Undeniable proof for God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2015, 10:57 AM
RE: Undeniable proof for God
(04-02-2015 10:44 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 11:55 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Perhaps I am just taking the bait but, dafuq? What the hell are you saying here q?

I'm saying that I personally and vigorously correct born again Christians who preach publicly or privately that the Bible is true 'cause the Bible says so. That is the definition of circular argument. Better (if perhaps not much) is Luther's statement (paraphrasing) that there is no sin in preaching the Bible without reason but no glory either.

ISLAM totally does the circular Muhammed-said-it's-true-so-it-must-be-because-the-Koran-says-Muhammed-is-true CIRCLE. Compare that to "Billy Bob heard the gospel then researched prophecy fulfillment for two years and also creation science because he had a Master's in Geology and then, after careful consideration and some prayer, became a Christian."

So Christianity has the only valid claim to being able to do that?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 12:00 PM
(04-02-2015 10:44 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Compare that to "Billy Bob heard the gospel then researched prophecy fulfillment for two years and also creation science because he had a Master's in Geology and then, after careful consideration and some prayer, became a Christian."

1) The word "researched" belongs in quotes in that context.
2) Real geology has nothing to do with prophecy fulfillment or creation science.
3) Creation science is an oxymoron.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
05-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Come on guys! You know every Christian ever does in depth research before making the obvious, almost scientific choice to follow Jesus.

Not like those filthy, smelly Muslims.
05-02-2015, 02:34 PM
All,

There are logical and scientific inaccuracies in the Koran. Also, muslims in non-Arabic lands often memorize Koran portions in Arabic phonetically without learning to comprehend the language!

I was thinking of a friend--he had two Masters in Geology and another science and because as you wrote "real" academic geology is separate from creation science/opposing, he had to research.

...and other religions of course may be researched, but the more they lack documentary evidence, the more specious their claims become IMHO. It was said there was no King David in ancient Israel but today we may visit David's tomb, just where Peter preached at Pentecost (Acts 3). There is no archaeological or documentary evidence for the Upanishads, the legends of the Buddha, etc. that we may compare the religious texts alongside.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2015, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 03:30 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
(05-02-2015 02:34 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

There are logical and scientific inaccuracies in the Koran. Also, muslims in non-Arabic lands often memorize Koran portions in Arabic phonetically without learning to comprehend the language!

I was thinking of a friend--he had two Masters in Geology and another science and because as you wrote "real" academic geology is separate from creation science/opposing, he had to research.

...and other religions of course may be researched, but the more they lack documentary evidence, the more specious their claims become IMHO. It was said there was no King David in ancient Israel but today we may visit David's tomb, just where Peter preached at Pentecost (Acts 3). There is no archaeological or documentary evidence for the Upanishads, the legends of the Buddha, etc. that we may compare the religious texts alongside.

And so by that logic, the work of Finkelstein, in showing the Exodus didn't happen, invalidates the bible because the OT is without merit and that sets up the NT. Just like we have no proof showing Mohammed rode a magical horse (or donkey), since we have no proof of the ascension, that means that we can't trust that it even happened (ignoring the fact that the time he spent here after the resurrection varies). The knowledge of genetics means that the story of Jacob breeding the goats is BS. That is only scratching the surface. You have some gall to criticize other holy books having scientific and logical inaccuracies.

Edit: I am aware of your considerable scholarly pedigree but I have to remind you that prophecy, life changes, and Etc. are not and have never been evidence for anything except for mental illness.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
05-02-2015, 03:40 PM

What a damn hypocrite you are there Q. You think you can actually accuse other scriptures outside christianity of having "logical and scientific inaccuracies"? Are you that big of a deluded moron? Do you like presenting yourself as one insane and self-righteous prick? Go away with your nonsense. This is absolutely laughable at best!

It is entertaining and incredibly aggravating at the same time.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 3 users Like Timber1025's post
06-02-2015, 08:16 AM

You have just proven yourself to be unworthy of further discourse.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
06-02-2015, 12:34 PM
(05-02-2015 03:24 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

And so by that logic, the work of Finkelstein, in showing the Exodus didn't happen, invalidates the bible because the OT is without merit and that sets up the NT. Just like we have no proof showing Mohammed rode a magical horse (or donkey), since we have no proof of the ascension, that means that we can't trust that it even happened (ignoring the fact that the time he spent here after the resurrection varies). The knowledge of genetics means that the story of Jacob breeding the goats is BS. That is only scratching the surface. You have some gall to criticize other holy books having scientific and logical inaccuracies.

Edit: I am aware of your considerable scholarly pedigree but I have to remind you that prophecy, life changes, and Etc. are not and have never been evidence for anything except for mental illness.

1. Finkelstein's work takes the traditional Roman Catholic route for the Exodus, not the more logical Reed Sea route--Paul says Mt. Sinai is in Arabia, not in the "Sinai Peninsula" between Israel and Egypt. The traditional Mt. Sinai was prophesied as a location remotely by Constantine's mother...!

2. 25 Million persons were displaced during WWII. Most of them lost records and there is in many cases little or no record of their passing. You may balk at the common Christian response of "footprints disappear in desert sands" but we're talking about a mass exodus of people who lived in cloth tents rather than building skyscrapers...

3. Yes, in general, since prophecy is the province of God and God's people, the common variety prophecy/medium/psychic is balderdash, but prophecies like "after 2,520 360-day Hebrew years elapse following the Babylonian diaspora, Israel will be a Jewish state (my paraphrase)" are not.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2015, 02:47 PM
LOGICAL PROOF A GOD EXISTS:

This proof is so simple that a 2-year-old can follow it.

Science is all about finding answers to questions. A few of the big questions are, "Why do we exist?", "Where did matter come from?", "Why does gravity work the way it does?", etc.

Now, imagine that there was a scientific breakthrough and we answered one of those important questions. We only find ourselves asking more questions about the new answer, "Why that answer?".

Every time you find an answer, you will follow it with more questions to be solved. It is a never ending cycle of questions and answers and questions.

Where does it end? The only logical answer is GOD. Sooner or later, even science will find GOD.

More evidence:
Steven Hawking and other physicists have theorized that the universe was spontaneously created by laws such as gravity. They then theorized that these laws were created by the universe.

This means the creation of the universe works in a cycle:
Laws -> Spontaneous Creation -> Universe -> Laws -> Spontaneous Creation -> etc.

Where did the cycle start? The most logical spot to start the cycle is to define the Laws. How did the Laws get defined without a current Universe? The only logical answer is GOD.

Now, I don't speak of a Christian GOD or Greek GODs, or any GOD that we know of. It is far more logical that the GOD that does exist has never had any influence on our creation at all except for the fact that this GOD created the Laws in which everything is governed.
11-02-2015, 03:03 PM
(11-02-2015 02:47 PM)Slashin8r Wrote:  LOGICAL PROOF A GOD EXISTS:

This proof is so simple that a 2-year-old can follow it.

Science is all about finding answers to questions. A few of the big questions are, "Why do we exist?", "Where did matter come from?", "Why does gravity work the way it does?", etc.

Now, imagine that there was a scientific breakthrough and we answered one of those important questions. We only find ourselves asking more questions about the new answer, "Why that answer?".

Every time you find an answer, you will follow it with more questions to be solved. It is a never ending cycle of questions and answers and questions.

Where does it end? The only logical answer is GOD. Sooner or later, even science will find GOD.

More evidence:
Steven Hawking and other physicists have theorized that the universe was spontaneously created by laws such as gravity. They then theorized that these laws were created by the universe.

This means the creation of the universe works in a cycle:
Laws -> Spontaneous Creation -> Universe -> Laws -> Spontaneous Creation -> etc.

Where did the cycle start? The most logical spot to start the cycle is to define the Laws. How did the Laws get defined without a current Universe? The only logical answer is GOD.

Now, I don't speak of a Christian GOD or Greek GODs, or any GOD that we know of. It is far more logical that the GOD that does exist has never had any influence on our creation at all except for the fact that this GOD created the Laws in which everything is governed.

If by "god" you mean Spongebob, then yes, the universe was created by Spongebob. Spongebob is ascendant.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition