Unconventional opinions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 09:12 PM
RE: Unconventional opinions
(27-04-2014 08:56 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 08:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'll take this one step further.

I think people do not automatically deserve respect. This doesn't mean disrespect is automatic either. Both must be earned in order to be given.

well,old people are the only people who i've met who seem to think they automatically deserve respect...
But i agree with you

You should have seen my grandfather's face when he said "you gotta respect your elders" and my daughter chimed in with, I don't know what's an elder but mommy says only trust people who earn your trust and only respect people who deserve respect. Bahaha Laugh out load
She never forgets anything she hears me say and she always thinks of fun awkward moments to repeat them lol.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Losty's post
27-04-2014, 09:20 PM
(27-04-2014 09:12 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 08:56 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  well,old people are the only people who i've met who seem to think they automatically deserve respect...
But i agree with you

You should have seen my grandfather's face when he said "you gotta respect your elders" and my daughter chimed in with, I don't know what's an elder but mommy says only trust people who earn your trust and only respect people who deserve respect. Bahaha Laugh out load
She never forgets anything she hears me say and she always thinks of fun awkward moments to repeat them lol.
smart kid! You've done well Thumbsup

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
28-04-2014, 12:51 AM
In my opinion young women should have to sign up for selective service just like the men already do, by the time they reach 18 (USA)

In my opinion if women want to join the service pregnancy should not be allowed during the first tour, and if pregnancy results a just $fine should be the consequence.

It is my opinion that feeding large groups of people on the brink of starving to death in 3rd world countries makes a larger next generation of people on the brink of starvation and after that and so on.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
28-04-2014, 01:43 AM
(28-04-2014 12:51 AM)Dee Wrote:  In my opinion young women should have to sign up for selective service just like the men already do, by the time they reach 18 (USA)

In my opinion if women want to join the service pregnancy should not be allowed during the first tour, and if pregnancy results a just $fine should be the consequence.
I can agree with this. What if the woman has a medical abortion in the first 8 weeks, should she be allowed to avoid the fine?

Quote:It is my opinion that feeding large groups of people on the brink of starving to death in 3rd world countries makes a larger next generation of people on the brink of starvation and after that and so on.
You're probably right but I still don't think it's okay to sit around and watch people starve to death.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
28-04-2014, 01:45 AM
(28-04-2014 12:51 AM)Dee Wrote:  In my opinion young women should have to sign up for selective service just like the men already do, by the time they reach 18 (USA)

Selective Service is essentially what manages and enables The Draft, right?
Why is that still a thing?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-04-2014, 02:04 AM
(27-04-2014 09:12 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 08:56 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  well,old people are the only people who i've met who seem to think they automatically deserve respect...
But i agree with you

Good job, how much harm has that notion caused over the years, I love your rep score at the moment Tongue

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
28-04-2014, 02:25 AM
(17-04-2014 09:11 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  So,are we all weird or is everyone else but us weird? These should be widely accepted views. Except [Jews].

Didn't Nazi Germany start this way?

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
28-04-2014, 02:59 AM
I think Australians should be illegal. Everywhere, even in Australia.

I'm super cereal about this.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
28-04-2014, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2014 03:43 AM by Free Thought.)
(28-04-2014 02:59 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I think Australians should be illegal. Everywhere, even in Australia.

I'm super cereal about this.

You're just jealous.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-04-2014, 04:05 AM
(28-04-2014 02:04 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 09:12 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  You should have seen my grandfather's face when he said "you gotta respect your elders" and my daughter chimed in with, I don't know what's an elder but mommy says only trust people who earn your trust and only respect people who deserve respect. Bahaha Laugh out load

Good job, how much harm has that notion caused over the years, I love your rep score at the moment Tongue
If it keeps my daughter from falling unknowingly into the hands of untrustworthy grown ups, I will gladly blush through the occasional awkward moment. I don't think it's smart to teach your kids to trust/respect someone just because they're an adult.

Oh and me too about the rep haha Tongue