Unanswered questions by Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2011, 08:21 AM
RE: Unanswered questions by Creationists
Well, you can choose to engage him or choose not to. If you engage him, I'd keep throwing logic and facts and questions at him. Even if you don't change his mind you may influence someone else.

If you choose to ignore him, then just ignore him.

Btw, what name does he post under?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2011, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 06:13 PM by ghostexorcist.)
(20-09-2011 08:21 AM)BnW Wrote:  Well, you can choose to engage him or choose not to. If you engage him, I'd keep throwing logic and facts and questions at him. Even if you don't change his mind you may influence someone else.

If you choose to ignore him, then just ignore him.

Btw, what name does he post under?

I've learned to recognize when it is futile to debate someone. I just sit back and watch others try. Of course all of the material they present to him is ignored or passed off as being apart of the atheist conspiracy. He posts under Richard Stanbery on Historum.com. I imagine that is his real name.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2013, 01:14 PM
(09-08-2011 12:32 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Not one of them have attempted to answer these. This is really surprising because they are quick to reply to any thread on evolution. Other people have noticed this as well. Someone jokingly asked: "What happened to the true Christians on this forum?"
I love it. To me, it's about fear. Creationists have to discredit evolution at all costs, because if it starts to make sense, they are doomed (no Adam&Eve=no fall, no need for a creator, etc.). The whole system crumbles. They are simply running in fear.
10-02-2013, 06:24 PM
I'd ask how they explain tectonic plate shifts, and ask how exectly ALL the other dating systems, (ice cores, tree rings, volcanology ect), and ALL the other atomic decay rates agree, yet are are ALL wrong, in EXACTLY the SAME way. The probability of that is so low, as to be 1/googleplex.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
14-02-2013, 12:36 PM
There is one question that must be answered before starting any scientific research: was the universe created by God or did it come into existence purely as a result of natural processes? If you answer the question wrong then all of your results will be wrong. Most scientists assume the second answer is the correct one and they interpret their finding to conform to this view. Since they all start out with the same assumptions their answers will agree with each other. If they believe this strongly enough they won't even bother to examine claims that there is evidence contrary to this view.

There is evidence that doesn't fit in with the majority viewpoints and you can read about some of it here:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...-evidences

Scientists use information as a proof of evolution because the evidence overwhelmingly supports this position. The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
14-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Re: Unanswered questions by Creationists
Ummm. No. Still using answersingenesis are we?

You are alluding to confirmation bias. Science does not exhibit it, but theologians do.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
14-02-2013, 01:30 PM
(14-02-2013 12:36 PM)theophilus Wrote:  There is one question that must be answered before starting any scientific research: was the universe created by God or did it come into existence purely as a result of natural processes? If you answer the question wrong then all of your results will be wrong. Most scientists assume the second answer is the correct one and they interpret their finding to conform to this view. Since they all start out with the same assumptions their answers will agree with each other. If they believe this strongly enough they won't even bother to examine claims that there is evidence contrary to this view.

There is evidence that doesn't fit in with the majority viewpoints and you can read about some of it here:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...-evidences
Allow me to quote our resident Calvinist:

(30-01-2013 05:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, posting anything from AiG is like posting from a children's coloring book.

Your whole point becomes moot when you consider that science is based on methodological naturalism. Also, your argument that the origin of the universe has to be known in order to do any science is a complete non-sequitur.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
14-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Re: Unanswered questions by Creationists
Theo doesn't reply anymore. He's just a drive-by theist now.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
20-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Haha creationist and christians can have the same bias questions:

Quote:1. If these christians are wrong, why do they continue to participate in their field of study?

2. Why do other christians support their findings?

3. Do you think these christians or their colleagues know that they are wrong?

4. If so, what possible merit could they get out of falsely supporting creationism?

I dont get why atheists pretend to have these "hard facts" to prove what they believe in... its kinda like a three year old who is phycologicaly proven to only see his or her world view. its impossible to tell them what you see... but then again they are three... So if God isnt real them prove it... You drop your txt books and teachers and ill drop my bible and preachers... I wanna know how u logically came to this conclusion ON YOUR OWN
20-02-2013, 12:36 AM
"I would have to say his favorite word is "Spin". He uses this world A LOT, usually to describe evolutionary research~"

Not surprising.It's been my experience that people who have weak arguments tend to accuse others of what they themselves are, in fact, doing. AKA, projection.

That's usually when I bail. Frusty