Unanswered questions by Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2013, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 08:02 AM by Vosur.)
RE: Unanswered questions by Creationists
(20-02-2013 12:13 AM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  Haha creationist and christians can have the same bias questions:

Quote:1. If these christians are wrong, why do they continue to participate in their field of study?

2. Why do other christians support their findings?

3. Do you think these christians or their colleagues know that they are wrong?

4. If so, what possible merit could they get out of falsely supporting creationism?

I dont get why atheists pretend to have these "hard facts" to prove what they believe in... its kinda like a three year old who is phycologicaly proven to only see his or her world view. its impossible to tell them what you see... but then again they are three... So if God isnt real them prove it... You drop your txt books and teachers and ill drop my bible and preachers... I wanna know how u logically came to this conclusion ON YOUR OWN
1. Because they don't know that they are wrong.

2. Because they don't evaluate the available evidence using the scientific method.

3. Probably not.

4. Money, lots of it. Creation Museum, church tithes, donations, publications (DVDs, books, lectures, etc.), etc. Kent Hovind and Ken Ham are good examples of this.

That aside, you can replace "Christians" with any given religious or non-religious group and "Creationism" with any scientific or non-scientific hypothesis. Like this:

Quote:1. If these homeopathists are wrong, why do they continue to participate in their field of study?

2. Why do other homeopathists support their findings?

3. Do you think these homeopathists or their colleagues know that they are wrong?

4. If so, what possible merit could they get out of falsely supporting homeopathy?

I dont get why scientists pretend to have these "hard facts" to prove what they believe in... its kinda like a three year old who is phycologicaly proven to only see his or her world view. its impossible to tell them what you see... but then again they are three... So if homepathy isnt real them prove it... You drop your txt books and teachers and ill drop my homeopathy books and homeopathy experts... I wanna know how u logically came to this conclusion ON YOUR OWN

His reasoning is both fallacious and self-defeating. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:Theophilus:.... was the universe created by God or did it come into existence purely as a
result of natural processes? If you answer the question wrong then all
of your results will be wrong. Most scientists assume the second answer
is the correct one and they interpret their finding to conform to this
view.
See, this is one of those framing tricks you have to recognize and call right away. Many of us will engage something like this on its own terms and get hopelessly sidetracked into authority references.
The premise itself contains is a patent lie: that scientists begin with an assumption about the origin of the universe. In fact, science demands that you assume nothing. Most scientists throughout history, and many even into modern times, had/have a religious belief. Most of them were curious about, and studied, their god's creation. They happened to find answers that contradict the Jewish bible, and some of them were unhappy about that, but too honest to falsify their observations to fit their faith.

You've got to address the wrongness of the question, rather than its skewed content.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 4 users Like Peterkin's post
20-02-2013, 12:44 PM
(20-02-2013 07:45 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 12:13 AM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  Haha creationist and christians can have the same bias questions:
1. Because they don't know that they are wrong.

2. Because they don't evaluate the available evidence using the scientific method.

3. Probably not.

4. Money, lots of it. Creation Museum, church tithes, donations, publications (DVDs, books, lectures, etc.), etc. Kent Hovind and Ken Ham are good examples of this.

That aside, you can replace "Christians" with any given religious or non-religious group and "Creationism" with any scientific or non-scientific hypothesis. Like this:

Quote:1. If these homeopathists are wrong, why do they continue to participate in their field of study?

2. Why do other homeopathists support their findings?

3. Do you think these homeopathists or their colleagues know that they are wrong?

4. If so, what possible merit could they get out of falsely supporting homeopathy?

I dont get why scientists pretend to have these "hard facts" to prove what they believe in... its kinda like a three year old who is phycologicaly proven to only see his or her world view. its impossible to tell them what you see... but then again they are three... So if homepathy isnt real them prove it... You drop your txt books and teachers and ill drop my homeopathy books and homeopathy experts... I wanna know how u logically came to this conclusion ON YOUR OWN

His reasoning is both fallacious and self-defeating. Drinking Beverage

Sooooo now your admitting that because science is bias it is your religion... And also, not being able to tell us christians what was before the two or three molecules that started the big bang means that you have just as much if not more faith than we do... So if the argument isnt about faith or metaphysics then why are youguys arguing?
20-02-2013, 01:04 PM
(20-02-2013 12:44 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  Sooooo now your admitting that because science is bias it is your religion...
Actually, I never said anything even remotely similar to that. Why are you putting words in my mouth?

(20-02-2013 12:44 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  And also, not being able to tell us christians what was before the two or three molecules that started the big bang means that you have just as much if not more faith than we do...
Not at all. I don't claim to know how the universe came into existence, because I'm intellectually honest enough to admit that I don't know it. The same goes for many other atheists and most, if not all, scientists.

It it those who believe in god who are arrogant enough to claim that they know the answer to these fundamental questions and that the answer provided by their particular denomination of their particular religion is the one and only valid one.

(20-02-2013 12:44 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  So if the argument isnt about faith or metaphysics then why are youguys arguing?
I'm merely challenging the claims of those who assert that their unfounded superstitious beliefs have any validity. That's all there is to it.

[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
20-02-2013, 01:40 PM
The Big Bang describes the distribution of matter and energy across the universe. It provides an explanation for the separation of the different forces and the way in which different particles of matter formed and eventually accumulated into different elements via nuclear fusion in stars. That is all verifiable through evidence and observation and testing of said observations and analysis of said evidence.

The Big bang Theory (and indeed all scientific theories) makes no claim as to the origin of the Universe itself. It makes no assertions about how or why. Only a description of the what. The people who claim to know the how and the why are religious in nature, and not scientists.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
20-02-2013, 01:48 PM
(20-02-2013 12:44 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  Sooooo now your admitting that because science is bias it is your religion... And also, not being able to tell us christians what was before the two or three molecules that started the big bang means that you have just as much if not more faith than we do... So if the argument isnt about faith or metaphysics then why are youguys arguing?

1. First of all it's "biased", so maybe you need an English class. No maybe about it.
2. WTF ? "Two or three MOLECULES" ?
You are such a sorry ass you don't even know what a "molecule" IS.
Where in "h. e. double tooth picks", (hell), did you hear there were "two or three" *molecules* ? OMFG. Some stupidity is just incompatible with life.

The Big Bang Theory makes no claims about "cause". Get over it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
20-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Yup strangely enough you atheists bein a lil unconsistant with all your theories usually tell me that the cause was two or three bein Hydrogen and helium... Youguys usually add all different kinds.. and spelling doesnt credify or decredify anything. lets let logic prove itself... so then since this is a metaphysical conversation lets talk to learn... No biases, no facts cuz none of us can prove these "facts" impericaly... just logic... tell me how youguys logically came to your conclusions
20-02-2013, 03:13 PM
So much stupid, I can't bring myself to begin to describe the fail.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
20-02-2013, 03:20 PM
(20-02-2013 03:10 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  Yup strangely enough you atheists bein a lil unconsistant with all your theories usually tell me that the cause was two or three bein Hydrogen and helium... Youguys usually add all different kinds.. and spelling doesnt credify or decredify anything. lets let logic prove itself... so then since this is a metaphysical conversation lets talk to learn... No biases, no facts cuz none of us can prove these "facts" impericaly... just logic... tell me how youguys logically came to your conclusions
What conclusion are you referring to?

20-02-2013, 03:27 PM
(20-02-2013 03:10 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  Yup strangely enough you atheists bein a lil unconsistant with all your theories usually tell me that the cause was two or three bein Hydrogen and helium... Youguys usually add all different kinds.. and spelling doesnt credify or decredify anything. lets let logic prove itself... so then since this is a metaphysical conversation lets talk to learn... No biases, no facts cuz none of us can prove these "facts" impericaly... just logic... tell me how youguys logically came to your conclusions

Sorry. Logic breaks down at a singularity. Relativity, Uncertainty, Dirac, etc. all are illogical, yet been proven. Hydrogen and Helium are atoms, not molecules. Like you actually know anything about which you speak. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche