Under the Knife

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2017, 09:32 AM
RE: Under the Knife
(30-05-2017 06:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm alittle woozy from the surgery meds, though. I'm supposedly only going to need Tylenol, which is OK by me.

That shit'll fry your liver. Stick with aspirin.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-06-2017, 09:20 PM
(30-05-2017 06:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 01:34 PM)KUSA Wrote:  My sister in law just had this done and it wasn't too bad. You'll be happy you did it.

Speedy recovery bro. Ignore Girly.

Nah, Girly's posts are great! They are the kind a person who is reasonably sure that they have a fiend (albeit electronic) to be abo to do this. Thumbsup

As for the surgery, that (sofa) hurts less than the 7 tries it took ti get the IV in. Sad

I'm alittle woozy from the surgery meds, though. I'm supposedly only going to need Tylenol, which is OK by me.

^^^This is Fireball on drugs! Laugh out load Friend, I meant friend! Honest! I don't know where TF the "sofa" came from, either. Huh

I ended up taking 3 whole Tylenol tablets. Two the day of surgery (one had codeine in it), and one the next day. That was it. It doesn't hurt unless I try to power through something. I went in for "suture removal" today. The nurse asked where the bandage went. I told her that I took it off after I spilled beef blood on it when grilling steaks for my MIL's birthday. It would have smelled pretty badly 2 days later. Facepalm That was the primary reason for my visit, I was told. Well, don't tell me it's for suture removal, then. Hobo On top of which, the sutures are dissolvable. Some bad communications, there. Now, I get to stroke it a few times a day with lotion to reduce the scar tissue, and do range of motion movements. Easy-peasy.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
06-06-2017, 09:26 PM
(06-06-2017 09:20 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 06:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Nah, Girly's posts are great! They are the kind a person who is reasonably sure that they have a fiend (albeit electronic) to be abo to do this. Thumbsup

As for the surgery, that (sofa) hurts less than the 7 tries it took ti get the IV in. Sad

I'm alittle woozy from the surgery meds, though. I'm supposedly only going to need Tylenol, which is OK by me.

^^^This is Fireball on drugs! Laugh out load Friend, I meant friend! Honest! I don't know where TF the "sofa" came from, either. Huh

I ended up taking 3 whole Tylenol tablets. Two the day of surgery (one had codeine in it), and one the next day. That was it. It doesn't hurt unless I try to power through something. I went in for "suture removal" today. The nurse asked where the bandage went. I told her that I took it off after I spilled beef blood on it when grilling steaks for my MIL's birthday. It would have smelled pretty badly 2 days later. Facepalm That was the primary reason for my visit, I was told. Well, don't tell me it's for suture removal, then. Hobo On top of which, the sutures are dissolvable. Some bad communications, there. Now, I get to stroke it a few times a day with lotion to reduce the scar tissue, and do range of motion movements. Easy-peasy.

I'm glad u r doing well Smile The last bit I haaaad to put in the Quotes Taken Out of Context thread Big Grin Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-06-2017, 10:17 PM
(31-05-2017 09:32 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 06:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm alittle woozy from the surgery meds, though. I'm supposedly only going to need Tylenol, which is OK by me.

That shit'll fry your liver. Stick with aspirin.

I was told nothing but Tylenol for pain for two weeks because the other stuff (Naproxyn sodium, (my go-to), Ibuprofen and aspirin) can cause reduced coagulation. I take pain medication (beyond the 81 mg ASA tablet) about 3 times a year, except for when I have surgery. That #3 Tylenol I took a week ago today is something like 5 years old. I must be a masochist- I'd just as soon just ignore the pain, if I can. Yes