Unanswered questions by Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2013, 09:43 AM
RE: Unanswered questions by Creationists
(20-02-2013 06:04 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 05:48 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Science is based on tentative truths. Induction is logically impossible, but practically fairly reliable. Saying something is true is shorthand for saying, "This is true as best as I can determine, assuming that my perceptions and past experiences are valid and that I don't live in the Matrix or the Truman show or some other untestable philosophical dead-end that precludes further examination."

Modern atheists use the same standard.

so modern atheist just use the coined phrase atheist as a crutch and dont stand by the philosophical definition do to induction being illogical. so is modern atheism philosophically different then is standard atheism? because honestly I didn't know there was a difference... I always thought it was a philosophical standpoint
Atheism is not a position, it is the lack of one.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 02:34 PM
And just to be perfectly clear, if no one knows how the universe started, and you say it is god, then this explanation is equally as plausible as your "answer"
[Image: 1260381807_god-creates-the-universe.gif]

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
22-02-2013, 02:43 PM
(22-02-2013 02:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And just to be perfectly clear, if no one knows how the universe started, and you say it is god, then this explanation is equally as plausible as your "answer"

Where in the hell did you find this? Its fucking hilarious but its making me dizzy.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
22-02-2013, 02:44 PM
(22-02-2013 02:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 02:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And just to be perfectly clear, if no one knows how the universe started, and you say it is god, then this explanation is equally as plausible as your "answer"

Where in the hell did you find this? Its fucking hilarious but its making me dizzy.
http://www.gifbin.com

Evolve
22-02-2013, 11:03 PM
(09-08-2011 12:32 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  As I've mentioned before, I am active on a history forum. There are a small handful of diehard creationists there that constantly try to lecture us nasty atheists / theistic evolutionists on how evolution is wrong. One of the guys there always preaches that the various methods used to date geological layers or fossils are flawed. He is one of those "transitional fossils have never been found because they do not exist" types. Anyway, I decided to ask the following questions for our creationist friends:

Quote:1. If these scientists are wrong, why do they continue to participate in their field of study?

2. Why do other scientists support their findings?

3. Do you think these scientists or their colleagues know that they are wrong?

4. If so, what possible merit could they get out of falsely supporting evolution?

For the last question, I've heard some religions people claim that it is a worldwide conspiracy perpetrated by Satan, or it's to lead people away from faith so they can sin. What are your thoughts on the issue?

Not one of them have attempted to answer these. This is really surprising because they are quick to reply to any thread on evolution. Other people have noticed this as well. Someone jokingly asked: "What happened to the true Christians on this forum?"
Let me help you with that.

1. Because they hate God
2. Because they hate God
3.They Don't care because they hate God
4.They hate God and will do anything to disprove him

If they do answer, I assure you they're answers will not be far from these.
23-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Do I continue reading this thread, or do I pour sriracha sauce into my eyes? Not sure yet.
The stupid burns.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
23-02-2013, 10:59 PM
(09-08-2011 12:32 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  As I've mentioned before, I am active on a history forum. There are a small handful of diehard creationists there that constantly try to lecture us nasty atheists / theistic evolutionists on how evolution is wrong. One of the guys there always preaches that the various methods used to date geological layers or fossils are flawed. He is one of those "transitional fossils have never been found because they do not exist" types. Anyway, I decided to ask the following questions for our creationist friends:

Quote:1. If these scientists are wrong, why do they continue to participate in their field of study?

2. Why do other scientists support their findings?

3. Do you think these scientists or their colleagues know that they are wrong?

4. If so, what possible merit could they get out of falsely supporting evolution?

For the last question, I've heard some religions people claim that it is a worldwide conspiracy perpetrated by Satan, or it's to lead people away from faith so they can sin. What are your thoughts on the issue?

Not one of them have attempted to answer these. This is really surprising because they are quick to reply to any thread on evolution. Other people have noticed this as well. Someone jokingly asked: "What happened to the true Christians on this forum?"
Whenever I end up in the "scientific methods of dating" debate, I like to bring up just two simple questions.

1. Do you even know what methods of dating are used? (Because there are dozens).

2. If scientific dating methods are wrong, how do you know when the bible was written? (Because the age of the bible is something scientists verified).

Science, logic and how they destroy religious arguments @ http://scepticalprophet.wordpress.com/

To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.
- Isaac Asimov.
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
24-02-2013, 02:55 PM
So atheists, which would you rather have us do?: go out to the murders and theives and preach your ideaology? Or would you rather us preach our faith weather true or false as long as it changes lives for the better?
24-02-2013, 03:09 PM
(24-02-2013 02:55 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  So atheists, which would you rather have us do?: go out to the murders and theives and preach your ideaology? Or would you rather us preach our faith weather true or false as long as it changes lives for the better?

Atheists do not have an ideology. We are a diverse group.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-02-2013, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2013 04:25 PM by Phaedrus.)
(24-02-2013 02:55 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  So atheists, which would you rather have us do?: go out to the murders and theives and preach your ideaology? Or would you rather us preach our faith weather true or false as long as it changes lives for the better?

The vast majority of criminals in the US prison system are Christian. Only 70% of the US population is Christian, but over 91% of inmates are Christian. Atheists are less than 1% of the prison population. That means, Christians are more likely to be criminals. Check the numbers yourself. http://google.com

Nice change of tactics by the way. Very Christian. You get made a fool of at philosophy, so you switch to the moral argument. Not to be insulting, but you can't win at the moral game either. Instead of going with an argument as soon as it enters your head, check the facts first and see how other debates on the topic have gone, because odds are someone else has had the same idea. It can save you some time.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 5 users Like Phaedrus's post