Unanswered questions by Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2013, 06:21 PM
RE: Unanswered questions by Creationists
Ok Blasphemous, kid gloves off.

1. You're dishonest for changing the subject. Naughty boy, go to the corner.

2. You're trying to play holier-than-thou card. That is, you've picked something charitable that you do, and are asking "Well why aren't you doing it? Huh? Huh?" with the intent of then transferring my apathy about your particular bugaboo onto all of atheism. Dishonest again.

3. You also appear to be arguing on the side that Christian preaching is better for reforming criminals than, you know, showing them how not to be criminals. Provide (non-anecdotal) evidence to back this up. Put up or shut up.

If you insist on playing this childish holier-than-thou game, then I have some choice questions as well. What are you doing to prevent child abuse in the Catholic church and to bring the pedophiles to justice? What are you doing to prevent Christians from blowing up abortion clinics? What are you doing to prevent violence against homosexuals, whatever your stance on them may be?

Make up your mind. Do you want to debate the existence of god, or are you here to big yourself up? Pride is a sin, you know.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Haha ummm? It does help to read... i sed "WHAT are you doing to help other than giving to charity?" not why are you... and yes i am doin everything i can to not just talk but also show church people and criminals how to love instead of hate.... so then i ask again what are YOU doing? and are you going to measure people suffering
26-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Read, kid.

And how exactly does your "salvation message" help criminals? "Oh, all you have to do is believe. Welcome Jesus into your heart and you will be forgiven of all your sins. So go ahead, strangle that bitch, rob that convenience store. The only requirement for getting into heaven is to believe..."

Great message to be sending to criminals.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
26-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Well that may be wat you tell them but thats not what i tell them... People know when someone is talking to them with love or not... sometimes ppl want it and others dont... my point is that the christians go out into the world everyday to try and make a difference and whether God is real or not they are trying
26-02-2013, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 10:28 PM by Phaedrus.)
Exactly, and so do atheists. You have your niche, we have ours. But we don't have to lie about what we actually believe... The whole point of Christianity is that all you have to do is believe to be saved, and you can be a douche all you want. Atheists generally promote personal responsibility and treating others well, without the whole vicarious redemption bit.

So if you have to lie about what Christianity says in order to make these people better, maybe Christianity isn't really what they need.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
26-02-2013, 10:24 PM
This is a visual representation of Christian belief and moral accountability.

[Image: get%20out%20of%20jail%20free.jpg]

Because belief in Jesus absolves you of all moral accountability.

Needless to say, watching a theist get into a charity pissing contest is funny as hell. Do you of course realize that the murderers and rapists you're preaching to in prison will get into Heaven if they but believe, as that is all that's required? So if Heaven isn't limited to those who are truly morally and ethically good, what's the point of trying to gauge yourself against another by your works? Only in a system that has moral accountability (i.e. not Christianity) would using such an objective scale have any use.

So what is your point again blasphemilius_IV?

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-02-2013, 11:45 PM
What am i lying about in christianity?
27-02-2013, 01:03 AM
(26-02-2013 11:45 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  What am i lying about in christianity?

This, with emphasis added.

(26-02-2013 10:13 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  Well that may be wat[sic] you tell them but thats[sic] not what i[sic] tell them... People know when someone is talking to them with love or not... sometimes ppl[sic] want it and others dont[sic]... my point is that the christians[sic] go out into the world everyday to try and make a difference and whether God is real or not they are trying

We don't need God to be real to do good, and you have just admitted it. So lacking any evidence for God's existence, claiming that you know for a fact that he does exist is a lie. But since we've already agreed that his existence is not required to do good, you too can do good without lying about how you 'know' God exists. Your prosthelytizing is not needed to help people.

28-02-2013, 12:15 AM
The existance of a god is logicaly tangeble... faith comes in when i say its my God... but its fine because youguys have just as much faith in claiming that you dont know how it all started by not being able to tell me the cause to this appearant effect called the big bang
28-02-2013, 12:22 AM
(28-02-2013 12:15 AM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  The existance of a god is logicaly tangeble... faith comes in when i say its my God... but its fine because youguys have just as much faith in claiming that you dont know how it all started by not being able to tell me the cause to this appearant effect called the big bang

We don't have faith. 'Faith' is belief without, or in the face of contradictory evidence. You have faith, because you believe without evidence. We don't have faith, we value evidence, and that is why most of us do not believe. Get your goddamn definitions right...

A starting point for the Big Bang? Quantum fluctuations in a flat universe (as opposed to opened or closed) with zero total energy (positive energy of matter offset by negative energy of gravity). We can prove the big bang, and a flat universe. Quantum mechanics tells us that whenever we have nothing, we get something.