Unconventional opinions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2014, 08:30 PM
RE: Unconventional opinions
(19-04-2014 12:07 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Oddly enough in my long life dear FT I had figured that out Tongue

Non-human apes however, are just a little too human. Undecided Not sure if that makes sense.

You mean we're not un-apelike enough?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
22-04-2014, 08:46 PM
I think that the religious education program that runs in schools here (which is essentially Christian indoctrination) should be illegal or at least changed to the point where it's more of an intellectual look on religion rather than a member of the church coming in and talking for an hour each week.

I know that probably wouldn't be too far from the norm here, but still...

Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we're related for better or for worse...and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum.

--Hermes to Percy Jackson, Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TheTastelessOne's post
22-04-2014, 08:50 PM
(22-04-2014 08:46 PM)TheTastelessOne Wrote:  I think that the religious education program that runs in schools here (which is essentially Christian indoctrination) should be illegal or at least changed to the point where it's more of an intellectual look on religion rather than a member of the church coming in and talking for an hour each week.

I know that probably wouldn't be too far from the norm here, but still...

Woah that is not unconventional lol.

I'm all for teaching world religions in schools but not bible study.

I also think World Religions and Terrorism and International Crime (both classes I have taken) should be taught together in the same class.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
24-04-2014, 06:28 AM
I feel the government should no longer recognize marriage of any kind. If people love each other and want to live together they should not need or expect a government sanction of their relationship. In today's world with high divorce rates and both partners working, in most cases, the need for a legal marriage is just not there, unlike when most women did not work.

Yes I am married, but feel that way just the same.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
24-04-2014, 01:30 PM
I'm of the opinion that those little triangular cups on the sides of water coolers are actually alien entities.
Pretty unconventional wouldn't you say?
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
26-04-2014, 11:37 AM
I am fascinated and horrified by the TV show hoarders. I can't stop watching it.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
26-04-2014, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2014 11:45 AM by Losty.)
(26-04-2014 11:37 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I am fascinated and horrified by the TV show hoarders. I can't stop watching it.

OMG! Seriously that show. I don't want to say I love that show, because it's actually more like it's so awful that I can't look away. Have you seen the ones where they find lost pets buried under all the stuff?

I think that other one I used to watch was called Clean House. Some of the things I have seen. I mean, the one that's stays with me is this family mom, dad, little girl (3ish), and baby. Their house was just so horrifying and the toilet had been backed up and there was a stream of sewage running from the bathroom down the hall through the kitch and puddling up in the laundry room. Gasp they had so much shit that you couldn't even see the stream until after they had started cleaning. These shows are horrifying but you just have to watch.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
27-04-2014, 07:27 PM
I think the "ship of imagination" concept on cosmos sucks.
And old people do not automatically deserve respect

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
27-04-2014, 08:08 PM
(27-04-2014 07:27 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  And old people do not automatically deserve respect

I'll take this one step further.

I think people do not automatically deserve respect. This doesn't mean disrespect is automatic either. Both must be earned in order to be given.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-04-2014, 08:56 PM
(27-04-2014 08:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 07:27 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  And old people do not automatically deserve respect

I'll take this one step further.

I think people do not automatically deserve respect. This doesn't mean disrespect is automatic either. Both must be earned in order to be given.

well,old people are the only people who i've met who seem to think they automatically deserve respect...
But i agree with you

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....