Unanswered questions by Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2013, 08:31 AM
RE: Unanswered questions by Creationists
It makes much more sense for a murderous mind to be the product of an even more evil murderous bastard...right?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Its only childish to you phaedrus cause you dont wan to answer... And as long as you sit infront of your computer screen allday and take as "fact" what the media says is "fact", you really cant answer because all of your answers are based on your biased scientific reasarch... but appearantly the understanding, that i can find any scientific evidence to counter yours, cant com from a computer screen... So the question still stands phaedrus
26-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Blas, I'm sorry, you just lost what respect I was willing to grant you. When you give up and start throwing around claims like "biased scientific research", "sit in front of your computer screen all day", and claim that I get my information from the media, you've made it clear you aren't here to debate, you're here to be an ass.

How much information do you get from your pastor? Yeah, that guy in fancy clothes at your church. How often do you run things you've heard by him first to see if they're "biblically correct" or not? Isn't putting one man in the position of arbiter of fact or fiction a bit, oh, dangerous?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
26-02-2013, 02:56 PM
I actually go into the real world everyday and talk to ppl with your same belief and come to logical understandings... if i used anything of what my pastor or bible says then i would be no different than youguys stating exactly what your scientists or txt books say having absolutly no personal experience in what your talking about.. But youguys always do it so i try to stay away from quoting my pastor or bible to keep the conversation logical... So the question still stands.. and please please please dont keep quoting ur teachers or txt books... so what do YOU do phaedrus to try to convert an evil mind?
26-02-2013, 03:37 PM
I haven't quoted a teacher or textbook yet.

You've changed the subject of debate. I'm sorry. No. Get back on subject or piss off. You like to try and rehabilitate criminals. Good for you. Some people do that. Most people don't. My charitable efforts are focused elsewhere, like feeding the hungry and improving the lives of children in hospitals.

What have you done to improve the life of a leukemia patient recently? Told her that her atheist daddy is going to burn in hell forever? Tortured? That she better believe in god or, BY god she's going to suffer? Or perhaps you just don't give a shit?

You're trying to turn this into a pissing match. Sorry, no. Grow up and get back on topic, kid.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
26-02-2013, 03:38 PM
This seems to have become (mostly) just a conversation between blasphemilius_VI and Phaedrus, but I'll butt in.

I don't even lift a finger to "convert an evil mind". Why?

1. I don't accept that there is a such a thing as "evil". There are definitely varying types of behavior, and some of them are more altruistic and some of them are more selfish and some of them are more destructive. Certain types of behavior are better for society and certain types of behavior are worse for society. I think that, except for the insane, every adult knows the difference. Some people choose to abide by society's rules and others choose to ignore them - most people are somewhere in between, abiding by some and ignoring some. The people that you might call "evil" are, by my reckoning, selfish and destructive.

2. Society already has a system to punishing bad behavior. Police make an arrest, courts try the accused, judges provide sentencing, prisons carry out the sentence. None of that needs any help from me. If I could lift a finger in a useful way, I would change some laws to make them more strict and/or to remove loopholes that keep criminals on the streets. I would also allocate more spending to get more criminals off the streets. But that's just my opinion, others will certainly vary. However, I am not in charge of the legal system so the best I can do is try to vote for people who see things my way, or as close to it as I can get.

3. Those people you call "evil" already know they behaved inappropriately and are already being punished for it (I'm assuming we're still referring to reforming prison inmates?). They have either learned their lesson and will eventually reintegrate with society and behave appropriately, or they have ignored their lesson and will eventually return to society and continue with the bad behavior. I don't believe my talking to them about how bad they have been will help with their understanding of this lesson.

4. I especially don't think it will do any good to offer myths and fairy tales to motivate an "evil" person to be less "evil". Sadly, it works in some cases, but all you're really doing is replacing their autonomy with a fear of a hate-mongering deity who will torture them if they don't live according to that deity's special rules. "Behave or be tortured forever" isn't much a choice and it, more than anything else, obliterates freewill. Rather than reforming the "evil" mind, you're simply scaring the individual to pretend to behave, or pretend to behave, to escape torture. Given the percentage of Christians in American jails who already know about god and his torture plans, and given their criminal past and he country's rate of recidivism, I don't see this fear tactic as very successful. The few success stories don't carry much weight against the rest of the evidence. You might as well preach your myths to a "non-evil" hobo on a park bench; you'll probably have a much better rate of happy endings (from your perspective).

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
26-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Um ok? so your just talking about terminology... it still all means the same no matter what you call it... and phaedrus, EVERYONE gives to charity to help kids with diseases... But what about doin more than the norm and goin out to the streets to convert ppl so they dont kill or get killed... im not talkin about ppl in jail im talkin about ppl that are out in the streets right now... what are YOU doing
26-02-2013, 04:22 PM
(26-02-2013 04:01 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  Um ok? so your just talking about terminology... it still all means the same no matter what you call it... and phaedrus, EVERYONE gives to charity to help kids with diseases... But what about doin more than the norm and goin out to the streets to convert ppl so they dont kill or get killed... im not talkin about ppl in jail im talkin about ppl that are out in the streets right now... what are YOU doing

Are you even listening?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
26-02-2013, 04:44 PM
is that ur answer? Askin me if im listening? im affraid phaedrus that since we are as you say judging by respect points then thats gunna make lose some... so anyways ill just wait for your bias filled response.. what do you do everyday to try to change an evil mind?
26-02-2013, 05:20 PM
And now another question that arises: are you sayin that kids or anyone with leukemia has more suffering than the people with addictions in the streets? Yes the addictions are self inflicting but isnt the suffering the same or are you about to turn this into a measurement match?