Under Christian Attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2011, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 03:30 AM by Ms Rukia.)
Under Christian Attack
“Don’t look for trouble because trouble will find you” seems to ring true in my ears right now. I have never been audacious enough to out rightly seek Christian’s for a debate or challenge them on one of their many websites. Such an attitude is identical in my social circuit and within it is a rock band; many would take my opinion of them as pure bias so I will spare you from me dribbling on about my thoughts on them.

They have come under attack from an American Christian website/radio station known as Christwire. A whistleblower for their website’s “Moral Alerts” section submitted a review to discourage people from listening to their work.

I shall provide you with the review written with fixed grammar to spare you from confusion:

After reading one of your articles regarding the “Good and the Bad” I looked up one of the bands they would soon to be playing with. I listened to the song by ‘Dirty Vibes’ entitled ‘Lucy Fur’ It advocates homosexual, no strings attached sex and the filthy imagery the singer displays in her words is an absolute disgrace. I implore you to have a listen and ask of you to ensure that no one’s ears are befouled with such intolerable filth again.

The source of the review: http://christwire.org/2010/11/lucy-fur-t.../?59385020 (You can directly comment on there as well as an anonymous if you wish for a debate)

The song in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiUk9HhHg14

The band in question: http://www.facebook.com/dirtyvibes

I personally find it insulting that they’ve taken liberties to try and bring the band to a demise. They may be a small section of one community but it is easy to deter that there are many Christian’s who share the same opinion.

What is your opinion on the matter? How would you deal with this situation? Do you think the song really is an issue? Does the band warrant unneeded behaviour?

[Image: websig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2011, 02:51 PM
RE: Under Christian Attack
Do you think it is going to make a big difference to the band?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
04-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Like observer said, I dont think this will not make a big difference. There are a lot of bands that use satanic, suggestive or obscene images, and ironicaly, when a band is under attack by religious organizations, it becomes more famous Big Grin.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Religion has tried stomping on musicians for hundreds of tears or more. The catholic church banned all music for a long time. Then they slowly allowed certain things to be played, following very strict rules that they laid out. This created a 300 year span of Greagorian Chants.

They (the catholic church leaders) even burned musicians at the stake for playing diminished 5ths because they (the catholic church leaders) claimed that the sound produced by the diminished 5th was the devil in music (Diablo au musica).

PS. Diablo au musica can now be heard in many hymns.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
04-04-2011, 11:52 PM
(04-04-2011 04:14 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Like observer said, I dont think this will not make a big difference.
uum... I was asking a question actually. Undecided

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
05-04-2011, 12:11 AM
(04-04-2011 02:43 PM)Ms Rukia Wrote:  “Don’t look for trouble because trouble will find you” seems to ring true in my ears right now. I have never been audacious enough to out rightly seek Christian’s for a debate or challenge them one of their many websites. Such an attitude is identical in my social circuit and within it is a rock band; many would take my opinion of them as pure bias so I will spare you from me dribbling on about my thoughts on them.

They have come under attack from an American Christian website/radio station known as Christwire. A whistleblower for their website’s “Moral Alerts” section submitted a review to discourage people from listening to their work.

I shall provide you with the review written with fixed grammar to spare you from confusion:

After reading one of your articles regarding the “Good and the Bad” I looked up one of the bands they would soon to be playing with. I listened to the song by ‘Dirty Vibes’ entitled ‘Lucy Fur’ It advocates homosexual, no strings attached sex and the filthy imagery the singer displays in her words is an absolute disgrace. I implore you to have a listen and ask of you to ensure that no one’s ears are befouled with such intolerable filth again.

The source of the review: http://christwire.org/2010/11/lucy-fur-t.../?59385020 (You can directly comment on there as well as an anonymous if you wish for a debate)

The song in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiUk9HhHg14

The band in question: http://www.facebook.com/dirtyvibes

I personally find it insulting that they’ve taken liberties to try and bring the band to a demise. They may be a small section of one community but it is easy to deter that there are many Christian’s who share the same opinion.

What is your opinion on the matter? How would you deal with this situation? Do you think the song really is an issue? Does the band warrant unneeded behaviour?
My Opinion ; I've heard far worse. And Let them try to stop people from listening. They are only showing how stupid they are. Like Others said in here, The band is going to get more popular for it, not less.

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
05-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Evangelicals who said that KISS stands for 'Knights In Satanic Service' only drew more attention to the band and helped increase record and concert ticket sales for that band.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
05-04-2011, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 01:33 AM by MasterRottweiler.)
(04-04-2011 11:52 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(04-04-2011 04:14 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Like observer said, I dont think this will not make a big difference.
uum... I was asking a question actually. Undecided

Well hehe I was not reading carefuly, anyway, I think thats a reasonable answer to your question my friend. But anyway, I think It will have no ill effect on that band, I mean, look at KISS, Morbid Angel, Venom, even Marilyn Manson when he was famous, a lot of religious organizations attacked them and nothing happened, in fact I think they became even more famous lol.

(05-04-2011 12:18 AM)No J. Wrote:  Evangelicals who said that KISS stands for 'Knights In Satanic Service' only drew more attention to the band and helped increase record and concert ticket sales for that band.

LOL, You made me remember when religious people said that AC/DC stands for "Anti-Christ/Devil's Child" and the same happened with AC/DC they became more famous. Big Grin. Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2011, 02:55 AM
AC/DC stands for "Anti-Christ/Devil's Child"?? Hahahaha, first time I hear this. And I mean, if AC/DC is a "satanic" band, then really... Anyway, who cares what religious freaks are saying, people who will listen to them will not listen to that kind of music no matter what anyone says, so I think it makes absolutely no deference. And if they are persistent enough (the religious freaks), then they will get more publicity for those bands, because the papers would write about them, and that will actually help promote the band, no matter what they write about them. And sooner or later a journalist will come who will be interested in a different side of the story, so when he/she makes an interview with the band, they will have a chance to say their side of the story. So, religious babbling can be only a good thing for every band.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
05-04-2011, 06:56 AM
I believe Christwire is a parody / Poe site. I visit it for a laugh every once in a while. I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Any way, in general, any publicity is good publicity, as the old saying goes. I would wear their disapproval on my sleeve like a badge of honor. Smile

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.