? I don't know.

And neither does any scientist. They have hypotheses, sure, but none of them know. And just like me, they freely admit that they don't know.

In fact, "I don't know" is a perfectly good answer. Even better is "I don't know, but we're trying to figure it out and one day we will", which is the answer that cosmologists and theoretical physicists usually give.

Theists, however, say "I don't know so I'll read this book here that tells me that god did it so that must be what happened" and then they stop looking for answers.

I, for one, am glad that scientists aren't so blinded by mythology. At least scientists keep looking, keep discovering, keep improving our quality of life, rather than getting their only answers from a millenia-old book of myths and fairy tales - it's a certain fact that all of our lives are much better thanks to scientific advances.

Even yours, PJ.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 4 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
28-02-2013, 07:27 AM
(28-02-2013 02:39 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  You know that, at this point, you're just being trolled, right? Some of PJ's questions are just too blatantly insipid to be anything but provocative trolling.

However, to his credit, his last question is a good one. I think it was an accident, but it was good anyway. So I'll answer it.

Where did the parallel universes in different times come from (if they exist; it's only one hypothesis)? I don't know. If they don't exist, then where did this universe come from? I don't know. What was here first? I don't know. What caused the big bang? I don't know.

And neither does any scientist. They have hypotheses, sure, but none of them know. And just like me, they freely admit that they don't know.

In fact, "I don't know" is a perfectly good answer. Even better is "I don't know, but we're trying to figure it out and one day we will", which is the answer that cosmologists and theoretical physicists usually give.

Theists, however, say "I don't know so I'll read this book here that tells me that god did it so that must be what happened" and then they stop looking for answers.

I, for one, am glad that scientists aren't so blinded by mythology. At least scientists keep looking, keep discovering, keep improving our quality of life, rather than getting their only answers from a millenia-old book of myths and fairy tales - it's a certain fact that all of our lives are much better thanks to scientific advances.

Even yours, PJ.

Exactly.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-02-2013, 03:40 PM
(28-02-2013 02:39 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  You know that, at this point, you're just being trolled, right? Some of PJ's questions are just too blatantly insipid to be anything but provocative trolling.

Even yours, PJ.

now that is a good argument... however, there are alot of theist scientists that dont let a god fill in the gaps... they actually keep trying to find answers... i am the same way. but intelligent design is not the only hindrance that stops scientific research... there is lazyness or falling in love as well which both happen to anyone
28-02-2013, 03:50 PM
(28-02-2013 02:22 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 02:06 AM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  And please i already know about how your big bang theory works so please just give me an answer without trying to credify yourself by writing unnecessary long quotes from the internet... so how did these universes start that coincided?

If you had watched the video an made and made an actual attempt to understand, instead of clinging on to you ignorance (because your God lives in your ignorance), you would already have your answer.

That short enough for you? Or are three sentences too much of a strain for your brain?

Ive watched many videos that dont line up with eachother... and is a youtube video really your best argument? Can you actually give me an algorithm that cannot be countered by another to prove its true? Obviously not since if it were possible then the big bang would be fact... So why do you speak of this video like it actually means something logicaly?