Underailable Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
26-11-2015, 12:11 PM
RE: Underailable Thread

See, anyone can do yoga Tongue

The panda is sooooo cute! Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-11-2015, 12:53 PM
(25-11-2015 07:57 AM)skyking Wrote:  No good deed goes unpunished:
I was selling a 5th wheel hitch on CraigsList. A guy from Taiwan replies and wants help installing it. I'm not going to do that so I find him a shop. We exchange a total of 30 emails over this simple transaction. He speaks virtually no english and is typing it all into a translator. He sends me pictures and it appears he tried to tow his 5th wheel trailer with a gooseneck adapter on a ball at the bumper of his truck. This was crazy dangerous. I have pity on him and here comes the punishment.
I go Monday night to where he is, and cut the gooseneck adapter off and deliver the hitch. I had called the shop earlier and give him instructions. he is there with his 16 and 17 year old sons. Yesterday I dropped by some small parts at the shop I had forgotten and met him there. I had agreed to show him how to use the hitch so I ran back up there and got it all set up, moved the pinbox and leveled the trailer, and then discovered he had no brake controller. I had not thought to look and the hitch shop should have caught it too.
He is thinking he can go to California with no trailer brakes. I graphically show him what will happen if he has to stop fast, that he and his kids will be hurt and others too. I call around and that same shop had the best price by far. He thinks he can just tow his trailer down there and get the brakes.
NO. I send him to get his brakes and come back for the trailer.
He leaves the shop without really understanding, and is heading down the interstate with no brakes. I get him to stop and talk him through the adjustment process with pictures and texting and translators. He has brakes and a proper hitch. My conscience is quite clear Big Grin
Last night he sent me a couple of texts, very gratefully explaining that he knew I had kept him and his kids from harm. they had arrived safely but did have to brake hard two times. He was well aware that the trailer brakes saved the day.
It was touching and choked me up a bit.
26-11-2015, 12:59 PM
(26-11-2015 12:53 PM)skyking Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 07:57 AM)skyking Wrote:  No good deed goes unpunished:
I was selling a 5th wheel hitch on CraigsList. A guy from Taiwan replies and wants help installing it. I'm not going to do that so I find him a shop. We exchange a total of 30 emails over this simple transaction. He speaks virtually no english and is typing it all into a translator. He sends me pictures and it appears he tried to tow his 5th wheel trailer with a gooseneck adapter on a ball at the bumper of his truck. This was crazy dangerous. I have pity on him and here comes the punishment.
I go Monday night to where he is, and cut the gooseneck adapter off and deliver the hitch. I had called the shop earlier and give him instructions. he is there with his 16 and 17 year old sons. Yesterday I dropped by some small parts at the shop I had forgotten and met him there. I had agreed to show him how to use the hitch so I ran back up there and got it all set up, moved the pinbox and leveled the trailer, and then discovered he had no brake controller. I had not thought to look and the hitch shop should have caught it too.
He is thinking he can go to California with no trailer brakes. I graphically show him what will happen if he has to stop fast, that he and his kids will be hurt and others too. I call around and that same shop had the best price by far. He thinks he can just tow his trailer down there and get the brakes.
NO. I send him to get his brakes and come back for the trailer.
He leaves the shop without really understanding, and is heading down the interstate with no brakes. I get him to stop and talk him through the adjustment process with pictures and texting and translators. He has brakes and a proper hitch. My conscience is quite clear Big Grin
Last night he sent me a couple of texts, very gratefully explaining that he knew I had kept him and his kids from harm. they had arrived safely but did have to brake hard two times. He was well aware that the trailer brakes saved the day.
It was touching and choked me up a bit.

You did good! You'll remember this interchange for the rest of your life.

BTW Happy Thanksgiving to all and don't forget to wear your armor tomorrow if you go shopping.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
26-11-2015, 01:02 PM
[Image: rubberchickenman.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-11-2015, 01:08 PM
(26-11-2015 01:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: rubberchickenman.jpg]

He gotta be Russian Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2015, 01:14 PM
(26-11-2015 01:08 PM)izel Wrote:  
(26-11-2015 01:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: rubberchickenman.jpg]

He gotta be Russian Laugh out load

According to Interpol, it's a dimwitted Serbian assassin on assignment.

#sigh
26-11-2015, 01:52 PM
(25-11-2015 07:22 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  That's right. This thread is absolutely impossible to derail. There is no topic. Just talk about anything you want. Have Fun.Wink

Even the real history of Thanksgiving? Consider

[Image: Sexy-Pinup-Thanksgiving-Outfit.jpg]

Tongue

26-11-2015, 02:30 PM
(26-11-2015 12:11 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-11-2015 12:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

See, anyone can do yoga Tongue

The panda is sooooo cute! Heart

You'd be proud of me jenny, I went to yoga this morning while my hubby started cooking all the Thanksgiving food. And tomorrow I'm going to the 8:30 yoga class. I'd like to find a pilates class and use one of those reformers. I've taken quite a lot of pilates but never used a pilates machine. Look like fun......well.... sort of.

[Image: 2014-new-reformer-classes-pic.jpg]

Have you ever used a reformer?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-11-2015, 02:32 PM
(26-11-2015 01:52 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 07:22 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  That's right. This thread is absolutely impossible to derail. There is no topic. Just talk about anything you want. Have Fun.Wink

Even the real history of Thanksgiving? Consider

[Image: Sexy-Pinup-Thanksgiving-Outfit.jpg]

Tongue

She looks like an armed Elf on the Shelf.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
26-11-2015, 02:36 PM
So relieved to be done with cooking. Managed a decent meal.

Next up: a nap. Then as long as I can stand it on the elliptical. Then practice. Then…pie.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post