Unconventional opinions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 04:34 AM
RE: Unconventional opinions
(28-04-2014 03:35 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 02:59 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I think Australians should be illegal. Everywhere, even in Australia.

I'm super cereal about this.

You're just jealous.

About what?

I don't see any good reason to envy Australians. I pity them more than anything else. Poor fuckers are deserted on a big ass continent out to kill them if they so much as step foot out in the boonies.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2014, 05:00 AM
(28-04-2014 04:34 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 03:35 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You're just jealous.

About what?

I don't see any good reason to envy Australians. I pity them more than anything else. Poor fuckers are deserted on a big ass continent out to kill them if they so much as step foot out in the boonies.

We have a good healthcare system, a higher average lifespan, ready access to a good chunk of the worlds uranium, a decent overall education system, low religiosity, monotremes...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-04-2014, 06:09 AM
(28-04-2014 05:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 04:34 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  About what?

We have a good healthcare system, a higher average lifespan, ready access to a good chunk of the worlds uranium, a decent overall education system, low religiosity, monotremes...

American visitors seem to be enamoured with it, a cousin could not believe we get 24+ days paid leave each year.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
28-04-2014, 06:13 AM
(28-04-2014 06:09 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 05:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  We have a good healthcare system, a higher average lifespan, ready access to a good chunk of the worlds uranium, a decent overall education system, low religiosity, monotremes...

American visitors seem to be enamoured with it, a cousin could not believe we get 24+ days paid leave each year.

That too.

It is good to live in the First World.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-04-2014, 06:14 AM
(28-04-2014 01:45 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 12:51 AM)Dee Wrote:  In my opinion young women should have to sign up for selective service just like the men already do, by the time they reach 18 (USA)

Selective Service is essentially what manages and enables The Draft, right?
Why is that still a thing?

We don't have the draft in the States as per say; however, the Selective Service (males must sign up by 18) is on it's way to ready for draft if needed, and they can pick and choose.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
28-04-2014, 06:20 AM
(28-04-2014 06:14 AM)Dee Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 01:45 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Selective Service is essentially what manages and enables The Draft, right?
Why is that still a thing?

We don't have the draft in the States as per say; however, the Selective Service (males must sign up by 18) is on it's way to ready for draft if needed, and they can pick and choose.

That's what I thought.

Why is that still a thing though? Chances are, you guys will never need another draft anyway. And keeping it for 'just in case' purposes seems really paranoid.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-04-2014, 06:24 AM
(28-04-2014 01:43 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 12:51 AM)Dee Wrote:  In my opinion young women should have to sign up for selective service just like the men already do, by the time they reach 18 (USA)

In my opinion if women want to join the service pregnancy should not be allowed during the first tour, and if pregnancy results a just $fine should be the consequence.
I can agree with this. What if the woman has a medical abortion in the first 8 weeks, should she be allowed to avoid the fine?

Damn, I didn't consider that. . . sticky business there. Ethical dilemma here, help Shocking

Quote:It is my opinion that feeding large groups of people on the brink of starving to death in 3rd world countries makes a larger next generation of people on the brink of starvation and after that and so on.
You're probably right but I still don't think it's okay to sit around and watch people starve to death.

Yeah, that's why I didn't say the word-- STARVE. I opted out.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
28-04-2014, 06:25 AM
Sorry about the above post. I'm trying to work out quotes.

28-04-2014, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2014 08:48 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(28-04-2014 05:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 04:34 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  About what?

........rednecks, racism, the most poisonous of about 27 different species of animal, a retardedly overbearing state censorship program, a proud history of state sponsored genocide against its native population. etc. Tongue

You know, now that you make me think about it, other than the whole censorship thing and the fact that virtually every animal is out to kill you, you aren't sounding that different from us here in the states. Consider

[Image: giphy.gif]
28-04-2014, 08:49 AM
(28-04-2014 02:59 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I think Australians should be illegal. Everywhere, even in Australia.

I'm super cereal about this.

[Image: CitSuperCereal.png]

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 3 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post