Under the Knife

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Under the Knife
I'll be going under the knife tomorrow for surgery on the ligament pressing on my left median nerve. Gasp I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists, but will be having them done one at a time so that I can remain reasonably functional. There will be pain meds. Hobo So if I act extra goofy, you'll know why. It'll be outpatient surgery, which is nicer than staying in the hospital. Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Under the Knife
Hugs to you!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Oooh, pain meds! Drooling

I hope the surgery goes well and that your recovery is speedy.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
29-05-2017, 06:26 PM
Good luck! I"m sure it will go well, they do this sort of thing every single day.

Enjoy the pain meds!
29-05-2017, 06:46 PM
good luck with everything. yay for pain meds! Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
29-05-2017, 06:55 PM
I hope you have a fast and complete recovery. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-05-2017, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2017 08:31 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-05-2017 05:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'll be going under the knife tomorrow for surgery on the ligament pressing on my left median nerve. Gasp I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists, but will be having them done one at a time so that I can remain reasonably functional. There will be pain meds. Hobo So if I act extra goofy, you'll know why. It'll be outpatient surgery, which is nicer than staying in the hospital. Yes

Tell the doc he/she better do a good job, or you won't be able to write them any checks.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Thanks, folks. Whatever I get for pain, I sure as hell hope it isn't Vicodin. That shit wipes me out. Hobo I actually don't like taking pain medication, believe it or not. I don't have that many IQ points to lose. No
30-05-2017, 06:04 AM
Well good luck there.
Also you can ask for less strong pain meds, some that don't knock you out like that.
I found the stronger the pain meds, the more dangerous the side effects. The original ones that my doctor prescribed stopped my breathing so I moved to Ibuprofen and that helped fine as well.
Took it for two weeks with my torn muscle but I am not sure what the pain is like with your wrist though. You can ask your doctor I guess.

Take care

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
30-05-2017, 06:09 AM
Hope it all went well mate. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.