Unautherised absence for unpaid meeting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2012, 09:15 AM
RE: Unautherised absence for unpaid meeting
Have you tried asking acas
Or Citizens Advice Bureau (they helped me with a dispute with a former employer)

I'm not an employment lawyer so I can't be 100% sure but as far as I know your employer can't force you to do unpaid work, it has to be voluntary.

Also if you are a member of a union, it might be worth your time asking your union rep about it.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2012, 04:42 PM
is there at least something like, ok for that one hour you can leave early on another day? cause it would be fair if they don't pay the time but tell you to be there.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2012, 08:19 PM
'' ok for that one hour you can leave early on another day?''
No, not a chance.

I do want to ask Citizen advice bureau but they are difficult to get ahold of, however I do still want to visit them
04-02-2012, 10:37 AM
(03-02-2012 08:19 PM)Phenakist Wrote:  I do want to ask Citizen advice bureau but they are difficult to get ahold of, however I do still want to visit them

My advice about them is go when you have a day free as you may be waiting a few hours, Although if you are just asking that question you may be in and out fairly quickly, and Avoid going the week following any holiday as they are usually mobbed.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
05-02-2012, 07:34 AM
(03-02-2012 06:40 AM)Phenakist Wrote:  Too aggressive for my taste but still very amusing Big Grin

I was kinda trying to get fired…
Just one of those self destructive moments in my life that I look back on and smile about from time to time.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche