Unanswered questions by Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2013, 09:52 PM
RE: Unanswered questions by Creationists
(05-03-2013 01:22 AM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  So now other question arises: why does the Univers exist? I don't wanna know what, or a definition from Wikipedia on with the universe is, or how... I want to know why the Univers exist. you can give me a reason as to why a tree exists or why anything else in this Earth or Galaxy exist because there is a purpose for everything that exists... so then tell me what is the purpose of the universe

find an answer on wikipidia yet? Or are you still looking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Well that explains a lot. The ignorance and arrogance of a twelve year old who thinks they've got it figured out. Tell you what, come back in about ten years, and after I've embarrassed you by bringing up your humiliating performance on this site I'll deconvert you in a week. Until then, ta-ta.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
05-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Not that Blas or TToA actually cares, but in case anyone else reading this might, there really isn't any answer as to why the universe exists. It just does. Asking when or how might be interesting to figure out, and we might have very accurate answers some day (we're already fairly accurate on the when question).

Nobody is ever going to know why the universe exists because there is no answer to that. It's actually an invalid question because it presumes that the universe happened for a reason which presumes that it was created for a reason which presumes it had a creator. Without that chain of logic, there is no "why?", and so far, that chain of logic is only wishful thinking and fairy tales.

Obviously, most theists will disagree. They already accept those presuppositions. But the funny thing is, few religions even try to answer this question. Christianity doesn't, at least not that I've seen. God said "Let there be light!", fine, whatever, by nowhere does he say why he did it. Christianity just assumes it was to give us a home, but that still doesn't say why he wanted to do that, or why creating a whole universe was necessary for us to have a home, etc.

Neither theists nor atheists know "why?". It's unknowable, and an invalid question besides.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
07-03-2013, 06:01 PM
(05-03-2013 10:53 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Not that Blas or TToA actually cares, but in case anyone else reading this might, there really isn't any answer as to why the universe exists. It just does. Asking when or how might be interesting to figure out, and we might have very accurate answers some day (we're already fairly accurate on the when question).

Nobody is ever going to know why the universe exists because there is no answer to that. It's actually an invalid question because it presumes that the universe happened for a reason which presumes that it was created for a reason which presumes it had a creator. Without that chain of logic, there is no "why?", and so far, that chain of logic is only wishful thinking and fairy tales.

Obviously, most theists will disagree. They already accept those presuppositions. But the funny thing is, few religions even try to answer this question. Christianity doesn't, at least not that I've seen. God said "Let there be light!", fine, whatever, by nowhere does he say why he did it. Christianity just assumes it was to give us a home, but that still doesn't say why he wanted to do that, or why creating a whole universe was necessary for us to have a home, etc.

Neither theists nor atheists know "why?". It's unknowable, and an invalid question besides.
The reason why is to bring glory to God. IMO more specifically, Jesus.

John 17:22-24
New King James Version (NKJV)

22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I
in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that
the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You
have loved Me.
24 “Father,
I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am,
that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me
before the foundation of the world.
07-03-2013, 11:29 PM
(07-03-2013 06:01 PM)mrbuddy4413 Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 10:53 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Not that Blas or TToA actually cares, but in case anyone else reading this might, there really isn't any answer as to why the universe exists. It just does. Asking when or how might be interesting to figure out, and we might have very accurate answers some day (we're already fairly accurate on the when question).

22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I
have loved Me.
24 “Father,

Okay, now what makes your claim more valid than that of Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Paganism, Shintoism, etc...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
08-03-2013, 01:13 AM
(07-03-2013 06:01 PM)mrbuddy4413 Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 10:53 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Not that Blas or TToA actually cares, but in case anyone else reading this might, there really isn't any answer as to why the universe exists.

But the funny thing is, few religions even try to answer this question. Christianity doesn't, at least not that I've seen. God said "Let there be light!", fine, whatever, by nowhere does he say why he did it.

have loved Me.
24 “Father,

That's it? That's the biblical reason for the entire universe? This doesn't even explain why Earth was created. Ok, sure, it says that Jesus wants to be revered by us, but we're going to do that in Heaven, right? For all of eternity. Each of us gets a chance to do that on Earth for a handful of decades, but compared to all of eternity, those earthly decades will pass in the blink of an eye. What are they for? Why did we need the Earth for us to wander around guessing about which religion is correct so that some of us might end up in Heaven with Jesus for all of eternity? Couldn't God have just put us in Heaven to begin with, let us hang out with Jesus forever right there in Heaven without ever setting foot on Earth (and without ever creating it in the first place)?

I've heard apologists offer non-biblical answers. But that's just mortals giving their own best guess, and they certainly don't all share the same guess.

You're going to have to do better than this because this passage you quoted does not even come close to answering the basic (unanswerable) question, "Why does the universe exist?"

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
08-03-2013, 12:48 PM
(07-03-2013 11:29 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 06:01 PM)mrbuddy4413 Wrote:  The reason why is to bring glory to God. IMO more specifically, Jesus.

have loved Me.
24 “Father,

Okay, now what makes your claim more valid than that of Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Paganism, Shintoism, etc...
eyewitness testimony of a risen Christ
08-03-2013, 12:52 PM
(08-03-2013 01:13 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 06:01 PM)mrbuddy4413 Wrote:  The reason why is to bring glory to God. IMO more specifically, Jesus.

have loved Me.
24 “Father,

That's it? That's the biblical reason for the entire universe? This doesn't even explain why Earth was created. Ok, sure, it says that Jesus wants to be revered by us, but we're going to do that in Heaven, right? For all of eternity. Each of us gets a chance to do that on Earth for a handful of decades, but compared to all of eternity, those earthly decades will pass in the blink of an eye. What are they for? Why did we need the Earth for us to wander around guessing about which religion is correct so that some of us might end up in Heaven with Jesus for all of eternity? Couldn't God have just put us in Heaven to begin with, let us hang out with Jesus forever right there in Heaven without ever setting foot on Earth (and without ever creating it in the first place)?

I've heard apologists offer non-biblical answers. But that's just mortals giving their own best guess, and they certainly don't all share the same guess.

You're going to have to do better than this because this passage you quoted does not even come close to answering the basic (unanswerable) question, "Why does the universe exist?
I assume, but don't forget what Jesus did while here. He sacrificed himself for mankind. That is an important part of his glory.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
08-03-2013, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 02:45 PM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
(08-03-2013 12:48 PM)mrbuddy4413 Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 11:29 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Okay, now what makes your claim more valid than that of Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Paganism, Shintoism, etc...
eyewitness testimony of a risen Christ

Really? You witnessed it?

Because, if you're only talking about the people who might have claimed to see him 2000 years ago, well, for one they could have been lying and for another, the guys who wrote the gospels didn't actually talk to those people so the gospel authors might have made those people up.

Your own eyewitness testimony should serve to convince you, but the alleged eyewitness testimony of people who might not even exist and might have lied if they did exist, should not by all too compelling, especially to base your entire life's assumptions on such possibly false testimony.

Edit: to fix grammar.

08-03-2013, 01:07 PM
(08-03-2013 12:52 PM)mrbuddy4413 Wrote:  You're going to have to do better than this because this passage you quoted does not even come close to answering the basic (unanswerable) question, "Why does the universe exist?
I assume, but don't forget what Jesus did while here. He sacrificed himself for mankind. That is an important part of his glory.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
[/quote]

Really?

Jesus might not have existed - you have one book that talks about him and it could be all made up.

If he did exist, how was this a sacrifice?

Don't fall for it just because your pastor says it's a sacrifice, actually THINK about it. If everything in the bible is true, then Jesus knew who and what he was. At the time, he'd spent about 3 decades wandering around in the desert. Hot, sweaty, sometimes dehydrated, sometimes hungry, sometimes sunburned, sometimes persecuted. Sometimes happy, but sometimes not. But knowing he's the son of God, knowing that heaven's glory awaits him the instant he dies, knowing that he'll exist in perfect happy bliss for all of eternity, never hot, never sweaty, never thirsty, never hungry, always happy, never not - knowing this, was it really that big a sacrifice to have the Romans end his mortal existence so he could ascend to heaven and begin his perfect eternity as the son of God?

Not a bit. Not even a tiny little bit of a sacrifice.

And Jesus, if he existed, if God existed, if the bible is true, knew it. He knew it was no sacrifice.

Think about that, and when you get it, then ask yourself why all the 2,000 years of religious leaders since then have claimed that it was a sacrifice made for YOU.